McIlroy & Bentley Interview

McIlroy & Bentley Interview

Postby Mike Blackstone » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Really good after-match interviews with Sammy McIlroy and Jim Bentley to be seen on the weekly Exeter City Internet show, Kellows Bootlaces. You can log on at www.kellowsbootlaces.co.uk. Worth watching to get the Morecambe reaction to the game.
Mike Blackstone

Re: McIlroy & Bentley Interview

Postby Mark S » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:50 pm

Fantastic! :D

Not just saying it because its my mate Kirky, but a real quality programee. Made by fans for fans. The other guy (Fullsy)is the Matchday Announcer at Exeter

If anyone fancies doing something similar next season, count me in! In fact does anyone fancy doing something like this? :) Glen? ;)

Watch it and see some great interviews and some good insights into the game.
Mark S

Postby Christies Child » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:52 pm

Only word to describe this production is EXCELLENT

You MUST watch and enjoy.

:D :D :D
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:18 pm

Well worth a watch, great interviews with both Sammy and Jim. We should be doing something similar on the website. It would certainly entice people to either sign up to or renew memberships for the official site next season.

Nitpicking; Jim Bentley wasn't with us during the unibond days (or the equivalent).
RedRedWine1

Postby Mike Blackstone » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:53 am

Unibond? Give them a break. They are not used to football up north!! North of Bristol that is.

Seriously, the programme is worth watching every week (new one each Tuesday during the season), even if it isn't your team involved.
Mike Blackstone

Postby DTSJim » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:38 am

That was cracking.

I really enjoyed it and I reckon it's not that difficult to replicate up here.

Good interviews and it's clearly run by proper football fans.
DTSJim

Postby Kellows Bootlaces » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:38 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Nitpicking; Jim Bentley wasn't with us during the unibond days (or the equivalent).

Oops!

My bad!

Apologies for that, basic schoolboy error. In my defence I spent Friday night drinking copious amounts of alcohol with Okkers, Matt D and Mark S, and I am sure that it was one of them who told me! ;)

If you have watched the show, you will have seen that there was a charity game on the Sunday involving ex-Exeter City players, and Scott Hiley told me that he was at Man City with Jimbo.

Great game on Saturday, and I think in the 2 games we were fortunate to get two draws.

All the best!

Kirky.
Kellows Bootlaces

Postby Shrimpsscene » Fri May 01, 2009 12:14 am

Kellows Bootlaces wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:Nitpicking; Jim Bentley wasn't with us during the unibond days (or the equivalent).

Oops!

My bad!

Apologies for that, basic schoolboy error. In my defence I spent Friday night drinking copious amounts of alcohol with Okkers, Matt D and Mark S, and I am sure that it was one of them who told me! ;)

If you have watched the show, you will have seen that there was a charity game on the Sunday involving ex-Exeter City players, and Scott Hiley told me that he was at Man City with Jimbo.

Great game on Saturday, and I think in the 2 games we were fortunate to get two draws.

All the best!

Kirky.

Aye up Kirky was indeed a fine Friday night sir
Mrs Lion is sending me up a Devon tea towel and fudge
The mind boggles...........
PM me your email sir
Ta muchly

(Ockers)
Shrimpsscene

Postby marky No.1 » Fri May 01, 2009 11:59 am

Cracking stuff - brings back the haze from the weekend :lol:

Don't know about "less than 100 made a BIT of noise" :?

Deserved praise for Jimbo who kept Stuart Fleetwood in his pocket :D

Shame about Sammy over celebrating :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri May 01, 2009 12:28 pm

Like I said Kirky, just nitpicking (made my ears prick up when I heard it, that's all). It was a really interesting watch all the same.

Re: Sammy Mac over celebrating. It appears that Exeter fans are not alone in their thoughts. I've read many fans on other forums commenting that he over does it (coming close to the top of the most annoying manager poll on the football forum). Personally I believe some clubs think that the way he celebrates is a one off, something aimed at themselves and their club. I've seen nothing to suggest that Sammy celebrates a goal any differently regardless if we are playing at home or away, or against any opposition. He's just brimming with enthusiasm which I think is great to see. I can see how it could be interpreted as disrespectful, though I'm sure goading opposition supporters is the last thing on his mind when he is celebrating a goal (despite the abuse that is aimed at him from the stands). You should have asked him Kirky, for a football legend (and let's face it, I'd say that most people with even a remote interest in football would have heard of Sammy) he is pretty approachable.
RedRedWine1

Return to General Discussion