rumours

rumours

Postby mazatec » Sat May 02, 2009 5:56 pm

If its true and Yeats is going, as this none entity , Parrish stays its my final visit to Cristie park

Adam Yeats has performed really well all season,

Parrish is not up to league standard as today games highlighted, his tip toeing around the pitch coupled with consistently caught out of position, was responsible for two of the goals,

Please Sammy get rid.

Blinkhorn and O Carroll are also going. in Evans
mazatec

Re: rumours

Postby campdave » Sat May 02, 2009 6:01 pm

Shame you don't know his name if you're such a fan.
campdave

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat May 02, 2009 6:54 pm

ok i'll bite just to set things straight a bit
all entitled to their opinions.... of course we are
first goal barry roche at fault if you ask me then pulls off a brilliant double save and thankfully the offside prevented a almost certain red card
second goal jim bentley got turned inside out by pitman
third goal quality as was the fourth to be honest
first half a brilliant cover tackle from andy parrish to deny pitman a great chance both glen and myself thought he was the pick in the first half he had a good first 45 mins
Andy Parrish will be here next season so get used to it and has worked hard to get back from injury...hes young has pace and bury fans i know all still say hes a good prospect
we will need some pace in our team next season
bournemouth demonstrated the need for pace with their young team today
lets wait till we get official confirmation from the club as to player movements
players come and go and we have to respect the manager and who he thinks will take this club forward
get down to the carleton tomorrow night and celebrate what has been a great season
this club is only going in one direction and thats forward not backwards
if...and if adam yates isnt there next season then we have to respect that decision

rant over......
Shrimpsscene

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 02, 2009 7:06 pm

Shrimpsscene wrote:ok i'll bite just to set things straight a bit
first goal barry roche at fault if you ask me then pulls off a brilliant double save and thankfully the offside prevented a almost certain red card
first half a brilliant cover tackle from andy parrish to deny pitman a great chance both glen and myself thought he was the pick in the first half he had a good first 45 mins
Andy Parrish will be here next season so get used to it and has worked hard to get back from injury...hes young has pace and bury fans i know all still say hes a good prospect
lets wait till we get official confirmation from the club as to player movements
players come and go and we have to respect the manager and who he thinks will take this club forward
get down to the carleton tomorrow night and celebrate what has been a great season
if...and if adam yates isnt there next season then we have to respect that decision

rant over......

..opinions differ, but for me he was totally out of his depth today. Maybe OK as a central defender but too many times he was caught out of position and needed the help of the midfield to cover his back.

If Sammy has serious thought about him as a replacement for Yates...... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat May 02, 2009 7:19 pm

was it goodbye from Matty Blinkhorn and Mr Consistency today ?

if Sammy is bringing 4 in then at least 4 maybe more have to move on.

I will hazard a guess at the players moving out :-

Matty Blinkhorn
Michael Howard
Rene Howe (already gone)
Adam Yates
sadly Mr T
Scott Davies or Lewis Edge (2 keepers on books is enough)
Aaron Taylor (season long loan to Conference to toughen him up)

my wish list for players coming in would include:-

Ryan Lowe (Chester)
Jimmy Ryan (midfielder from Accy to give us some pace in midfield and link with Stanners/Drum
Wilson (left wing back from Chester who looked excellent against us)
Liam Hatch (Peterborough)
Mark Duffy (Southport and to be rubber stamped)
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby mfcbro » Sat May 02, 2009 8:06 pm

Not sure but i believe mr twiss has been given another 12 months.After today i dont know why?
mfcbro

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat May 02, 2009 8:46 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:was it goodbye from Matty Blinkhorn and Mr Consistency today ?

if Sammy is bringing 4 in then at least 4 maybe more have to move on.

I will hazard a guess at the players moving out :-

Matty Blinkhorn
Michael Howard
Rene Howe (already gone)
Adam Yates
sadly Mr T
Scott Davies or Lewis Edge (2 keepers on books is enough)
Aaron Taylor (season long loan to Conference to toughen him up)

my wish list for players coming in would include:-

Ryan Lowe (Chester)
Jimmy Ryan (midfielder from Accy to give us some pace in midfield and link with Stanners/Drum
Wilson (left wing back from Chester who looked excellent against us)
Liam Hatch (Peterborough)
Mark Duffy (Southport and to be rubber stamped)

Agree with most of the above.

Blinks. Very good in the Conf but not really done it in the FL and injury prone.

M.Howard. Seen better days and also injury prone.

Yatesy. Shame if he has gone. The defence was looking very solid on our recent good run and he was an integral part of it.

Mr T. Has another year on his contract but sadly appears to have lost a lot in terms of his previous quality. Will probably stay because it would cost too much to buy out his contract.

I wouldn't be too upset if Diarmud was released (not sure of his contract situation though) Big divergence of opinion about him but he's not achieved enough for me. Same comments apply to Andy Parrish.

Good shout with wish list for players in. Lowe would do a good job but there will be quite a bit of competition to get him. However it wouldn't be an unrealistic signing.

Jimmy Ryan has a two year contract offer on the table from Accy' but hasn't signed it yet. He's pondering it though so we may have to be quick if we did want him. Once again not an unrealistic signing.

