Man with loud voice in Main Stand

Man with loud voice in Main Stand

Postby Aal » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:47 pm

I had the misfortune to be stood in the paddock near the Away dugout after HT, and have to say my concentration on the game was somewhat disturbed by 'the man with the loud voice' He seemed to be overtly abusive towards officials and Mick Harford ( who prowled around the dug out area like a caged lion!!!).
The steward sat in front of him in the Main Stand appeared to do nothing. Luckily I was able to move further down the Paddock to get away from his tirade, but I felt sorry for the kids sat near said fella.
As has been stated on here before that area of the Main Stand is the 'Family Area'.
:roll:
Glad I didn't take my lad in there.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Re: Man with loud voice in Main Stand

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:07 pm

The shouty man gives alot of people in the main stand cause for great amusement with his ridiculous obsession with the away managers staying within their technical area, and his paranoid view that all the match officials are on the other teams side!!
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Bls Shrimp » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:12 pm

I heard him from the North Stand for the first time yesterday... "MOOOOOREEEEECAMBE" :shock:
Bls Shrimp

Postby james456 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:32 pm

He's awesome!

And he doesn't shout anything obscene (usually) so wheres the harm?
james456

Postby Aal » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:43 pm

No harm usually but he most certainly WAS abusive yest and in the 'family area'

Kids DO copy what they hear...believe you me.
Aal

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:50 pm

The guy who amuses us all in the stand is never abusive. Load...yes. Encouraging...yes.

Must have been somebody else....unless you are referring to the often shouted 'SIT DOWN'....in which case it could have been any of a dozen!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:14 pm

I know of him too, i used to stand near him until the amusement wore fin so I moved away from him, don’t get me wrong its funny for a short while but after putting up with it game in game out it certainly start to pi** you off...
thegentlegiant

Postby fretz » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:22 pm

the loud guy is trying to drum up some support often lacking in the main stand ,and as usual,was not abusive,others copy him and join the banter,the morecambe steward does keep him in check from time to time but he isnt abusive,the steward repremanded 2 people further down from him,when they certainly were abusive and reminded of where they were and the type of people sitting nearby.,this is what the chap in the paddock heard in the 2nd half.
fretz

Postby Aal » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:40 pm

Thanks for that. I'm all for people encouraging the team vocally but there is a line that must not be stepped over in the family area.
Aal

Postby Star08 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:23 pm

He always makes me smile... the first time I heard him was when I was in the carwash stand during the very foggy game that was called off before the end (rubbish memory, can't remember who we were playing)...this disembodied voice, like a fog horn, kept drifting across the pitch through the mist...wish I could get to that volume tho I often wonder if he has a sore throat at the end of the match :? I imagine it can be frustrating sitting near him tho I appreciate his commitment
'What the hell'..its always the right decision

When you realise we are all mad life starts to make sense
Star08

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:30 pm

Star08 wrote: during the very foggy game that was called off before the end (rubbish memory, can't remember who we were playing

Twas the FA Cup, their name escapes me but it is more well known for horseracing than having a football team - it looks like they will be back next season
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:35 pm

I dont know if anyone else has noticed but booming voice man roars his moooooorecaaambe mantra everytime the visiting manager tries to shout instructions to his players, could this guy perhaps be a secret tactic employed by Sammy? im just glad i dont sit next to him :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blackburn shrimp

Postby Star08 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:37 pm

Damn, Sammy's secret weapon revealed...hope visitors don't notice ;)
'What the hell'..its always the right decision

When you realise we are all mad life starts to make sense
Star08

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:42 pm

Perhaps at the new stadium we can build you a bubble to sit in if you prefer?
RedRedWine1

Postby ezz » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:53 pm

I heard him yesterday though he sounded more high pitched, maybe his voice was going. Poor guy must go through throats soothers like penny sweets
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:02 pm

I too have can him from the far end of the north stand does he travel because I havent heard him at any away games
heysham_mfc

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:23 pm

People are getting slightly confused and others are preferring to allow them to be confused.

There are two people in the main stand who have loud voices, that are being discussed here, one that shouts Mooooorrrreecaaammmbbeeee, and only that. He does travel away, occasionally. He travelled with us to Accrington. Although he was hiding under an umbrella at the time ;)

Then there's the one who persistently shouts through the game, he can get rather agitated, and he is well known.
He is not shy and will berate any player/official he sees fit.

So much so that in the past there have been arguments between he and his fellow fans, because he was loudly criticising the players during a match.

Some of you will remember the incident because you had a go at the lad for upsetting him, before you knew all the facts.
morecambe mick

Postby DTSJim » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:15 am

marky No.1 wrote:
Star08 wrote: during the very foggy game that was called off before the end (rubbish memory, can't remember who we were playing

Twas the FA Cup, their name escapes me but it is more well known for horseracing than having a football team - it looks like they will be back next season

It was Cheltenham wasn't it?
DTSJim

Postby John L » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:07 am

morecambe mick wrote:There are two people in the main stand who have loud voices, that are being discussed here, one that shouts Mooooorrrreecaaammmbbeeee, and only that. He does travel away, occasionally. He travelled with us to Accrington. Although he was hiding under an umbrella at the time ;)

Was that to achieve better acoustics? :lol:
John L

Postby morecammouth » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:04 pm

:D :D Good to see that I've generated some positive comments. If my shouting offends anyone then I can only apologise for showing passion and support. I am trying to generate noise support from the main stand and I must confess that I am biased because MOOOOORECAMBE are my team. I am not abusive or offensive apart from the fact that you won't turn my volume down if you want that then stay at home and use your remote.

I only shout to support and also to try and get to the away managers my intention is to stop or hinder messages getting to their team.

Happy supporting :o :o :o 'MOOOOOOOOORECAMBE!!!!@' :lol: :lol:
morecammouth

Postby shrimper » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:12 pm

I can't speak for anyone else but I think you're hilarious and - as I've never personally heard you utter any abusive language - a welcome voice (and what a voice).

I did wonder about the wisdon of having a go at Mick Harford though - he may have mellowed but I remember someone once describing him as the most feared (in terms of 'hard-men') man in football.

And that came from Vinnie Jones - not joking!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:26 pm

shrimper wrote:I did wonder about the wisdon of having a go at Mick Harford though - he may have mellowed but I remember someone once describing him as the most feared (in terms of 'hard-men') man in football.

We thought the lights had gone out when he walked passed the table in J.B.'s

Hightower springs to mind
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby morecambe TID » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:37 pm

i think he's great heard him at least 5 or 6 times on saturday always makes me laugh and i think it's great that he's in the main stand (usually they're so quiet) well done and carry on :D :lol:
also known as kirsty =)
morecambe TID

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:39 pm

morecambe TID wrote:i think he's great heard him at least 5 or 6 times on saturday always makes me laugh and i think it's great that he's in the main stand (usually they're so quiet) well done and carry on :D :lol:

:o :o :o
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby morecambe TID » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:42 pm

Christies Child wrote:
morecambe TID wrote:i think he's great heard him at least 5 or 6 times on saturday always makes me laugh and i think it's great that he's in the main stand (usually they're so quiet) well done and carry on :D :lol:

:o :o :o

lol no offense to the main standers 1 question are you going to sing when bradford come next friday ? ;)
also known as kirsty =)
morecambe TID

Next

Return to General Discussion