Mystery re: Rene Howe

Re: Mystery re: Rene Howe

Postby Christies Child » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:54 am

PUNKISDEAD wrote:Our experience of ex QoS players has been poor.QUOTE BY CC

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EVER HEARD OF GERRY IRVING, MATE :?: :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great player in his day, but those of late haven't been exactly brilliant have they?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:35 am

PUNKISDEAD wrote:Totally agree with red knight.

the 31 year old bloke from chester averages one in 5 including sub appearances

so Taylor it is for me, 17 year old Rooney seemed to thrive 8-) 8-) 8-)

He outscored our top-scorers this season, playing in a very poor side. He is a proven scorer at this level AND he is likely to be available.

Aaron, yes, I rate him - give him more of a run next season. But Lowe is one I'd be happy to 'rely' on to get us goals if we can secure him.

Will need to act very quickly, though, I reckon.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:46 am

shrimper wrote:
PUNKISDEAD wrote:Totally agree with red knight.

the 31 year old bloke from chester averages one in 5 including sub appearances

so Taylor it is for me, 17 year old Rooney seemed to thrive 8-) 8-) 8-)

He outscored our top-scorers this season, playing in a very poor side. He is a proven scorer at this level AND he is likely to be available.

Aaron, yes, I rate him - give him more of a run next season. But Lowe is one I'd be happy to 'rely' on to get us goals if we can secure him.

Will need to act very quickly, though, I reckon.

What is his contract position?

I know Notts County bid £20,000 in January and Chester declined it.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:10 am

DawZi wrote:i only think we need 2 or maybe 3

a striker
a left winger
then maybe a veteran midfielder who doesn't mind dropping down a division or two age 30+ on a free transfer, with valuable experience

and offload Blinkhorn Bell and Davies we don't need 3 keepers

As reported in todays Visitor, Sammy has asked Gareth Farrelly to come back for pre-season training and looks as though he's going to be keeping an eye on the Jack Brierly situation following his 4 goal salvo in the reserves v Rochdale.

Farrelly has the experience but needs to get his fitness back. It could be that Sammy may see him as somebody who can play the 'Tugay role' for us and is available on a free.

Ryan Lowe is having talks with the Chester Chairman and Manager but has stated that he doesn't see himself playing non league just yet. As for his contract it may be that he has a clause in it that releases him in the event of relegation. It may well be that we are interested but it sounds as though Sammy has already been busy behind the scenes.
Christies Child

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:51 am

Is he an attacking midifielder or striker?

However he is 33/34
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Posh » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:32 pm

The Red Knight wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:I think Aaron has potential, but it's a big ask for us to become reliant upon him to be starting week in week out next season and scoring goals. It's a massive step up from playing the odd game, or being thrown on for the last 20 as an impact substitute. Perhaps a loan spell at a lower level might do him some good? All bodes well for the future anyhow. Good to see some good young players coming through the youth system once again.

I disagree. Aaron scored 4 goals in 9 starts last season which is a better goal to game ratio than any of the other strikers at the club.

Aaron is 19 now, plenty of players up and down the country play for their clubs on a regular basis at this age and even younger so I don't see why Aaron isn't capable of being a big part of our team next year. As they say, if you're good enough, you're old enough and for me he certainly is.

Aaron is a poacher and an extremely gifted one at that. However play him in a side that's having to defend a lot and its a different ball game.

Aaron started at Rochdale and, apart from a glorious ball just before he got substituted, had an absolute shocker of a game - poor positioning, couldn't tackle, couldn't track back etc. etc. his score of 4 from PA is probably the lowest I've seen.

He's a really good out and out forward but we would need to be a lot more attacking to accommodate him.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Christies Child » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:42 pm

Posh wrote:
The Red Knight wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:I think Aaron has potential, but it's a big ask for us to become reliant upon him to be starting week in week out next season and scoring goals. It's a massive step up from playing the odd game, or being thrown on for the last 20 as an impact substitute. Perhaps a loan spell at a lower level might do him some good? All bodes well for the future anyhow. Good to see some good young players coming through the youth system once again.

I disagree. Aaron scored 4 goals in 9 starts last season which is a better goal to game ratio than any of the other strikers at the club.

Aaron is 19 now, plenty of players up and down the country play for their clubs on a regular basis at this age and even younger so I don't see why Aaron isn't capable of being a big part of our team next year. As they say, if you're good enough, you're old enough and for me he certainly is.

Aaron is a poacher and an extremely gifted one at that. However play him in a side that's having to defend a lot and its a different ball game.

Aaron started at Rochdale and, apart from a glorious ball just before he got substituted, had an absolute shocker of a game - poor positioning, couldn't tackle, couldn't track back etc. etc. his score of 4 from PA is probably the lowest I've seen.

He's a really good out and out forward but we would need to be a lot more attacking to accommodate him.

