O/T THE PRICE OF A PIE

O/T THE PRICE OF A PIE

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:15 pm

A local pie baron was on radio two today bleating about the credit crunch, it was on the jeremy vine show, he was saying builders are taking pack lunches to work and he was feeling the pinch!!!

His pies are the dearest pies in town, his answer to the credit crunch is to give away a free cake with a steak and ale pie that sells at nearly three quid!!!

One of the pie barons shops has changed hands, the one in bare, and the cost has tumbled and the pies are nice!!

Let them eat cake never did marie antoinette any favours!! :oops:
PUNKISDEAD

Re: O/T THE PRICE OF A PIE

Postby Crimson Crust » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:22 pm

Must say, very reasonable at 'The Pie Shop' in Bare.

Good value and new flaves too!
Crimson Crust

Postby -Hatrick- » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:15 am

I guess you could say you can have your cake and eat it. ;)
-Hatrick-

Postby the stowford press » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:34 am

for those watching the pennies,old mrs stowford,god bless her,used to buy a large aldi mince n onion family pie and put a piece in my lunchbox each day,any gristle found went to the family pet,we used to have the streets only carnivorous budgie,till it had a heart attack!anyone needing costsaving advice in these lean-times can post questions which i will only be too happy to answer
the stowford press

Postby SirFredGoodwin » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:27 pm

the stowford press wrote:for those watching the pennies,old mrs stowford,god bless her,used to buy a large aldi mince n onion family pie and put a piece in my lunchbox each day,any gristle found went to the family pet,we used to have the streets only carnivorous budgie,till it had a heart attack!anyone needing costsaving advice in these lean-times can post questions which i will only be too happy to answer

As a pensioner nowadays, I would be glad to receive any money saving tips you can offer,
especially any pertaining to saving money on window repairs/glazing and car repairs, as I don't seem to be having much luck at the moment.
If I came to a game at Christie Park, would there be adequate safe parking for a Mercedes S600 saloon?
Dear Lord Myners,
Leave the Chairman of the Group remuneration commitee and my windows alone!!!
SirFredGoodwin

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:01 pm

SirFredGoodwin wrote:If I came to a game at Christie Park, would there be adequate safe parking for a Mercedes S600 saloon?

Too late there is already one there
merc600.jpg
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion