O/T Motorway Driving Instructor

O/T Motorway Driving Instructor

Postby Castaway » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:44 pm

My sister has been driving for a number of years (7-8 maybe) but never really advanced to doing much motorway driving. Could anyone recommend a local instructor that could help her re-learn?
Castaway

Re: O/T Motorway Driving Instructor

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:13 pm

Why not get in touch with the local Institute of Advanced Motorists? They'll support her in re-learning about motorway driving, polish up her general driving skills and after the test, she'll be eligible for cheaper insurance.
http://www.iam.org.uk/

The local advanced motorcyclist group can be contacted via http://www.mbeam.org.uk/ I'm sure they can tell you how to get in touch with the car group. Oh, and they have a rather snazzy photo of a local star on their web page! :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:06 am

Castaway wrote:My sister has been driving for a number of years (7-8 maybe) but never really advanced to doing much motorway driving. Could anyone recommend a local instructor that could help her re-learn?

Bring her along to Macclesfield tomorrow and I will give her a lesson on the drive down! :lol:
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby CASS » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:32 am

Castaway wrote:My sister has been driving for a number of years (7-8 maybe) but never really advanced to doing much motorway driving. Could anyone recommend a local instructor that could help her re-learn?

I had a similar problem with the Catering Manager,poor girl had bowel moving incident many years ago and refused to drive on the superslab again. Until "Her little girl" left home for Uni.
All of a sudden a great desire came over her to zoom down to see her with boring regularity.
To get her back in the frame I sat in with her and we drove from Crooklands to Tebay and back
a couple of times. This is a quiet stretch and it gave her the confidence to try going South.
I don't think she would drive If I where around but she does ok. May be worth a try.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:37 am

Lorna's Driving School, also a supporter of the MFC Bus. You can contact Lorna on 01524831033. :D
thegentlegiant

Postby i-love-mfc » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:42 am

Wild Bill wrote:

Bring her along to Macclesfield tomorrow and I will give her a lesson on the drive down! :lol:

Thats a good idea Will but she probaly doesnt have a death wish! :D
i-love-mfc

Return to General Discussion