Morecambe 0-4 Bournemouth

Morecambe 0-4 Bournemouth

Postby marky » Sat May 02, 2009 4:01 pm

Ok, so what went wrong?
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Re: Morecambe 0-4 Bournemouth

Postby Shrimpman » Sat May 02, 2009 4:08 pm

we were crap & even worse in the 2nd half
Shrimpman

Postby ezz » Sat May 02, 2009 4:10 pm

Lack of effort due to nothing riding on the match........maybe i was right about giving a couple of youth players a run, add a bit of enthusiasm into the team.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby morecambe mick » Sat May 02, 2009 4:32 pm

Oh my God that was absolutely appalling.

Regardless of whether there was "anything riding" on it, that's the worst performance this season by any Morecambe side, that I've witnessed.

Towels already out on sun loungers comes to mind.

Not true of all the players but most couldn't be arsed.

Roche at fault for the first, rooted in the penalty area when a ball comes in from a corner. Had he stepped forward and fallen down he'd have been awarded a free-kick.

2nd and goals he didn't have a chance with, desperately let down by the rest of his team, Bournemouth players left with hours on the ball to do what they like. They did it well too, two well taken goals, where they shouldn't have had the time to craft their skill.

Thank God I don't have to go next week to watch ......... that crap!

Thanks for the season guys, you've given us something to shout about all the way upto the penultimate game of the season, but you've seriously let yourselves down with the showing today.
Disappointed.
morecambe mick

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat May 02, 2009 4:35 pm

that was absolutely terrible,could not pass it to each other,midfield over run,cannot recall any player except roche who played well,even he should have had the 1st goal.Thye had several excellent players and looked a useful side.We gave them far too much room all game.Glad its last game with that sort of performance would have been relegation material earlier
scalehallshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 02, 2009 4:39 pm

I've seen us play worse and still get a result.

Until their second we were still in it. But the second knocked the stuffing out of us.

IF the rumours concerning Yates leaving to join Port Vale are true then the door is open for McStay to make an impact, as Parrish on todays performance is totally not at the races.

Feel sorry for O'Carroll. By far the best player for us today but looks as thougn he's out but some club will take him and use him as a very effective midfielder playing just behind the strikers.

All in all a good season but it could have been oh so different IF we'd been a bit more positive.

A couple of strikers; a creative midfielder and an accomplished right sided defender are needed in my opinion. Over to you Sammy..........

FOOTNOTE
Port Vale have sacked their manager so Yates going to them could depend on who takes over.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Martin » Sat May 02, 2009 5:20 pm

As Mick suggested, our players were already thinking of days by the pool - they might as well have turned out in Bermuda Shorts and Hawaiian Shirts!! Judging by some of the play one or two were already in flip-flops!!

As for Bournemouth - clearly relaxed (probably for the first time this season) they just went out to enjoy themselves. I don't think they can have expected such a stroll.

A hugely disapppointing performance and result. I think the team let themselves down a bit after such and impressive run-in.

Having said that, it shouldn't tarnish what has been another pretty good Football League season for us. Can't complain at all about a top half finish (whether assisted by various points deductions or not).
Martin

Postby durhamshrimp » Sat May 02, 2009 5:22 pm

Ah well. Still a good season.
durhamshrimp

Postby Posh » Sat May 02, 2009 5:38 pm

Apparently Adam Yates has gone already. Really thought we'd try to get him signed but it seems we didn't want him and neither did he (the loan to Burton??). Always liked him since his pre-season game where he was outstanding and his first touch a first-time 40 yard ball at pace to feet on his debut away at Northwich.

Pity we couldn't have said goodbye. Hope he does well because from when he came back into the side we improved. One of our better players this season.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 02, 2009 5:43 pm

Adam was in the ground prior to the game.

Could have gone rather than stay and watch the match.

Sounds as though his 'walk about' at Darlo last season has played a part in his departure.

Sorry to see him go and wish him well.

Personally I'm more concerned about the possible loss of O'Carroll who in my opinion hasn't been given enough opportunities by Sammy.
Christies Child

Postby i-love-mfc » Sat May 02, 2009 5:45 pm

Where is everyone hearing rumours about yates leaving?
i-love-mfc

Postby ezz » Sat May 02, 2009 5:46 pm

So Yates has gone? Did we get a fee for him or was it a free transfer?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Posh » Sat May 02, 2009 5:47 pm

ezz wrote:So Yates has gone? Did we get a fee for him or was it a free transfer?

