exeter fans

exeter fans

Postby baldrick » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:06 pm

im going to exeter game next week but not wearing my top.
The fans i came across at wembley were lets just say not very nice.
its gonna be scary if 8000 exeter fans invade the pitch and stick the finger up like grimsby and hereford did. Hopefully plenty of stewards and police about.
baldrick

Re: exeter fans

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:43 pm

It's strange isn't it, how we all experience clubs fans in a different manner? I've never met a decent Chester fan, I've never met a nasty Exeter one. Even after Wembley, each one I spoke with were gracious even though some were close to tears. I've been down to Exeter twice and had a great time on both occasions, made very welcome in their social club.

Interestingly, my only face-to-face experience of Bradford fans was holding a bucket as part of Paul's collection. There were some VERY drunk lads but they were all friendly enough as well as dis-proving the 'Yarkshire: deep pockets, short arms' routine because I got more donations from folk that side of the Pennines than Lancashire!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby MikeB » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:25 pm

I'm a nice Exeter fan who lives in Heysham!!!
MikeB

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:58 pm

MikeB wrote:I'm a nice Exeter fan who lives in Heysham!!!

ill second that
let me know if you need anything for saturday mike and thanks for the kind words in programme monthly
Shrimpsscene

Postby sonny » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:29 pm

baldrick wrote:im going to exeter game next week but not wearing my top.
The fans i came across at wembley were lets just say not very nice.
its gonna be scary if 8000 exeter fans invade the pitch and stick the finger up like grimsby and hereford did. Hopefully plenty of stewards and police about.

Please wear your colours with pride,you'll get no trouble saturday most of the idots only come out when aldershot or bradford are in town. As for wembley belive me it's not a nice place to lose a game, so please don't judge us on that one game,were not a bad bunch of guys and gals really.

Sonny
sonny

Postby Mark S » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:44 pm

The only Exeter fan I know well is a top guy!

Went out of his way to help us on the 48 hr Challenge, stayed in touch for the whole of the season, met me outside Wembley and was the first to ring me after the match.

Kept in touch with him since and he even brought his family to meet mine when we went to Devon last summer.

I had the pleasure of being able to reciprocate and be the first to ring him when Exeter won the play offs last season. Top guy is Kirky!
Mark S

Return to General Discussion