Chester in bottom 2

Chester in bottom 2

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:28 pm

oh happy days ;)
heysham_mfc

Re: Chester in botton 2

Postby Number 1 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:44 pm

I know why people hate Chester but surely as it's a fairly near away game, we should want them to stay up?
Number 1

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:55 pm

That, and its 6 easy points 8-)
RedRedWine1

Postby james456 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:37 pm

I dont like them because they are a physical team whose players are constantly fouling us when we play them. They have ammased a hell of a lot of yellow cards so far this season.
james456

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:02 pm

Number 1 wrote:I know why people hate Chester but surely as it's a fairly near away game, we should want them to stay up?

All the time they have Vaughen & Wright involved, in whatever capacity, I can only wish for them to keep sinking. Two horrible little thugs who deserve only failure. I hope Barrow stay up so they can play Chester next season, I wonder if Vaughen will dare show his face there? I wonder if the Barrow fans will be singing "we told you so"?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sam » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:50 pm

I'll miss beating them, but I won't miss visiting their shit, overpriced, soulless legoland ground!
Sam

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:47 pm

Number 1 wrote:I know why people hate Chester but surely as it's a fairly near away game, we should want them to stay up?

agreed , its one of our nearer away trips so it would be better for a team like Grimby or Bournemouth to go down with Luton
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:52 pm

as one of the very few who went to both Chester away and Grimsby away this season, I can assure you I enjoyed the experience at Grimsby far more than the trip to Chester. Although I suppose being one of only 23 to see *THAT* goal helped!

Actually, now I think about it, I've made a habit of going to odd places this season, managing Wycombe and Luton too :shock: :? 8-) 8-) 8-)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:55 pm

Keith wrote:as one of the very few who went to both Chester away and Grimsby away this season, I can assure you I enjoyed the experience at Grimsby far more than the trip to Chester. Although I suppose being one of only 23 to see *THAT* goal helped!

Actually, now I think about it, I've made a habit of going to odd places this season, managing Wycombe and Luton too :shock: :? 8-) 8-) 8-)

23 to Grimsby

600 to Chester last season and a good turnout this season.

12 points out of 12 in the league.

Stay up Chester !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby outsider » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:57 pm

but Grimsby was a Tuesday night ( i think) Chester was a Friday night, there is a difference, Been to both and wont miss either
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby steve mfc » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:17 pm

Personally i don't want Chester to go down, i agree with the opinions expressed about the ownership and management of Chester, however i feel its better for us if they stay up likewise i don't want Bury, Rochdale or Bradford to get promoted.

The more northern teams in this league the better, more away supporters at Christie park, greater income, better atmosphere, bit more of an edge to games, also we take more support to these away games than ones based down south, so that can only help the team.
steve mfc

Re: Chester in bottom 2

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:20 pm

looks like all southern teams coming down from leauge 1 though :?
heysham_mfc

Postby ezz » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:13 pm

Always thought if Chester dropped into the relegation zone they wern't ever getting back out
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:19 pm

All the time they have Vaughen & Wright involved, in whatever capacity, I can only wish for them to keep sinking. Two horrible little thugs who deserve only failure. I hope Barrow stay up so they can play Chester next season, I wonder if Vaughen will dare show his face there? I wonder if the Barrow fans will be singing "we told you so"?[/quote]

Me to keith would love to see it happen and for barrow to win. Barrow won yesterday as well and I think if they can just get a couple of more points to jump Weymouth then Weymouth should save them as can't see them getting another win for the rest of the season.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Curly » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:11 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:oh happy days ;)

Dontcha just love it!!!!!!

NO, Full Stop
Southports even nearer, but you wouldn't want them polluting league 2, would you?

Sam wrote:I'll miss beating them, but I won't miss visiting their shit, overpriced, soulless legoland ground!

Couldn't agree more, you should get a knighthood!

P/T Indie wrote:All the time they have Vaughen & Wright involved, in whatever capacity, I can only wish for them to keep sinking. Two horrible little thugs who deserve only failure. I hope Barrow stay up so they can play Chester next season, I wonder if Vaughen will dare show his face there? I wonder if the Barrow fans will be singing "we told you so"?

Me to keith would love to see it happen and for barrow to win. Barrow won yesterday as well and I think if they can just get a couple of more points to jump Weymouth then Weymouth should save them as can't see them getting another win for the rest of the season.[/quote]

Thats three of us!!!!!
:twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby matty » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:22 pm

Get Vaughan out of football, get Wright out of football, keep Chester. They are (in the majority) really good bunch of people who where a little unfortunate to have been hijacked by a mad american and then promptly jumped in to bed with the devil in disguise.

Real football fans deserve better.
Its all in the hips.
matty

Postby Aspers » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:42 pm

I agree with you Matty, I also have a fondness for the Welsh 8-)
Aspers

Postby Curly » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:43 pm

We've discussed this before mate, and you've obviously met the right fans, but I've only ever met the big headed "we're a big club you know" and the others who treat you like scum when you go there. I always remember getting a glass bottle thrown at me walking home down Morecambe Rd by five really brave Chester fans in a car going home.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:18 pm

Rather Grimsby go down because they knocked us out of the johnstones paint trophy northen area final. Also, we seem to find it hard against Grimsby but we always do well against Chester.
Little Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:59 pm

hope they go down then we draw em in the FA cup then we can see who realy is the bigger club
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimper » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:18 pm

... but we hope Chester can notch just two more wins before the end of the season.

This Saturday and the last game of the season would be good.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:49 pm

This sounds more like a BURP than a hiccup :lol:

http://www.chesterstandard.co.uk/cheste ... 5113630.jp
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Gnasher » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:03 pm

What makes me laugh are all the comments about development potential for the ground. A dead end on an out-of-town industrial estate is hardly likely to have customers flocking to it, whatever they develop.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby james456 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:22 pm

Gnasher wrote:What makes me laugh are all the comments about development potential for the ground. A dead end on an out-of-town industrial estate is hardly likely to have customers flocking to it, whatever they develop.

Agreed. Why have another Darlington arena?
james456

Postby Posh » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:44 pm

james456 wrote:
Gnasher wrote:What makes me laugh are all the comments about development potential for the ground. A dead end on an out-of-town industrial estate is hardly likely to have customers flocking to it, whatever they develop.

Agreed. Why have another Darlington arena?

Unless I'm missing something it doesn't make any sense for anyone to buy Chester City FC. The land and the stadium are both owned by Chester City Council, so how do you develop something you don't own unless you've got a very very long-term lease, which as far as I can see they dont'.

The club itself is £5 million in debt. So why would anyone buy a football club and then take on that kind of unsecured level of debt? Unless Vaughan writes it off, which I can't see he can afford to.

Finally it is terribly located so the things we're discussing like a hotel, fast food outlets, etc, would have little chance at the arse end of an industrial estate than they would have on a main thoroughfare like Westgate.

If anything the best deal would be to buy Chester City for a £1. Then talk to the accountants about putting into administration, buy it back a la Leeds or Leicester for 5p in the pound or a more manageable debt of £250,000. Accept the points deduction and begin again in the Conference. Then sell the debt to the supporters in exchange for shares in the club, and involvement in the club going forward.

The chances of that happening are next to nil and the merry-go-round will continue for a lot longer.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Next

Return to General Discussion