Some of us would prefer more attacking football. If it had been them maybe we would have got into the play-offs. It might also be the catalyst for more through the gates.

Aaron has a lot to learn and that will come with more experience which I'm sure Sammy and Mark are of a mind to do but over a period of time. Next season could see Aaron take the next step in what could be a promising career.
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:46 pm

Christies Child wrote:If it had been them maybe we would have got into the play-offs. It might also be the catalyst for more through the gates.

If and buts... we might also have conceded more and not challenged in the first place.
campdave

Postby shrimper » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:38 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Is he an attacking midifielder or striker?

However he is 33/34

He'll be 31 in September.

Played a lot of his career as an attacking midfielder (chipped in with useful goals at other clubs) but played this season virtually exclusively as a main striker and did very well in a poor side.

Good attitude, comfortable on the ball, proven goalscorer at this level, NW-based and, crucially, clearly available (perhaps for a price, not sure what his contract situation is or what position Chester are in, might they be in a weak situation for holding players to any contracts?).

As I said previously I don't think we will be 'buying' three or four players for next season, we'll be looking to get out of contract lads and a few long-term loans.

But if we are to focus on one or two who may demand a fee, then - off the top of my head - I can't come up with many better who we could realistically go for.

...... and for all you 'we need a right-winger' merchants.... Richie Partridge looks like he's in the same boat as Lowe as well. Had hamstring problems in the past but dangerous on his day, skilful, crosses well and can go past defenders.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:35 pm

Sorry Glen I was talking about Gareth farrelly when I said 33/34

On the Taylor subject whoever we have up front I still think we need some creative players to get the ball to the strikers our goals scored especially from open play isn't great.

Howe has done well but a lot of the time has had his back towards goal when we have put a long ball up for him and he has had to drop deep and hold the ball up. Most of our strikers have done this Carlton, Blinkhorn etc all drop back or pull out wide looking for the ball. There is only Taylor that stands in the box and waits for it and this is why when we do break we have noone in the box as they have all gone walkabout looking for service.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby james456 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:52 pm

Football manager is the ultimate resource ;)

According to FM09, Ryan Lowe was apparantly a right winger originally but has become a striker.

As for Richie Partridge, I've read some match reports and he sounds like a good player. But in the 5-3-2 formation, we have 4/5 players who can play in that right wing back position so I just can't see why we need another. He can play on the left too but I don't think he's left footed which is what we need.
james456

Postby Christies Child » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:18 pm

Partridge was one who was originally released at the end of last season and was spoken about on here as a possiblity along with another ex Chester who did have a game with us at Kendal. Partridge was taken back on much to the delight of a section of the Deva fans.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:48 am

Hav'nt seen much of Howe Magic in this thread :roll: Maybe he is waiting to pounce with a new username?

Lets see.... Taylor Magic has'nt quite got the same ring - yet!

Blinkhorn Magic - not much chance of that I'm afraid :o

Twiss Magic would have been fantastic.

We need someone with a real thirst for goal, that will growl at the opposition, swoop down and attack their pray.

There you go John, Animal Magic should suit, maybe Johnny Morris then :oops:

For those of you with long memories
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPt_TEKI ... PL&index=8
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Curly » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:32 pm

Christies Child wrote:

a striker
a left winger
then maybe a veteran midfielder who doesn't mind dropping down a division or two age 30+ on a free transfer, with valuable experience

As reported in todays Visitor, Sammy has asked Gareth Farelly to come back for pre-season training and looks as though he's going to be keeping an eye on the Jack Brierly situation following his 4 goal salvo in the reserves v Rochdale.

Farrelly has the experience but needs to get his fitness back. It could be that Sammy may see him as somebody who can play the 'Tugay role' for us and is available on a free.

Ryan Lowe is having talks with the Chester Chairman and Manager but has stated that he doesn't see himself playing non league just yet. As for his contract it may be that he has a clause in it that releases him in the event of relegation. It may well be that we are interested but it sounds as though Sammy has already been busy behind the scenes.

I trust Sammys judgement, but shouldn't this guy be retiring now?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 70142.html

Wonder how many others will be looking at Jack Brierly?
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:39 pm

Curly wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

a striker
a left winger

As reported in todays Visitor, Sammy has asked Gareth Farelly to come back for pre-season training and looks as though he's going to be keeping an eye on the Jack Brierly situation following his 4 goal salvo in the reserves v Rochdale.

I trust Sammys judgement, but shouldn't this guy be retiring now?
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 70142.html

Wonder how many others will be looking at Jack Brierly?

If Sammy thinks he can fuifill a role then trust his judgement.

As for Brierly....well I hope we are at the head of the que judging by his 5 goals in 2 starts. In many ways that's a far better return that Aaron who bigger things will be expected of him next season.
Christies Child

Previous

Return to General Discussion