Yesterday's Ref

Yesterday's Ref

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:50 pm

Mr Ward has to commended for the hilarious way he ended the game - I don't think I have ever seen anything like it - he was so frightened about the possible pitch invasion he was almost off the pitch and heading down the tunnel when he blew the whistle! - even the players looked bemused.

I think its a good thing they didn't gain promotion yesterday as had they invaded the pitch it could have been interesting with the complete lack of segregation - the couple of clowns who got over excited in their end would have been even more full of it with 1,000 of their lot on the pitch inevitably goading us
SkinnyShrimp

Re: Yesterday's Ref

Postby Curly » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:42 pm

I'm not so sure he was worried about the pitch invasion as they didn't get the points
they needed, but 45 mins running around might have been too long for a 9 year old
to control his bladder, his mum should have asked him if he needed a wee before the
second half started, I blame the parents....
;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:13 pm

Shouldn't the referee be one of the last off the field of play that he is responsible for?
Along with his/her assistants?

The referee claimed that there was a pitch invasion when asked after the game.
Clearly only by the benches from each squad.

He is responsible for the safety of the players under his charge whilst playing on his pitch, he is responsible for checking the safety and suitability of the playing surface and any other aspect that may be of effect to the players or officials.

He was negligent towards our players. He waved off his assistant before he'd blown his whistle.
He was waving so frantically I thought he was calling for medical attention for one of the players, so I was confused when I saw no players down.

As for the segregation at this game, I'm sure some F.A rules must have been broken. There wasn't any, unless you class two 1" red streamers from top to (almost) bottom between the seats as segregation? This was placed between two seats, side by side, occupied by opposing fans.
The strangest demarkation I've ever seen. Add to that using the same toilets and catering facilities :o :o
morecambe mick

Postby Curly » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:49 pm

morecambe mick wrote:Shouldn't the referee be one of the last off the field of play that he is responsible for?
Along with his/her assistants?

The referee claimed that there was a pitch invasion when asked after the game.
Clearly only by the benches from each squad.

He is responsible for the safety of the players under his charge whilst playing on his pitch, he is responsible for checking the safety and suitability of the playing surface and any other aspect that may be of effect to the players or officials.

He was negligent towards our players. He waved off his assistant before he'd blown his whistle.
He was waving so frantically I thought he was calling for medical attention for one of the players, so I was confused when I saw no players down.

As for the segregation at this game, I'm sure some F.A rules must have been broken. There wasn't any, unless you class two 1" red streamers from top to (almost) bottom between the seats as segregation? This was placed between two seats, side by side, occupied by opposing fans.
The strangest demarkation I've ever seen. Add to that using the same toilets and catering facilities :o :o

Yeah, but he was only 9! give him a break :lol:

Your right Mick, frying a burger in the toilets isn't acceptable at this level!
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Crimson Crust » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:09 am

morecambe mick wrote:

The strangest demarkation I've ever seen. :o :o

What segregation do we have in the main stand at Crusty?
Crimson Crust

Postby Christies Child » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:26 am

Crimson Crust wrote:
morecambe mick wrote:

I think Mick's point is that we might have had some idiots with us (I know we don't )who could have caused problems with similar minded fools from Exeter. At Crusty we rely very much on the belief that opposition idiots tend to congregate in the Umbro stand. There is the odd exception, but generally the arrangement works well at our stadium. Thankfully we're well served by Lingwood Security on the odd occassions when a more obvious security presence is felt necessary ie v Bratford being a recent example.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Crimson Crust » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:46 am

Christies Child wrote:
Crimson Crust wrote:
morecambe mick wrote:

I think Mick's point is that we might have had some idiots with us (I know we don't )who could have caused problems with similar minded fools from Exeter. At Crusty we rely very much on the belief that opposition idiots tend to congregate in the Umbro stand. There is the odd exception, but generally the arrangement works well at our stadium. Thankfully we're well served by Lingwood Security on the odd occassions when a more obvious security presence is felt necessary ie v Bratford being a recent example.

Ah yea! I'll give you that one C.C. ;)
Crimson Crust

Postby DTSJim » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:35 pm

Do we not also have a row of steps between sets of fans in the mainstand.

This can at least be filled with security if it even vaguely looks like kicking off.
DTSJim

Postby Christies Child » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:42 pm

DTSJim wrote:Do we not also have a row of steps between sets of fans in the mainstand.

This can at least be filled with security if it even vaguely looks like kicking off.

Correct.

But you'll find that the now familiar hollow of 'SIT DOWN' does the trick....even if it's original intention was aimed at the opposition manager!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Splodge » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:53 pm

Plus if things do kick off in the main stand, you could have a column of stewards blocking access; something which would have been difficult at Exeter!
Splodge

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:58 pm

Mainstand regulars will correct me if I'm wrong, but at Chrisie Park, don't the opposition fans have to come through the "away" end of the ground and up the steps from that end.
Not via the Paddock?

We went through a gate, not a turnstile, and made our own way through the home fans to our "section".

I'm sure that had they been playing Aldershot or Bradford or any of a number of other teams in this league, the arrangements would have been completely different. Indeed our good reputation has led to these circumstances. :(

Perhaps next season if we caused some "mayhem" we'd get better respect. :mrgreen:
morecambe mick

Postby james456 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:11 pm

morecambe mick wrote:Mainstand regulars will correct me if I'm wrong, but at Chrisie Park, don't the opposition fans have to come through the "away" end of the ground and up the steps from that end.
Not via the Paddock?

We went through a gate, not a turnstile, and made our own way through the home fans to our "section".

I'm sure that had they been playing Aldershot or Bradford or any of a number of other teams in this league, the arrangements would have been completely different. Indeed our good reputation has led to these circumstances. :(

Perhaps next season if we caused some "mayhem" we'd get better respect. :mrgreen:

That and the lack of computerised turnstiles... Surely they can't enter league 1 like that?
james456

Postby Gnasher » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:11 pm

Mainstand regulars will correct me if I'm wrong, but at Chrisie Park, don't the opposition fans have to come through the "away" end of the ground and up the steps from that end

Nothing to correct there Mick.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Return to General Discussion