Liverpool

Liverpool

Postby Andy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:20 pm

I didn't see the game, ( I refuse to pay extortionet prices) but what the f*ck happened there ?
Now I know Utd only drew but !!!!!! normally I hate the London clubs but boy am I gonna have a good day at work :lol: :lol: :lol:

ps
If Scouse win it now I'll ask Fayed if I can show my arse in Harrods :lol:
Back on the spanners
Andy

Re: Liverpool

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:02 am

3-1 to Chelsea at Anfield :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Little Shrimp

Postby Weetabix Kid » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:40 am

easy answer : Zonal marking is crap!
Weetabix Kid

Postby Posh » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:20 pm

I was at Anfield (client freebie) and, daft as it sounds, it was a simple case of scoring too early. The atmosphere was classic Anfield European night with everyone expecting a massive battle with few, if any, goals.

Instead Liverpool came out of the blocks firing and got the goal in 6 minutes. After that the crowd went quiet thinking that was easy errr what do we do know. Whereas Chelsea, led by Ballack who was immense, just started pumping themselves and shouting at each other to get themselves back in the game. After that all the momentum was with Chelsea.

The zonal marking let Liverpool down dreadfully but the two full backs were poor and Lucas was simply abysmal. No one was willing to pick the game up (perhaps Alonso aside).

Great result for Chelsea and thoroughly deserved. I clapped them off the pitch.

With five minutes left I was thinking of Bradford on Friday.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Crooky MFC » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:39 pm

Gerrard was marked out of the game by Essien, meaning that Torres couldn't recieve the service which has brought him so many goals.
Crooky MFC

Postby Aal » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:43 pm

Funny how an early goal often works against a side. I guess mentally the Reds were looking for a 1-0 before kick off, and when they went up so soon they didn't know whether to defend the lead or carry on attacking and do a 'Barcelona'.

They didn't want to risk a 1-1 so sat back and hoped to win the game.

Plan backfired and it sounds like Hiddink out thought Benitez.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby ezz » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:11 pm

Posh wrote:I was at Anfield (client freebie) and, daft as it sounds, it was a simple case of scoring too early. The atmosphere was classic Anfield European night with everyone expecting a massive battle with few, if any, goals.

Instead Liverpool came out of the blocks firing and got the goal in 6 minutes. After that the crowd went quiet thinking that was easy errr what do we do know. Whereas Chelsea, led by Ballack who was immense, just started pumping themselves and shouting at each other to get themselves back in the game. After that all the momentum was with Chelsea.

The zonal marking let Liverpool down dreadfully but the two full backs were poor and Lucas was simply abysmal. No one was willing to pick the game up (perhaps Alonso aside).

I disagree, as a Liverpool fan he has been the scapegoat for many this season but last night he did what was asked of him with very few mistakes. He sat infront of the defense kept the ball moving and did the simple things well. Gerrard even though was playing just behind torres was way too far forward for most of the game. Zonal marking like man marking still boils down to human error, and also when a certain cross comes in sometimes it just ends up at the perfect height for the attacker and perfect height to just get past the defender. Also agree about scoring too early, but the scary thing was Liverpool didnt seem to worry about conceeding an away goal until it was too late.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Lil Shrimp » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:24 pm

thank god liverpool lost
im not a man u fan or a chelsea fan i just really hate liverpool :D :D :D :D :D
Lil Shrimp

Postby John L » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:12 am

Lil Shrimp wrote:thank god liverpool lost

Why?
GED ARMY!
John L

Postby Bare Ben » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:19 am

Lil Shrimp wrote:thank god liverpool lost

W Image
Bare Ben

Postby Joe Oh » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:09 pm

Posh wrote:I was at Anfield (client freebie) and, daft as it sounds, it was a simple case of scoring too early. The atmosphere was classic Anfield European night with everyone expecting a massive battle with few, if any, goals.

Totally agree with this. I was there on the cheap through work as well. Liverpool completely sat back after the goal and Chelsea's superior organisation and drive led to the win. Drogba caused loads of problems despite missing a few sitters, Essien had Gerrard completely out of the game.

Maybe Liverpool were a bit tired or something. So many of the players who are usually solid had bad games. Alsonso miss hit loads of passes and Arbeloa was appalling, he actually crossed it into his own box at one point and Drogba picked it up and almost created a goal.

Atmosphere was great at the start but completely disappeared after Chelsea's goal (aside from the token rendition of "You'll Never Walk Alone" at the end). "Where's your famous atmosphere" was the main chant from the Chelsea fans.
Joe Oh

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:21 am

My mate put £5 on Chelsea v Liverpool to draw 4.4 @ 500/1 :shock:

So how many drinks does he owe me? Doh!! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Curly » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:02 pm

I wondered what the odds were on 4-4,
500-1 eh?
Well done to your mate, £2500, Sweet!
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:51 pm

Curly wrote:I wondered what the odds were on 4-4,
500-1 eh?
Well done to your mate, £2500, Sweet!

He normally picks out maybe 10 games on a Saturday for a 3.3 and sticks a couple of quid on each. The odds are usually about 66/1.

Because of 3.1 in the first leg and the obvious need for goals he went for 3.3 and 4.4 on Tuesday.

Although it's nice to have a good win now and again these large scoring draws don't happen very often so there are a lot of losers inbetween.

I'll stick to my 2/1 's ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion