MOTM today

MOTM today

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:50 pm

Had to be Danny Adams i thought he was solid throughout and read the game superbly. Not the greatest of games ref didn't help matters much but three more points towards say it quietly THE PLAY OFFS :D :D :D :D
Blackburn shrimp

Re: MOTM today

Postby outsider » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:59 pm

yep Danny for me as well.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Wigan Shrimp » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:02 pm

I`ll 3rd that..... excellent performance from Adams.
More than could be said for the Gary Hunter look-a-like with the whistle!
Wigan Shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:21 pm

Dave Artell just took MOTM for me with Danny Adams a close 2nd
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby slackAlice » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:55 pm

More than could be said for the Gary Hunter look-a-like with the whistle!

That would be Mr S[illy] Bratt from the West Midlands, currently in his 3rd season. 3 being apt as he disallowed 3 Morecambe goals today.
Which had me thinking I wonder what the record is for disallowed goals in one game. 3 cheers for Mr Bratt ..... well maybe not !
slackAlice

Postby northstandshrimp2009 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:01 pm

i fully agree with blackburn shrimp.I thought that Danny Adams was M.O.T.M.But the Refereee was absolutley diabolical there was nothing wrong with our 2 goals that he disallowed .i was sood right behind that goal .Think weve got a chance of the Play offs?
northstandshrimp2009

Postby Shrimpman » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:05 pm

thought the ref was Lee Evans.
Maybe Lee Evans would do a better job :lol:
Shrimpman

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:13 pm

Danny Adams is Mr Ultra Consistent. He very rarely puts a foot wrong, he is strong, reads the game really well and his passes, 99.00% of the time go straight to another Morecambe player. If he was 6 inches taller and a true athlete he would be playing in the Premier League. As it is it's our good fortune that he's not and he's playing with us in Div 2.

Not surprised Sammy has already signed him up for another year.

The ref today was very finnicky. Maybe Brain did get a nudge when the first flew in off his fist but the second was a group of players all going for the ball and was 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. A lot of refs would have let that stand and put it down to the goal mouth skirmishes which take place at regular intervals.

Anyway we got it in the end!!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:19 pm

If I could be bothered I'd dig out the threads at the start of the season (I leave that sort of thing to MarkS), in which Danny's ability and stamina were being questioned. Some even wanted Michael Howard (who has not played regularly for the best part of two seasons) to come back in his place. Back then it was clear to me that Danny Adams deserved more respect, and how he has proved that of late. Fully deserving of his one year contract extension. The Howard groupies have been quite of late, not surprising really.

Form is temporary, class is permanent. Danny Adams, football genius.

(I wonder how long it will take for Christies Child to come on here and refer to him as 'Iron Man'.......it will never catch on CC as it's a crap nickname that you've given him :D ).
RedRedWine1

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:25 pm

I had always thought that DA was known as the "Grim Reaper" for obvious reasons. :twisted:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Return to General Discussion