Lets just remember this!

Lets just remember this!

Postby Frobi » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:47 pm

This season has been our best season ever! ;)

I feel so lucky to be a Morecambe fan right now!

Even though it now looks like we won't be in the playoffs this season, for some reason, I actually don't care. I'm so unbelieveably happy at how well we've done this season, and honestly believe that next season can only get better!

Up the shrimps!!!
Frobi

Re: Lets just remember this!

Postby durhamshrimp » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:01 pm

3 points off with 2 games to go. It's still worth getting behind the team i reckon.
durhamshrimp

Postby Vinny » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:07 pm

durhamshrimp wrote:3 points off with 2 games to go. It's still worth getting behind the team i reckon.

Exacly! We're still in with a chance to sneak in the play-off spot. All to play for! Don't know who or why someone has posted our chance has gone on the official MFC site!! C'mon you Shrimps!!!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Keith » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:47 pm

Vinny wrote:
durhamshrimp wrote:We're still in with a chance to sneak in the play-off spot. All to play for! Don't know who or why someone has posted our chance has gone on the official MFC site!! C'mon you Shrimps!!!

Always worth getting behind the lads, no matter what!

As for the play offs, they have realistically ended even if mathematically still there. For us to reach the play offs...

We MUST win our remaining two matches
    AND Dagenham have to lose or draw to Notts County
    AND Shrewsbury have to lose or draw against Lincoln

AND Chesterfield have to pick up four points or less v Accrington & Bradford
    AND Dagenham v Shrewsbury has to end in a draw

Even a draw and a win from our remaining two games wouldn't be enough for us to make it.

It was fun while it lasted and it is building upon last season, so lots of positives to take forward to next season.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Howe Magic » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:55 pm

I think with brentford losing tonight it will make the exeter even harder if thats possible cos exeter can still be champions - i think a draw down there will be great result (just hope we get massive turn out for last game against bournemouth) maybe the club could make adults £10 for that one as a thank you just an idea
Howe Magic

Postby Jolly rog branch » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:17 pm

Its ok us coming on here after every game saying how proud we are to be Morecambe fans ( and we all are ) but the best possible way we can show Sammy, Mark, and the players that were really proud is whether the play offs are reachable or not lets make the Bournemouth game the game we show just how proud we are by singing all game as most do and getting right behind the lads and clapping every single one of them after the final whistle from my player of the season Barry Roach, our Influential Captain ( another great season ) Jim Bentley, Sammy Mark and all the players lets show them just how proud we are. WELL DONE LADS !!! WERE PROUD OF ALL OF YOU
Jolly rog branch

Postby Keith » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:30 pm

Totally agree, hope we get a great turn out against Bournemouth and we see this season out in style (then get very drunk in JB's after the game!)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby sgt major » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:37 am

Keith wrote:Totally agree, hope we get a great turn out against Bournemouth and we see this season out in style (then get very drunk in JB's after the game!)

Not forgetting Waynes Race Night later ;)
sgt major

Postby Gnasher » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:50 am

And presentation evening at the Carlton the following night :D
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby feelingguilty » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:08 pm

or the cup games against York and Oxford - massive teams and games for us at the time

or Marine - who actually beat us to the NPL title look at them now.

All shows just how much we should enjoy our current position as one day it could all change. I think we have the management team to make sure it doesnt.

I have been watching Morecambe nearly 30 years and two promotions and no relegations - not many clubs can say that.

Key is not to get complacent / expect too much, main objective is still to consolidate and while playoffs are a ralistic goal next season mid table would be another success.
feelingguilty

Postby thegentlegiant » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:35 pm

Keith wrote:Totally agree, hope we get a great turn out against Bournemouth and we see this season out in style (then get very drunk in JB's after the game!)

Drunk after the game seems like a great idea and what better way to celebrate a great season!!
thegentlegiant

Postby parceldave » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:40 pm

I just hope its going to be a nice sunny day as girlfriend is coming for the first time ( to a game ;) ) and , she 's not used to the cold where she comes from. :D
parceldave

Return to General Discussion