Heysham 3 Bypass 1?

Heysham 3 Bypass 1?

Postby Keith » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:12 pm

Come on then, bypass approved (get building) just in time to give a positive boost to calls for Heysham 3.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/e ... 096306.ece

Don't know where your lovely MP stands on nuclear power but I hope she's 100% behind the building of the new power station at Heysham. Thousands of jobs and many millions of pounds being poured in to the local economy? The local area could be a boom town ten years from now.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Heysham 3 Bypass 1?

Postby Christies Child » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:16 pm

Was reported on Radio 4 a few days ago that the French owners of nuclear power stations in the Uk wanted to sell all the land on which their stations are placed other than a couple serving London.

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Gnasher » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:02 pm

The MBIs are against it, apparently it will spoil the view from one of their houses :roll:
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Crimson Crust » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:34 pm

Gnasher wrote:The MBIs are against it, apparently it will spoil the view from one of their houses :roll:

If it spoils their view from our/your lovely 'Morecambe Bay', can you blame him/her?
Crimson Crust

Postby Andy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:43 pm

Looks like Dungeness will get another, it's just been on local news tonight and reported that very few locals are against it........... apart from them very local Greanpeace people !!
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby Curly » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:35 pm

Andy wrote:Looks like Dungeness will get another, it's just been on local news tonight and reported that very few locals are against it........... apart from them very local Greanpeace people !!

I live right alongside the existing bypass and have no problem with it being linked to
motorway, I also work near Heysham port and can't see how building another power station right next to the existing one will spoil anyones views.
Theres a lot of industry up there already so its not going to change anything much.
Which ever power generation option you choose will have its critics, but we are a long way from every house producing its own power so power stations will have to be built somewhere.
The economic benefits to the area can't be ignored either.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Crimson Crust » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:51 pm

Curly wrote:
Andy wrote:Looks like Dungeness will get another, it's just been on local news tonight and reported that very few locals are against it........... apart from them very local Greanpeace people !!

I live right alongside the existing bypass and have no problem with it being linked to
motorway, I also work near Heysham port and can't see how building another power station right next to the existing one will spoil anyones views.
Theres a lot of industry up there already so its not going to change anything much.
Which ever power generation option you choose will have its critics, but we are a long way from every house producing its own power so power stations will have to be built somewhere.
The economic benefits to the area can't be ignored either.

A long way off because the Gov' has been dragging his feet for well over a decade.
The cost of storing and processing nuclear waste is nearly as much as 'Smiths' expenses
sheet! :mrgreen:
Crimson Crust

Postby Curly » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:19 am

Yeah, well thats the game isn't it?
Everyone knows, with an increasing population, you're always going to need more power,roads,
houses,industry,more of everything-with less space to keep it in, just do it slowly to prevent the country being completely tarmacked overnight, and quick enough to keep people in jobs and raise more taxes.
The bit about MPs expenses/salaries that always pisses me off is why we have to subsidise the 19 bars in the Commons, so MPs can get pissed on the cheap!!!
I don't earn 60K+ a year, but if I did, wouldn't ask people on lower earnings to "get my rounds in", THE CHEAPSKATE TWATS!!!
By the way, the only job you can get ratted all day and no one can complain about it, you're obviously "just tired and emotional" :!: :evil:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Gnasher » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:37 am

Crimson Crust wrote:
Gnasher wrote:The MBIs are against it, apparently it will spoil the view from one of their houses :roll:

If it spoils their view from our/your lovely 'Morecambe Bay', can you blame him/her?

Yes, I can blame him/her. Our council is there to encourage investment in our town and keep it alive. Personal issues should never cloud that vision. If they have personal issues, they should make them known, step down and keep their mouths shut - something I know at least one is incapable of doing.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Keith » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:17 am

Gnasher wrote:
Crimson Crust wrote:

Yes, I can blame him/her. Our council is there to encourage investment in our town and keep it alive. Personal issues should never cloud that vision. If they have personal issues, they should make them known, step down and keep their mouths shut - something I know at least one is incapable of doing.

I thought you were joking/being sarcastic! Are the MBI's really against it??? When they release their next manifesto, will they have an official policy of buying a load of shrimp boats and postcard presses to boost industry in the town? Living in the 1950's must be so nice for them, its just a shame they haven't noticed the town has moved on since then.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gnasher » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:21 am

Yes, I was joking and my last reply is based on a what-if scenario rather than reality.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Return to General Discussion