o / t Johnny Wild at Heaton Hall

o / t Johnny Wild at Heaton Hall

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:57 pm

Anyone planning to celebrate a birthday or anything else you might be celebrating in mid May
might be interested in a singer we've got at Heaton Hall at Scale Hall on Friday 15th May.

He's called Johnny Wild and sings all good 80s stuff - Undertones, Adam & Ants, Buzzcocks, Clash etc. and has played a lot for Everton Supprters Club, Man U SC, Bolton SC & Queen Of The South SC. He's become a bit of a lucky mascot & a cult ( I think that what he said anyway ! )

He's promised to become a Shrimps fan if we give him a gig here - so we have ! I've told some of the Thurs footy crew who seemed up for it, so if you fancy a good night out - it's free too.
SimplyRed MFC

Re: o / t Johnny Wild at Heaton Hall

Postby Pandalus Paddockus » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:17 pm

it's free too.

So it should be, I would rather pay to listen to an average band than watch a karaoke for free, you've let yourself go a bit since that fantastic Courtney Pine concert old lad :shock:
Pandalus Paddockus

Postby Weetabix Kid » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:26 pm

Is that what was the Farmhouse Tavern?
Weetabix Kid

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:36 pm

Ha, Courtney is class even if he is a Spurs fan ( Sorry Glen), seriously we are happy to help promote & present all kinds of artists from individual solo singers to top bands.

For example check out Texan guitarist Eugene Hideaway Bridges who is appearing at BluesWater this year and who plays guitar like BB King and with a voice like Sam Cooke.
Not surprising when he comes from the same Bullock family as his cousin, Tina Turner.

Johnny's set list appealled as you don't get many solo singers doing that 80s stuff and I thought he would be great fun for footy fans on a Friday night out. Check them both out !
SimplyRed MFC

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:40 pm

Weetabix Kid, yes it was.

The old sign is still up but should be coming down quite soon.
SimplyRed MFC

Postby Crimson Crust » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:08 am

[quote="SimplyRed MFC"]Anyone planning to celebrate a birthday or anything else you might be celebrating in mid May
might be interested in a singer we've got at Heaton Hall at Scale Hall on Friday 15th May.

Busy week! Play-offs and all that. :P
Crimson Crust

Return to General Discussion