Goal of the season award

Goal of the season award

Postby Christies Child » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:24 pm

IF there is an award for GoS, should it only apply to those players still with the club?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Goal of the season award

Postby Gnasher » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:25 pm

If Gary's still here, it wouldn't be a problem, would it?
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby matty » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:46 pm

Wait til you see what Twissy has in store for Saturday!
Its all in the hips.
matty

Postby Crooky MFC » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:27 pm

I'd go for Hunters(Grimsby) and Drummonds(Aldershot) over Rene's anyday. Renes was amazing but Bradford were at fault for letting him get in that position. Drummonds and Hunters were just unstoppable, and could'nt really have been prevented?
Crooky MFC

Postby Keith » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:00 am

Crooky MFC wrote:I'd go for Hunters(Grimsby) and Drummonds(Aldershot) over Rene's anyday. Renes was amazing but Bradford were at fault for letting him get in that position. Drummonds and Hunters were just unstoppable, and could'nt really have been prevented?

Agree entirely, whether CC's rule was in place or not wouldn't matter! Of course, only about 15 of us saw both the goals you mentioned! :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)

Got to feel sorry for Drummie, "Goal of the Season"... for three days!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimper » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:57 am

1 Gary
2 Rene
3 Stewart
4 Diarmuid (at Barnet)

That's the order for me.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Shrimpsscene » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:14 pm

rethink but im fine with these

1 garry hunter away at grimsby
2 stewart drummond at aldershot
3 diarmuid ocarroll a barnet

rene howe(10 goals short of a good season) not bad but it was only bradford at the end of the day :lol: :lol:
Shrimpsscene

Postby John L » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:23 pm

matty wrote:Wait til you see what Twissy has in store for Saturday!

I'm looking forward to a 3-0 victory, with goals from outside the area by Adams, McLachlan and Yates!!! :lol:
GED ARMY!
John L

Postby Shrimpsscene » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:32 pm

John L wrote:

I'm looking forward to a 3-0 victory, with goals from outside the area by Adams, McLachlan and Yates!!! :lol:

think ill have a couple of quid on that bet john!!!!

8-)
Shrimpsscene

Postby John L » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:37 pm

Shrimpsscene wrote:
John L wrote:

think ill have a couple of quid on that bet john!!!!

8-)

SHUSH! Don't tell everyone otherwise we'll be in all sorts of bother!!! ;) ;) ;)
GED ARMY!
John L

Postby Shrimpsscene » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:05 pm

too late john if that comes in thats my holiday to pontins sorted..... :lol: :lol:
Shrimpsscene

Postby matty » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:18 pm

Quid on Roche to score first!!
Its all in the hips.
matty

Postby John L » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:43 pm

Shrimpsscene wrote:too late john if that comes in thats my holiday to pontins sorted..... :lol: :lol:

Didn't you know they've shut the one in Middleton? You'll have to go all the way to Squires Gate instead! :lol:
GED ARMY!
John L

Postby Keith » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:24 pm

* Gary
* Drummie
* Howe

Howe's goal looked special but Bradford defence were at fault in giving him the space to run in to and shoot. Drummie suddenly produced something when nothing looked on but for me, Gary's was the best by a country mile simply because there were about 17 players between him and the goal and it had to be inch perfect. Plus, it was a volley in the last minute of a game.

They still show Paul Scholes goal from many years back, if Gary had scored that in the Premiership it would be shown for ever more.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby ezz » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:36 pm

Hunter's Goal was up there as one of the best goals ever scored.........by anyone.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:03 pm

Christies Child wrote:IF there is an award for GoS, should it only apply to those players still with the club?

To answer the original question, I would say 'no'. Had Howe's goal been considered the best one, then so be it. We wouldn't take his MotM awards back or ask the Football League to deduct the points we gained from his goals away from us!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:32 am

If the Hunter goal at Grimsby wins the award it would be worth mentioning Michael Twiss's assist in this goal with the most inch perfect corner.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Gnasher » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:05 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:If the Hunter goal at Grimsby wins the award it would be worth mentioning Michael Twiss's assist in this goal with the most inch perfect corner.

Having jumped a barrier and run across the concrete to get the ball because stewards and ball boys just looked on.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:23 am

Gnasher wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:If the Hunter goal at Grimsby wins the award it would be worth mentioning Michael Twiss's assist in this goal with the most inch perfect corner.

Having jumped a barrier and run across the concrete to get the ball because stewards and ball boys just looked on.

Thats the "multi-ball" system for you.

When the home team is desperate for a goal there is a multitude of ball boys throwing a ball in. When the home side is winning or trying to hold on there appears to be only 1 ball in the stadium !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Shrimpsscene » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:50 am

John L wrote:
Shrimpsscene wrote:too late john if that comes in thats my holiday to pontins sorted..... :lol: :lol:

Didn't you know they've shut the one in Middleton? You'll have to go all the way to Squires Gate instead! :lol:

Just in St Annnes sounds posher!!!!

and ive done pontins morecambe believe it or not

5th national soul weekender november 1989

:D
Shrimpsscene

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:16 am

Gnasher wrote:

If I remember rightly, because he hit it with his left foot, Twissy also started his "run" from 2 feet below pitch level!

"Of course, only about 15 of us saw both the goals you mentioned!"

As many as 15? :lol:

Having seen all 4 goals definately Gary for me, from being 2.0 down to scoring a winner made it all the more sweet :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:12 pm

marky No.1 wrote:As many as 15? :lol:

Having seen all 4 goals definately Gary for me, from being 2.0 down to scoring a winner made it all the more sweet :D

Seeing three of the four mentioned, despite not living in the UK is worth a special mention!
Obviously I have to blow my own trumpet because no one else will... :roll:

Please note: Frankie Howard has left the building!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:52 pm

My goals of the season are...

1.Hunter
2.Howe
3.O'Carroll
4.Drummond
Little Shrimp

Postby Gnasher » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:03 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
Gnasher wrote:

Thats the "multi-ball" system for you.

When the home team is desperate for a goal there is a multitude of ball boys throwing a ball in. When the home side is winning or trying to hold on there appears to be only 1 ball in the stadium !

And don't forget the other lads, the ones who kept the defence distracted and cleared the way for Gary to score. Classic team effort with two exceptional moments.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Return to General Discussion