O'carroll

O'carroll

Postby Pandashrimp » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:41 am

Offer the boy a new deal!!

Truth is not every game will suit the lad, but he really is the most intelligent player morecambe has had for a long time. His link up play is superb, his touch is amazing and when given a chance like rotherham he will finish! I personally rate him so highly, but that is personal opinion. I cannot see us holding on to Rene this summer, n we will need Dairmuid. As i said he will have 25% games that wont suit his style, for eg,Maccelsfield away was a horrible game for him, he does not compete physicslly or pace wise like a rene, he is far from direct but his intelligence and general link up is brilliant and along side a natural goalscorer O'Carroll could play a big role next year. Last season there were a few shrimpsvoices that were very unhappy with the sale of newby. I never rated the lad but if O'Carroll goes this summer i will see this as a MAJOR mistkate on behalf of the management and will be finding myself moaning in a similar (get rogan on) situation next year. PLEASE SAMMY GIVE O'CARROLL A CHANCE!
Pandashrimp

Re: O'carroll

Postby campdave » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:01 am

I think he's one of the best attackers we've had at the club for a long time.

I don't think he's an out and out striker, which I think gains him some criticism from the fans as they expect him to be in the box, were he seems to be more of a target man - his touch is superb and he seems very capable of playing the ball to the right person in space.
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:15 am

I would be delighted to see him given another seasons contract. For me he's better just behind the front man, more as an attacking midfield player in fact in the reserves he has played in that position numerous times and always impresses.

Unfortunately I can see him being one of the ones to go which for me would be wrong.

Blinks; Howe and Michael Howard (sad but can't see him being retained) are the most likely candidates with O'Carroll probably being on Sammy's hit list as well.

You've only got to look at who has been offered terms for next season to see that there will be little scope for new blood although a replacement for Howe and extra quality in the midfield and final third must be a priority.

We can't go through another season of having so many drawn games which have cost us dear this term. We need to be a lot more positive at home.....hence the need for more quality in the final third.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mazatec » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:34 pm

One has to completely disagree with you, he has no pace at all and runs round like a headlass chicken in my opinion hes is the first to go

He cannot hold a candle to Wayne or our other strikers, I feel he will be replaced by the silk men's striker,
Hows that for news
mazatec

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:36 pm

..and so starts the rumour mill!!!!!!!

:o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby marky » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:45 pm

Considering Curtis and McLachlan have been given new deals, one would hope O'Carroll would be!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby shrimper » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:53 pm

Depends what the lad is looking for and what Sammy's plans are for strikers for next season.

As for the 'silk men' striker??

Which one?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:17 pm

shrimper wrote:Depends what the lad is looking for and what Sammy's plans are for strikers for next season.

As for the 'silk men' striker??

Which one?

Gareth Evans ?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby james456 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:24 pm

Depends if Sammy is confident on bringing another striker in who is at least as good as Howe. Surely Blinkhorn will be released. He doesn't score goals or create them and he doesn't have half the skill O'Carroll does.

In the right conditions and when played with a strong striker who can finish (Howe), O'Carroll knows exactly what to do with the ball. His first touch and ball control is excellent. If he was fast, he'd be way too good for this league.

Release Blinkhorn and try to bring in someone good.
james456

Postby George Dawes » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:12 pm

Pandashrimp wrote:Offer the boy a new deal!!

Truth is not every game will suit the lad, but he really is the most intelligent player morecambe has had for a long time. His link up play is superb, his touch is amazing and when given a chance like rotherham he will finish! I personally rate him so highly, but that is personal opinion. I cannot see us holding on to Rene this summer, n we will need Dairmuid. As i said he will have 25% games that wont suit his style, for eg,Maccelsfield away was a horrible game for him, he does not compete physicslly or pace wise like a rene, he is far from direct but his intelligence and general link up is brilliant and along side a natural goalscorer O'Carroll could play a big role next year. Last season there were a few shrimpsvoices that were very unhappy with the sale of newby. I never rated the lad but if O'Carroll goes this summer i will see this as a MAJOR mistkate on behalf of the management and will be finding myself moaning in a similar (get rogan on) situation next year. PLEASE SAMMY GIVE O'CARROLL A CHANCE!

i couldn't agree more, and there's a good chance we could lose R Howe
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:48 pm

james456 wrote:Depends if Sammy is confident on bringing another striker in who is at least as good as Howe. Surely Blinkhorn will be released. He doesn't score goals or create them and he doesn't have half the skill O'Carroll does.

