Michael Twiss

Michael Twiss

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:59 pm

Christ, this brings back some memories, thanks to whoever posted this on Youtube. Remember the goal at Cambridge ;) He just doesn't seem to get in these positions anymore, running at defenders at pace etc etc. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uleLjX56 ... re=channel
Crooky MFC

Re: Michael Twiss

Postby Christies Child » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:48 am

Memories....memories!

BUT correct me if I'm wrong, are these not from the days in the Conference when marking wasn't as tight as now and there was more space?

Also, Michael has had a bad 18 months off the field and time has caught up with him speed wise.

He can still pack a punch though..given the opportunity....and the encouragement from the fans.
Last edited by Christies Child on Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:00 am

Brilliant memories looking at them.

Twissy isn't getting any younger and maybe doesn't have that extra half a yard of pace he used to. Combine that with the fact that the defending in general in the FL is sharper than the Conf' and it tends to reduce his opportunities to get a strike in on goal.

Wouldn't today be a great time to see a bit of that Twiss magic again? Big game which if we win will keep that little glimmer of a flying finish to the season alive!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:17 am

id play him on the left, great crosser of the ball, with Duffy/Wainwright out on the right, id like Morecambe to get more crosses in across the goal mouth

then you would see somebody like R Howe on 20+ goals a season
George Dawes

Postby Castaway » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:44 am

Does anyone have footage of his goal against Hull?

Belter.
Castaway

Postby Christies Child » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:04 am

DawZi wrote:id play him on the left, great crosser of the ball, with Duffy/Wainwright out on the right, id like Morecambe to get more crosses in across the goal mouth

For me, Michael's best performances this season have been when he's been playing as a striker just behind Rene. I feel he's wasted on the wing.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:19 am

He uses his right foot on two of them :o :o :o :o :o :o !!!!!! His goal against York when he took it round two players and finished from a tight angle was the first Morecambe goal I saw.
Little Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:24 am

Christies Child wrote:
DawZi wrote:id play him on the left, great crosser of the ball, with Duffy/Wainwright out on the right, id like Morecambe to get more crosses in across the goal mouth

For me, Michael's best performances this season have been when he's been playing as a striker just behind Rene. I feel he's wasted on the wing.

id rather us sign a left-sided player, but until then id play Twiss there, Wainwright comes inside to much on his favoured "RIGHT" foot, and looses advantage with a early left-wing cross, and makes it way to easy for opposition defenders and keepers
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:33 am

Christies Child wrote:BUT correct me if I'm wrong, are these not from the days in the Conference when marking wasn't as tight as now and there was more space?

Corrected... :D Edit: Link removed after Rene's Goal Video was removed.

The only way he'd have got more space would be if their lads had gone and sat in the tunnel! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with you of course, I just couldn't resist! :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ezz » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:20 am

Great video, it's almost like Riise, never scores a bad goal. The two lobs and his first time piledriver that swerves into the far corner were simply brilliant. Also agree that his shooting ability should warrant him a place just behind Howe, with Howe's strength and pace it should release some space for twiss to shoot.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Posh » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:40 pm

The goal at home to Kidderminister is just stunning. The only way to score from an angle like that is to absolutely twat it when the keeper isn't expecting it, and I don't think I've ever seen such power on a shot. One of the best goals ever at the Crusty Pie.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby ezz » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:58 pm

Posh wrote:The goal at home to Kidderminister is just stunning. The only way to score from an angle like that is to absolutely twat it when the keeper isn't expecting it, and I don't think I've ever seen such power on a shot. One of the best goals ever at the Crusty Pie.

He scored a similar one against Stanley on the run which just hit the roof of the net near post, keeper didnt even see it. Fans only cheered because the net got sent into outer space :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Return to General Discussion