Out of contract.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby mfcbro » Sat May 02, 2009 8:11 pm

Whos saying that o carroll is leaving?
mfcbro

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sat May 02, 2009 8:17 pm

I hope o carroll gets another year i thought he was our best player today and he just needs a decent centre forward to play off imo
Blackburn shrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Sat May 02, 2009 8:22 pm

Funny old game.
What if Shrimps had got that deserved 3 points last week, and the play-offs were still a possibility?
What if the Cherries needed to win today to avoid the drop?
Would it still have been 0-4?
Football is a big con, but we all love it.
Plain Peter

Postby Aal » Sat May 02, 2009 8:34 pm

I know it's too late to change but we need Yates back.... as today proved.

Also Howe was sorely missed for his physical presence and ability to scare defenders.

Agree that O'Carroll was best player (only one who looked bothered)

Stange though that we've been stuffed by all three minus points teams this season and at all three of those home games we've had crowds close to 2600.

And on the day that I take a friend to his first Morecambe day too!!
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Plain Peter » Sat May 02, 2009 8:48 pm

Aal wrote:And on the day that I take a friend to his first Morecambe day too!!

And you're only as good as your last game.
Plain Peter

Postby halfwayliner » Sat May 02, 2009 11:03 pm

WHAT an absolute load of CRAP,I have paid to go all over the country, to watch Morecambe and this is the the worst game i have seen, What has ADAM YATES done wrong ,get this lad back into the team NOW,
halfwayliner

Postby Keith » Sun May 03, 2009 1:01 am

marky wrote:Ok, so what went wrong?

2009/2010 began with a pre-season kick about against a strong Bournemouth side. With many Morecambe players clearly still on their holidays, the result mattered little as the match was all about fitness...

Was I the only person who thought I was watching a pre-season game? When talking about MotM, I suggested perhaps the referee would be a good candidate, because he had a decent game. Shame such a good season ended in such a manner... I blame Matty...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby campdave » Sun May 03, 2009 7:12 am

Christies Child wrote:Sounds as though his 'walk about' at Darlo last season has played a part in his departure.

I'd like to think there was more to it than that. If we dispatched players after a bad match, we'd have no one left in our squad. Everyone of the players out there yesterday has had a few stinkers in the Morecambe jersey.
campdave

Postby Star08 » Sun May 03, 2009 8:40 am

Hmmmm...Accrington Stanley sprang to mind very early on in the game...it was embarrassingly dire.

I brought along a couple of my friend's kids to watch the game, one of whom is an MUFC fan :D and one of whom is a Liverpool fan :roll: It's the second time I've brought them and I've been trying to get them to sing "I'm Morecambe til I die" in the car, but for some reason they're not having it...really can't think why...

Anyway, once again we were asked to put our support behind the club and turn out for their end of season performance. Where were they? Definitely de-mob happy.

Very disappointing after such a good run, but after a shaky start to the season I reckon they've done really well to be where they are in the league, so overall, well done lads. Keep up the good work you've done this year next season, and please, stay hungry for the ball...
'What the hell'..its always the right decision

When you realise we are all mad life starts to make sense
Star08

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun May 03, 2009 9:14 am

Posh wrote:Apparently Adam Yates has gone already. Really thought we'd try to get him signed but it seems we didn't want him and neither did he (the loan to Burton??). Always liked him since his pre-season game where he was outstanding and his first touch a first-time 40 yard ball at pace to feet on his debut away at Northwich.

Pity we couldn't have said goodbye. Hope he does well because from when he came back into the side we improved. One of our better players this season.

Yates wanted to stay at the club, so not sure what mfc and sammy are thinking but they aint got much wrong so we have to trust them but it really is a big loss.
thegentlegiant

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 03, 2009 9:37 am

thegentlegiant wrote:
Posh wrote:Apparently Adam Yates has gone already. Really thought we'd try to get him signed but it seems we didn't want him and neither did he (the loan to Burton??). Always liked him since his pre-season game where he was outstanding and his first touch a first-time 40 yard ball at pace to feet on his debut away at Northwich.

Yates wanted to stay at the club, so not sure what mfc and sammy are thinking but they aint got much wrong so we have to trust them but it really is a big loss.

Are you 100% sure? Conflicting opinions about that.
Christies Child

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun May 03, 2009 9:56 am

Christies Child wrote:
thegentlegiant wrote:

Are you 100% sure? Conflicting opinions about that.

Something I was told last night but i cant reveal the source,
thegentlegiant

Next

Return to General Discussion