In the right conditions and when played with a strong striker who can finish (Howe), O'Carroll knows exactly what to do with the ball. His first touch and ball control is excellent. If he was fast, he'd be way too good for this league.

Release Blinkhorn and try to bring in someone good.

Talk to 'pool fans about Blinks and they all mention the dreaded words 'injury prone'....

We can't afford to carry him or Michael Howard (and it hurts to say this of Michael) for another season. Of the two Michael is the one I'd keep if Sammy was to take a gamble and he's a left sided defender.
Christies Child

Postby Pandashrimp » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:17 pm

mazatec wrote:One has to completely disagree with you, he has no pace at all and runs round like a headlass chicken in my opinion hes is the first to go

He cannot hold a candle to Wayne or our other strikers, I feel he will be replaced by the silk men's striker,
Hows that for news

Correct he does have no pace but not all strikers need pace. Luton's Gallen was immense the other week at our place. Wayne Curtis is not the player O'Carroll is but Wayne offers us strength, directness and alot of workrate which is a constant pain for defenders. As i said in my original post O'Carroll will not prosper in certain games, but when he does he shines through as he did on Tuesday. If we do get some more forward options, he may be more usefull off the bench as he was against Dag at home.

And Gareth Evans is another very good player. Wouldnt mind seeing him at Christie. Scores alot of penalties also.
Pandashrimp

Postby George Dawes » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:32 pm

plus+ D O'Carroll is still young, you could make him into a Midfielder
George Dawes

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:25 pm

I think O'carroll first otuch is amazing and he's really creative. Sammy should keep him especially of we lose Howe.
Little Shrimp

Postby poulton shrimp » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:41 pm

Danny Carlton was seen at Christie Park last night watching the reserves ?????????
poulton shrimp

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:43 pm

So was Lee Clarke, I hope we do not sign him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PUNKISDEAD

Postby james456 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:43 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:I think O'carroll first otuch is amazing and he's really creative. Sammy should keep him especially of we lose Howe.

I agree that we need to keep him if we lose Howe.

Howe will go and theres no way Blinkhorn will be given another contract.

That leaves us with:

Curtis - been given a new contract, fair play.
Taylor - not ready to become a first team regular.
Twiss - I think O'Carroll has played better than Twiss this season. They've played similar roles but imho, O'Carroll has shown more creativity and work rate.

Thats just my opinion and it confuses me when people say O'Carroll will be one of the first to go.
james456

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:47 pm

poulton shrimp wrote:Danny Carlton was seen at Christie Park last night watching the reserves ?????????

Wouldn't read too much into that. His girl friend I believe still lives in the town.

Is he still not available for Darlo?

With reported interest from Leeds (if true) I suspect that he has his ultimate sights set rather higher than us and being honest, I think we could do just as well if not better looking in other directions.
Christies Child

Postby Pandashrimp » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:56 pm

Christies Child wrote:
poulton shrimp wrote:Danny Carlton was seen at Christie Park last night watching the reserves ?????????

Wouldn't read too much into that. His girl friend I believe still lives in the town.

Is he still not available for Darlo?

With reported interest from Leeds (if true) I suspect that he has his ultimate sights set rather higher than us and being honest, I think we could do just as well if not better looking in other directions.

Darlo had to release all loan players. With him seemingly unwanted in cumbria it will mean he will have alot of time on his hands, hence him watching us probably.
Pandashrimp

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:43 pm

After last nights reserve game, I would say a long term punt on a couple of nippy and inventive forwards would be worth a shout, taylor has earned a fair crack of the whip as well in my opinion!!!
PUNKISDEAD

Postby HeyshamShrimper » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:03 pm

I agree with most people on this forum that he should be offered a new contract somtimes it makes me wonder why people like twiss start and he dosent to me he is a far better player against notts county i dident think twiss played to well at all and also he should be ahed of talyor and curtis.
HeyshamShrimper

Return to General Discussion