Mystery re: Rene Howe

Mystery re: Rene Howe

Postby Christies Child » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:23 pm

Sammy has just been on the radio giving a post match interview with Quinny and wouldn't elaborate on why Rene was missing.

Could we have seen the last of Rene in MFC colours?

:o :o :o :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Mystery re: Rene Howe

Postby Sammy h » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:56 pm

He has informed me that he will be there next week.
Sammy h

Postby World Cup Willie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:12 am

Based on his effort, commitment and willingness to be a team player, will we miss him? NO!
World Cup Willie

Postby parkyboy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:15 am

Have you not been watching the same matches as everyone else Willie
parkyboy

Postby Sammy h » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:17 am

What the hell? Top scorers don't become top scorers for no reason, Blinkhorn or Howe? Same answer anyday of the week, even a Sunday!!
Sammy h

Postby Christies Child » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:19 am

World Cup Willie wrote:Based on his effort, commitment and willingness to be a team player, will we miss him? NO!

One thing almost certain is that he wil not be with 'boro next season in the Championship.

I suspect that it will be a case of us not being able to afford him.
Christies Child

Postby World Cup Willie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:24 am

I wasn't disputing his goalscoring ability, merely his effort and commitment, both of which I think are lacking.
World Cup Willie

Postby George Dawes » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:09 am

World Cup Willie wrote:I wasn't disputing his goalscoring ability, merely his effort and commitment, both of which I think are lacking.

R Howe might not be happy in our effort and commitment, with making this move permanent
George Dawes

Postby sgt major » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:11 am

DawZi wrote:
World Cup Willie wrote:I wasn't disputing his goalscoring ability, merely his effort and commitment, both of which I think are lacking.

R Howe might not be happy in our effort and commitment, with making this move permanent

.........or the service from his team mates.
sgt major

Postby Number 1 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:03 pm

I can't see Rene Howe here next season. I think that in his own mind, he can do better and has bigger fish to fry.

Should they not go up, perhaps we should be trying to bring in someone like James Constable from Oxford, or Steve Morison from Stevenage. Or Scott Dobbie from Queen of the South.
Number 1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:05 pm

Number 1 wrote:I can't see Rene Howe here next season. I think that in his own mind, he can do better and has bigger fish to fry.

Should they not go up, perhaps we should be trying to bring in someone like James Constable from Oxford, or Steve Morison from Stevenage. Or Scott Dobbie from Queen of the South.

we could sign the guy from Oxford to police the front line !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby i-love-mfc » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:10 pm

Disciplinary reasons- too much of a party animal??
i-love-mfc

Postby George Dawes » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:13 pm

i just hope SM starts signing players, right after the season finishes as oppose to before the start of next season

then go on holiday
George Dawes

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:16 pm

DawZi wrote:i just hope SM starts signing players, right after the season finishes as oppose to before the start of next season

then go on holiday

most contracts run until the 30 June so not always possible to sign targets straight after season has ended.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby CASS » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:22 pm

http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby bigreddog » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:31 pm

CASS wrote:http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10866~1639889,00.html

well there you go. nothing more to be said, we should let the club deal with it internally and get on with preparing for next season, with or without rene
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:10 pm

"Just walk away Rene
You won't see me follow you back home." :(
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby parceldave » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:24 pm

bigreddog wrote:
CASS wrote:http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10866~1639889,00.html

well there you go. nothing more to be said, we should let the club deal with it internally and get on with preparing for next season, with or without rene

I was stood next to the dug out in second half last Saturday and S.M. was screaming at Howe to get back and help his team mates , but he just completely ignored him , and at the end they were having words walking off the pitch. :o
parceldave

Postby Christies Child » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:03 pm

DawZi wrote:i just hope SM starts signing players, right after the season finishes as oppose to before the start of next season

then go on holiday

I seem to recall Sammy doing just that last close season with the signing of a certain Michael Carr.

Remember he signed Rene on the eve of the season and he's not done too badly..(although we could do better!)
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:21 pm

If Rene howe was as good as he thinks he is, he'd be playing for a Premier League team.

Personally, I don't like his ego, but I can't deny he's done a good job for us this season. However, like some people on this thread, I find his effort sorely lacking at times.
campdave

Postby Weetabix Kid » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:34 pm

Thats the end of him then...

Anyways Aaron Taylor could do with a full game on Saturday now theres nowt to play for. Then we can debate all summer long about new strikers (all part of the summer fun)
Weetabix Kid

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:49 pm

Weetabix Kid wrote:Thats the end of him then...

Anyways Aaron Taylor could do with a full game on Saturday now theres nowt to play for. Then we can debate all summer long about new strikers (all part of the summer fun)

theres plenty to play for.

Our final position can only be 9th 10th or 11th.

we were 11th last year so lets try and be 9th

Start with Dermaid and Wayne up front like at Exeter. at the moment Taylor is better as an impact substitute.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:22 pm

Number 1 wrote:I can't see Rene Howe here next season. I think that in his own mind, he can do better and has bigger fish to fry.

James Constable? He was a prolific striker with Kiddy in the Conference and subsequently signed by Shrewsbury but although admitably wasn't given many run outs at Shrews, he couldn't meet the league standard and was allowed to go to Oxford on-loan until the end of the season. He remains on-loan but is expected to sign permanently!
Just shows what a big difference there is between conference and the league because he is knocking them in for fun at Oxford but I still don't rate good enough for us.
nobbyshrimp

Postby parceldave » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:54 pm

What about Michael Bridges , if Carlisle get relegated he might want to come to a more ambitious club. :) :) :)
parceldave

Postby Posh » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:11 pm

Strange as it may sound I think Rene will struggle to get a club next season. He's clearly very talented but an ego the size of a house - 'Rene The Legend Howe'; a lack of loyalty (Radio Lancs interview - 'my next club will be chosen by my agent while I'm on holiday'); and an inability to raise the pace and commitment of his game except perhaps when scouts are in the stand.

He's infuriating because if he had the passion, desire and perspective of players like Jim Bentley or Michael Twiss (gave up League football to prove himself with us) he'd be playing at a very high level and getting the undying adulation of the fans.

Given the current climate there will be very few clubs in Leagues 1 and 2 willing to part with anything like the £3K a week he's believed to be on in his current contract at Peterborough. However his agent will be expected to bring it in. I wouldn't pay anything like that amount for who could turn out to be a 'show pony' once the long-term contract is signed (and that's clearly the risk).
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Next

Return to General Discussion