Southampton

Southampton

Postby ezz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:46 pm

Get over it ;)
ezz

Re: Southampton

Postby ezz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:49 pm

Wow the FA going real harsh on them, just updated, if they beat the drop they get 10 points deducted and go down anyway.......if they dont beat the drop next season they start on -10.
Pretty tough love from the FA they could be playing us in after next season
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:03 pm

Why do people ALWAYS seem to get the Football League and the FA mixed up? This is a Football League sanction. Also, they are not being harsh with Southampton. The rules with regard the deduction apply to all clubs.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Number 1 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:35 pm

Correct Marky, and their cheating by trying to have a loophole with the holding company didn't wash, when it was discovered that the holding company's sole business was that of the football club. Not surprisingly, Southampton refused to co operate any further when this was discovered, so bang go their points. Can see more going off too.

Plenty for Southampton to play for then. They don't want to begin next season on -10 so will be going all out in the remaining games even though they're going down. Strange scenario I would have thought.
Number 1

Postby sgt major » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:53 pm

I just hope no teams come down from League 1 with any points deductions therefore making ALL teams in League 2 to start playing from the first game and not thinking they are safe. Rotherham and Bornemouth have done it and Luton were near - let's go for it from the start.
sgt major

Return to General Discussion