Congratulations Morecambe FC & thank you Sammy and Mark

Congratulations Morecambe FC & thank you Sammy and Mark

Postby abc123 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:22 am

Yes, I know we have three games to go but whatever happens we are going to finish on more points than we did last season, probably higher than last season which means we are making progress.

Today, I had reason to reflect on the play-off semi-final against Daggers in 2003, my kids were reminding me how I stood in the car wash end on crutches with my broken ankle and cried my eyes out at the end and (not only because they were non-weight bearing and it went to extra time) If someone had told me then about our exciting play offs v Hereford, our even more exciting play offs v York and our final glorious play off v Exeter at Wembley, a day I will NEVER forget if I live to be 100, I would have dismissed it as some happy fantasy, let alone the fact we would shortly be a league club!

I don't say much on here, I don't get to many away games but I've been following the Shrimps for 10 years now (yeah, I know it's nowt compared to some) but I can hand on heart say I am truely impressed and awed by the wonderful job and our management and board have done with our limited resources. I feel we are punching above our weight, but long may it continue!

ps good luck Jim Harvey, you may not have had your moment of glory but I always felt you played a huge part in our success via your signings and academy players.
abc123

Re: Congratulations Morecambe FC & thank you Sammy and Mark

Postby Andy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:29 am

Irrespective of what happens from here on, May I congratulate firstly the board of directors for running the club (in my eyes ) very successfully over the years,secondly Sammy and Mark for their hard work and endeavour for getting us this far, thirdly Edgey and the playing staff for their hard work in making our 2nd season in the league another one to remember.
Well done to all concerned with MFC

ps looking forward to next Novembers fixtures w/end of the 7th could be good for me lol

see the Dare to Dream thread ;)
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby Curly » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:05 am

abc123 wrote:Yes, I know we have three games to go but whatever happens we are going to finish on more points than we did last season, probably higher than last season which means we are making progress.

Today, I had reason to reflect on the play-off semi-final against Daggers in 2003, my kids were reminding me how I stood in the car wash end on crutches with my broken ankle and cried my eyes out at the end and (not only because they were non-weight bearing and it went to extra time) If someone had told me then about our exciting play offs v Hereford, our even more exciting play offs v York and our final glorious play off v Exeter at Wembley, a day I will NEVER forget if I live to be 100, I would have dismissed it as some happy fantasy, let alone the fact we would shortly be a league club!

I don't say much on here, I don't get to many away games but I've been following the Shrimps for 10 years now (yeah, I know it's nowt compared to some) but I can hand on heart say I am truely impressed and awed by the wonderful job and our management and board have done with our limited resources. I feel we are punching above our weight, but long may it continue!

ps good luck Jim Harvey, you may not have had your moment of glory but I always felt you played a huge part in our success via your signings and academy players.

Andy wrote:Irrespective of what happens from here on, May I congratulate firstly the board of directors for running the club (in my eyes ) very successfully over the years,secondly Sammy and Mark for their hard work and endeavour for getting us this far, thirdly Edgey and the playing staff for their hard work in making our 2nd season in the league another one to remember.
Well done to all concerned with MFC

ps looking forward to next Novembers fixtures w/end of the 7th could be good for me lol

see the Dare to Dream thread ;)

Well said guys.
Big Thanks from me too, to everyone involved in making saturday afts the highlight of my week.
Over the years, i've met some great people at MFC and have always felt welcome at "The Pie"
Put a bit of MFC in your life, you'll never regret it. ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Mark S » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:32 am

abc123 wrote:Yes, I know we have three games to go but whatever happens we are going to finish on more points than we did last season, probably higher than last season which means we are making progress.

Fantastic post that has made a great start to the day! :D

Agree with every sentiment
Mark S

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:33 am

With posts like that, it's a shame you don't type something more often! Agree with every word.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:47 am

And.............. US, the fans !!! :D
Crooky MFC

Return to General Discussion