Wilson. YES PLEASE. Based on his performance alone at our place this season he looked quality and I think he is rated at Chester.

Liam Hatch. YES, YES, YES. But not very realistic. Southern based player. Did go on loan at Darlo though so maybe a loan period from Peterborough, unless released of course.

Duffy. Yes done enough to look useful.

All will be revealed!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat May 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Christies Child wrote:

rant over......

..opinions differ, but for me he was totally out of his depth today. Maybe OK as a central defender but too many times he was caught out of position and needed the help of the midfield to cover his back.

If Sammy has serious thought about him as a replacement for Yates...... :?: :?: :?:

they do
criticisms thrown at adam yates include ...not my words
"yates cant cross" and "his distribution generally has been poor" "doesnt track back well"
thought its was poor not to include him in the last game
so if he does go someone has to step in with pace vision and good passing
out of his depth?? Parrish... once again Neil youre in charge ....those words will come back to haunt you big time
hes recovering from an injury thats kept him out for three months do you remember
he's just 20 with lots to learn
see you tomorrow evening where im sure you will pass on your concerns to sammy and the boys
Shrimpsscene

Postby Aal » Sat May 02, 2009 9:07 pm

Agree that it was poor that Yates did not feature, been a vital cog in the defence this season
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 03, 2009 7:58 am

Shrimpsscene wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

rant over......

they do
criticisms thrown at adam yates include ...not my words
"yates cant cross" and "his distribution generally has been poor" "doesnt track back well"
thought its was poor not to include him in the last game
so if he does go someone has to step in with pace vision and good passing
out of his depth?? Parrish... once again Neil youre in charge ....those words will come back to haunt you big timehes recovering from an injury thats kept him out for three months do you remember
he's just 20 with lots to learn
see you tomorrow evening where im sure you will pass on your concerns to sammy and the boys

Possibly they will IF he plays in a central defensive role, but not as a full back. As always I'll admit to being wrong, if he comes through. However on the evidence of yesterday he has a lot to learn as you suggest.
Christies Child

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sun May 03, 2009 10:22 am

sorry neil i misread that i do apologise
yes id go with that more central defensive seems right with heny pushing in there as well
will be an interesting summer
Shrimpsscene

Postby i-love-mfc » Sun May 03, 2009 10:29 am

When does Pre-season start? and when do season tickets go on sale?
i-love-mfc

Postby ellandback » Sun May 03, 2009 10:44 am

Totally agree Parrish dosent cut the mustard his positional sense is poor, his inept prancing style hardly puts fear into the opposition forwards and not sure if he has pace.Yates has always been a good prospect and gives 100% would be sorry to see him go. For me today ocarrol played his socks off only to be replaced.With the prospect of no Rene Howe Sammy needs some forwards to bolster our sometimes non existent strike force excluding the reliable Mr Curtiss. Thought Scotty may have been given a shout today ,the lads done well and deserves first team action.Heres hoping we can be stronger next season, and the areas of concern are addressed by Sammy.
ellandback

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 03, 2009 10:54 am

Shrimpsscene wrote:sorry neil i misread that i do apologise
yes id go with that more central defensive seems right with heny pushing in there as well
will be an interesting summer

No need....

We are all fans with differing views. It's when the posts get personal and abusive that I find offensive.

Should be another great night tonight.

Wonder if this will be the last Presentation Night as we know it, what with the new facility possibly on stream this time next season?

Would be the ideal time for the club to open its doors to the new stadium for fans to have a look behind the scenes with guided tours.

;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby morecambe mick » Sun May 03, 2009 11:57 am

I'm sorry, but all this slating of poor Andy Parrish is out of order as far as I'm concerned.

Andy Parrish is guilty of being asked to take the place of a crowd favourite, that's all. Other than that, "out of position?" he was following the instuctions given to him by the bench. ie whenever we had the ball he moved out to the wing to open up the play, and when we lost it he moved back into a more central position, defensive.
Has everyone forgotten how two goals the when we were at home at Luton, came through play from their left wing position?

I am a massive fan of Adam Yates, (see I can spell it right), I even have his shirt hanging in my wardrobe after sponsoring him, his first season with us.

Andy Parrish is a young man with a massive future ahead of him, he's hardly played this season, mainly through injury, but when asked has played in any role required. Right back, central, even as a stand in at left back (away Barnet).

People make fun of his prancing style run, Bambi? Although I think you may find that his style of run is technically correct, and how can any one question his pace after seeing him execute that perfect covering tackle in the first half yesterday, is beyond me.

Rant over. :evil:
morecambe mick

Postby ezz » Sun May 03, 2009 12:42 pm

I think it's a shame and very surprising that we didn't already have a new contract given to Yates, he is young and has performed very good every season, does have a missing spell every now and then but overall he's been great. If he was to go we could have gotten a very decent fee for him.

As for Twiss who has been mentioned on here again, granted his finishing isn't the same and his pace is leaving him, but pace is not always everything in football. His left foot is so dangerous when it comes to set-pieces that he is worth having. Also I genuinely believe that given a run in the team from the beginning of the season, that his instinct infront of goal will return and he will start to score again. Him and O'Carrol could be a great partnership upfront given we bring in some pace in the wings this Summer.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby james456 » Sun May 03, 2009 1:00 pm

I agree - people are being too harsh on Parrish. Bear in mind that Yates is a good few years older than him and his tactical sense will improve. Plus I thought he got forward more effectively than Yates and that tackle was fantastic. Right now, I'd prefer Yates at right back and I really hope he stays at CP but Parrish should be kept I feel.

Another player who I really rate is O'Carroll. Yesterday he just lacked a natural goalscorer to play alongside. He used the ball really effectively and his ball control skills are, imo, the best in the squad. I'd love to see him play alongside a new signing (Ryan Lowe?) next season with Michael Twiss just behind (if he can get his confidence up in preperation for a fresh new season). Then we'll have Stanners and Wainwright back in the squad and we'll be set :)
james456

Postby marky No.1 » Sun May 03, 2009 1:03 pm

ezz wrote:I think it's a shame and very surprising that we didn't already have a new contract given to Yates, he is young and has performed very good every season, does have a missing spell every now and then but overall he's been great. If he was to go we could have gotten a very decent fee for him.

As for Twiss who has been mentioned on here again, granted his finishing isn't the same and his pace is leaving him, but pace is not always everything in football. His left foot is so dangerous when it comes to set-pieces that he is worth having. Also I genuinely believe that given a run in the team from the beginning of the season, that his instinct infront of goal will return and he will start to score again. Him and O'Carrol could be a great partnership upfront given we bring in some pace in the wings this Summer.

We have Wainright and probably Duffy for the wings so can't see any additions there, particularly as realistically we will be trimming the squad and not having 2 people for each position which was the target set last summer.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Sun May 03, 2009 5:24 pm

I don't get the yatesy one he has been one of our best players for a couple of years now and the team were struggling at the start of the season until he came back in.

Surley now we will have to look at bringing in another full back even though we had a perfectly good one, as we only have adams and Parish so there is no cover and yates used to be able to play on the right or left if needed.

I hope we are not going to see a similar thing to the start of this season where some of our better players fall out of favour.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Pandashrimp » Sun May 03, 2009 5:30 pm

[quote="james456"]
Another player who I really rate is O'Carroll. Yesterday he just lacked a natural goalscorer to play alongside. He used the ball really effectively and his ball control skills are, imo, the best in the squad. I'd love to see him play alongside a new signing (Ryan Lowe?) quote]

Agree 100% with that. O'Carroll was our best player yesterday.
Pandashrimp

Postby ezz » Sun May 03, 2009 5:51 pm

Raid the clubs that have gone down and the ones that fail to get through the play-offs from the conference. There is a lot of talent that will want to continue to play league football and disappointed talent that will want out of the conference.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun May 03, 2009 6:25 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I don't get the yatesy one he has been one of our best players for a couple of years now and the team were struggling at the start of the season until he came back in.

Surley now we will have to look at bringing in another full back even though we had a perfectly good one, as we only have adams and Parish so there is no cover and yates used to be able to play on the right or left if needed.

I hope we are not going to see a similar thing to the start of this season where some of our better players fall out of favour.

you may be being unduly harsh on the management team here.

from what it says on the Port Vale forum it seems that Yates is a Vale fan and there was talk of him signing for Vale a couple of months ago.

until the club makes a statement we will not know for certain what has happened.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby james456 » Sun May 03, 2009 9:12 pm

ezz wrote:Raid the clubs that have gone down and the ones that fail to get through the play-offs from the conference. There is a lot of talent that will want to continue to play league football and disappointed talent that will want out of the conference.

I agree. Ryan Lowe being a prime example.
james456

Postby james456 » Sun May 03, 2009 9:18 pm

Just thought of something.
We currently use Yates as a defensive player with Duffy/Wainwright on the other side pushing forward more down the wing. If we got a new left wing back (Wilson from Chester?), we could use our wingers on the right where they belong and can cross first time.

So if we did lose Yates, we should use the situation to our advantage and direct our attacks down the right rather than the left.
james456

Postby Posh » Mon May 04, 2009 8:31 am

mazatec wrote:If its true and Yeats is going, as this none entity , Parrish stays its my final visit to Cristie park

Whether I agree with you or not (and ignoring the spelling of players names etc.) that's a ridiculous comment.

Adam was out of contract, the loan to Burton surely indicated Sammy wasn't his biggest fan, and probably rightly he had a look around, as he's allowed to. His Dad lives in the Potteries and Adam trained at Vale. So he took his chance. Whether we'd been successful with an offer, if we made one, is debatable. The only mistake the club / Sammy made is sidelining at the start of the season. If we'd played him at the start of the season instead of McCann et al we might be looking at the play-offs.

As for Andy 'The Llama' Parrish. He wasn't brilliant yesterday but he wasn't bad either, and made one superb covering tackle. He was made to look worse yesterday by pushing up too much in a back four. Whatever anyone thinks he's got another year left on his contract, we're not in a position to pay any players off and so he's here to stay.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Return to General Discussion