SV Player of the Season????

SV Player of the Season????

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:50 am

Myself and Mark have had a discussion and decided that its Gnasher's fault that we've only just got around to thinking about this, a week before the end of the season :? :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Instead of a poll, if you would like to vote, simply send me an e-mail to keith.fitton[at]manx.net [where [at] is @ obviously]. Put "Player of the Season" in the subject line and then "I vote for Barry Roach* in the body of the e-mail". Votes close when ever I last have e-mail access on Friday or Saturday morning, SO DO IT NOW!!! If you wish to pass comment as to why you've chosen who you choose, please do, they may help contribute to the presentation speech!

*Please note that other players are available...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: SV Player of the Season????

Postby Howe Magic » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:19 am

roach - i will be voting for barry roche as he is our player the other one must be an imposter lol
Howe Magic

Postby fletch_al » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:47 am

is their really a need to vote. theres no doubt that roche has got it in the bag
fletch_al

Postby Gnasher » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:36 pm

Myself and Mark have had a discussion and decided that its Gnasher's fault that we've only just got around to thinking about this, a week before the end of the season

Which roughly translated means the mods have forgotten about it since I said I hadn't got enough time to sort it out on April 7th :lol: :lol: :lol:

If an electronic poll is required though, I'm sure one can be sorted out but not with the features some people prefer, like not seeing the votes once you've cast yours.

I don't think it should be a forum vote though. I'd prefer the mods to come up with some warped rule about mentions on the forum, like who has given us the most to talk about. It would be nice if it wasn't a one-person presentation evening.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby ezz » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:51 pm

Keith you wouldn't have to open a single email, give it Roche and get away with it :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:31 pm

I haven't looked at any of the votes yet but I'm pretty sure it's going in one direction. That said, it is a shame in some respects because it over looks that our defence have been superb. For example, I think Jimbo has played the best football of his career this last season, possibly Danny Adams too.

For those of you yet to vote...

THE WHOLE POINT OF STATING THE EXACT WORDING AS REQUESTED, IN THE SUBJECT LINE IS SO I CAN SORT BY SUBJECT WHEN I COME TO COUNT THE VOTES!!!! Wrong wording and you may not be counted!

And yes, we forgot you said you couldn't do it Brian, but that is still a poor excuse... especially as it was Freez what you told so its his fault too.

Followed by Posh...

And USA Shrimps should have remembered...

As for Aspers, couldn't he have sorted it instead of swanning off to Bali?

The point is, it wasn't Mark's fault...

...or mine.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gnasher » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:38 pm

And yes, we forgot you said you couldn't do it Brian, but that is still a poor excuse... especially as it was Freez what you told so its his fault too.
Followed by Posh...
And USA Shrimps should have remembered...
As for Aspers, couldn't he have sorted it instead of swanning off to Bali?
The point is, it wasn't Mark's fault...
...or mine.

I was so confident you'd get it all sorted in plenty of time ..... I set up a poll mechanism :lol: :lol:

I hope Mark hasn't forgotten the other project for next weekend :shock:
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:07 pm

Keith wrote:if you would like to vote, simply send me an e-mail to keith.fitton[at]manx.net [where [at] is @ obviously]. Put "Player of the Season" in the subject line and then "I vote for...* in the body of the e-mail".

Keith wrote:THE WHOLE POINT OF STATING THE EXACT WORDING AS REQUESTED, IN THE SUBJECT LINE IS SO I CAN SORT BY SUBJECT WHEN I COME TO COUNT THE VOTES!!!! Wrong wording and you may not be counted!

Okay, I'm at a loss. Clearly, those instructions are just too difficult for some people... Those instructions don't include the words "or send me a PM" nor do they include "or add a few words of your own to make it interesting" What they should convey is, if you put "Player of the Season" in the subject line, then, when I click on "Sort By Subject", all the votes will appear next to each other, making it easy to count. The words...

Keith wrote:Wrong wording and you may not be counted!

...kind of hint that if you don't do that... your vote may not be counted. Sorry if I was being too subtle.

So for those of you who have difficulty, send me an e-mail to the address mentioned above, then copy & paste the following in to the subject line...

Player of the Season

There, now is it easy? :? :? :? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Mark S » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:23 pm

Errr, you did ask for a few words to make it interesting if you look at your original post 8-)

If you wish to pass comment as to why you've chosen who you choose, please do, they may help contribute to the presentation speech!
Mark S

Postby Curly » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:37 pm

Keith wrote:
Keith wrote:if you would like to vote, simply send me an e-mail to keith.fitton[at]manx.net [where [at] is @ obviously]. Put "Player of the Season" in the subject line and then "I vote for...* in the body of the e-mail".

Keith wrote:THE WHOLE POINT OF STATING THE EXACT WORDING AS REQUESTED, IN THE SUBJECT LINE IS SO I CAN SORT BY SUBJECT WHEN I COME TO COUNT THE VOTES!!!! Wrong wording and you may not be counted!

Okay, I'm at a loss. Clearly, those instructions are just too difficult for some people... Those instructions don't include the words "or send me a PM" nor do they include "or add a few words of your own to make it interesting" What they should convey is, if you put "Player of the Season" in the subject line, then, when I click on "Sort By Subject", all the votes will appear next to each other, making it easy to count. The words...

Keith wrote:Wrong wording and you may not be counted!

...kind of hint that if you don't do that... your vote may not be counted. Sorry if I was being too subtle.

So for those of you who have difficulty, send me an e-mail to the address mentioned above, then copy & paste the following in to the subject line...

Player of the Season

There, now is it easy? :? :? :? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Err, will I need a computer?
I voting for Micheal Carr, he was awesome all season long :shock:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:59 am

Roach is the only guy who deserves a mention. Don't blow his horn too loud though or we may well lose him! :lol:
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:29 am

Mark S wrote:Errr, you did ask for a few words to make it interesting if you look at your original post 8-)

If you wish to pass comment as to why you've chosen who you choose, please do, they may help contribute to the presentation speech!

Yup... but not in the subject line or in a PM!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:12 pm

Roche is my player of the season.
Little Shrimp

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:20 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Roche is my player of the season.

have you e-mailed me?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby northstandshrimp2009 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:21 pm

BARRY ROCHE
northstandshrimp2009

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:24 pm

I saw some slips of paper and a ballot box at the last home game, what's that one about? Surely if the fans are voting at the ground they don't need to do this one? :?
Bare Ben

Postby CASS » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:41 pm

Bare Ben wrote:I saw some slips of paper and a ballot box at the last home game, what's that one about? Surely if the fans are voting at the ground they don't need to do this one? :?

Title of the thread Ben...Key is SV player of the season.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:45 pm

I know but my point is, is there a huge difference between fans voting at the ground, and fans voting on here? Surely the outcome will be the same? I'd be surprised if it wasn't.
Bare Ben

Postby Posh » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:12 pm

Oi BB! Pay attention at the back of the class.

Shrimpsvoices has a reputation for doing things out of the ordinary when it comes to voting. Last year Danny Adams swept the board except on here when it was Garry Thompson. The previous year Steven Drench won his only award. This year, in my view, we should have done Outfield Player of the Year to differentiate ourselves. However this year we're being different by forgetting to hold it until the last minute.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:26 pm

I just thought it's a bit silly giving Barry Roche one award that says "Fans Player of the Season" and another that says "Fans who happen to go on the forum Player of the Season". The outfield player is a good idea, but it's a bit discriminatory to goalkeepers :shock: :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:35 pm

I remember a few seasons ago where the player who had been mentioned most on the forum (good or bad) over the 12 month period was selected as SV POTS. Thought it was a good idea, but Twiss still took the award, as he did every other that season. If we did taht again this season I'm not so sure 'Roche' would win, as the spelling of his name still causes problems.
RedRedWine1

Postby Gnasher » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:25 pm

Bare Ben wrote:I just thought it's a bit silly giving Barry Roche one award that says "Fans Player of the Season" and another that says "Fans who happen to go on the forum Player of the Season". The outfield player is a good idea, but it's a bit discriminatory to goalkeepers :shock: :lol:

It's the "Shrimpsvoices Player of the Year Sponsored by Wickes" and how it is decided is entirely down to the mods. The voting slips you might have filled in at the ground are for the supporters club player of the year. If you think there's no need for these 2 then maybe there's no need for more than one at all. At least then the official part of sunday will be over quickly and we can enjoy ourselves :lol:

You obviously haven't been to many of the do's BB otherwise you'd know one player regularily takes most of the awards. Unless the mods come up with a new rule ......
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby bigreddog » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:19 pm

What about tallest player in the team award!!!!.....oh hold on a minute that's f***ing Roche as well isn't it. :oops:

okay there must be another way to break up the evening...

...what about shortest player in the team, or maybe player that has apparently fallen out with Sammy most this year, or player that hoofs the ball most convincingly award. There's three other winners straight away :D

Or we could just do what we're doing eh.

Just to save us any nonesense and maximise drinking time ( which is vital by the way Ben) can we just invite Barry up to the front at the start and get him to stay there while we pile award after award into his arms a la Crackerjack. So long as there's somebody on standby with a cabbage just in case for the one and only time this season he actually drops something. :lol:
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Return to General Discussion