Bradford to get wet

Re: Bradford to get wet

Postby firthy_SexGod » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:02 pm

james456 wrote:
firthy_SexGod wrote:Does anyone know how many tickets we've been allocated then..or what?
It would help if either club would let the fans know.
Do we have the official away aswell or????

Confused.com

You have...
the usual away end - the Umbro stand which holds 1200 and is behind the goals
Part of the main stand (seated) - I think a few hundred seats are allocated to you. This stand is down the side of the pitch.
And the car wash terrace which is a small, uncovered terracing opposite the main stand. I'd imagine it holds a few hundred.

Not sure about overall ticket allocation. I imagine more details will be available nearer the time.

Cheers fella.
Judging by that, it sounds like we've been issued around the 1,600 - 2,000 mark which we will fill if we pick up our form.

I know we've sold out the first allocation of which where the few hundred seats within the main stand.
firthy_SexGod

Postby Christies Child » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:03 pm

Can understand the frustration of some about this BUT we are talking about ONE game only.

I assume that Bradford will be given tickets for the CW. It might just be that on the eve of the game that Bradford have only sold a fraction of their allocation which MIGHT enable the police to be consulted to allow normal CW supporters to make use of at least a section of their favoured area. Just a thought!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby CASS » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:15 pm

Ridiculous ...I hope all these folk who are being chucked out of the car wash are not going to stand where we stand in the north stand. :x I mean, it's just not on is it. Invading our space just because the Polis and the club have made the correct decision from a number of angles.
But there again a quick blast on the Hunting Horn usually gets me plenty of space :twisted:
I don't know how "Satler and Waldolf" (or bigot 1 and bigot 2 as my chum calls them) who normally stand behind us will take the news that we are to be joined by others,can't wait to listen in. :D
On another note,the club should make the North stand all ticket for this match,using a bit of reverse psychology on the infrequent fan,as they would be thinking Wow this must be a big match !! better get a ticket. And to be honest there is not a lot else to do on Good Friday unless
you are a church person.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby BLS BOY » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:19 pm

Why make it all ticket cass?

There's still only going to be about 2000 reds anyway!
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby CASS » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:27 pm

CASS wrote:Ridiculous ...I hope all these folk who are being chucked out of the car wash are not going to stand where we stand in the north stand. :x I mean, it's just not on is it. Invading our space just because the Polis and the club have made the correct decision from a number of angles.
But there again a quick blast on the Hunting Horn usually gets me plenty of space :twisted:
I don't know how "Satler and Waldolf" (or bigot 1 and bigot 2 as my chum calls them) who normally stand behind us will take the news that we are to be joined by others,can't wait to listen in. :D
On another note,the club should make the North stand all ticket for this match,using a bit of reverse psychology on the infrequent fan,as they would be thinking Wow this must be a big match !! better get a ticket. And to be honest there is not a lot else to do on Good Friday unless
you are a church person.

The bit I have Hi lighted in red is a tool to entice more than 2000 reds,all regulars would be there
but a few others might just think Hmmmmmmm Lets go.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby John L » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:32 pm

firthy_SexGod wrote:
John L wrote:They'll be full of themselves on hearing the news. It won't be long before the usual idiots come gloating on here! It better bloody had rain as well, a torrential April shower to end all! :twisted: :lol:

We'll be full of ourselves? - Can I ask why? It's hardly anything to brag about is it, unless you know something we don't?

I'm anticipating the usual invasion of gobshites that we usually get from your fanbase. As you've previously distanced yourself from these children, you've nothing to be concerned about.
Wishing upon a mass downpour just because you've thrown your dummy outa't pram is pathetic.

Assuming you have a bit of common sense about you, you'll make sure you buy a ticket for one of the covered areas allocated, leaving the open section for the aforementioned brats who want to take advantage of the normally home section that's been thrown at them, thinking they've taken over our ground. If you want pathetic, pal, just go back to your own message board and read through the comments directed at our club over the last couple of seasons as if you were one of us, then you might start to understand why we've gone off you lot!
John L

Postby Gnasher » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:16 pm

I thought the away end was just over 900, not 1200.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby james456 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:33 pm

Gnasher wrote:I thought the away end was just over 900, not 1200.

It probably is... I think someone else said it held 1200 and I just went with that.
james456

Postby Number 1 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:36 pm

Yeah, I think 1200 is the total away capacity including the away seating in the main stand.
Don't know how many the CWT holds though.
Number 1

Postby ezz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:54 pm

No offense to Kev but he sounds like a 5year old kid who's had his christmas present taken away from him. It's a one match temporary solution, one that will infact see you standing in a better stand, if you like the view from the side area, stand infront of the main stand on the other side, then nothing has changed. It's also not as if the people you stand with will still be there you could still easily find them if thats what is bothering you.
I also think this is a good idea not only financially, but it will result in more people in the North stand closer together and hopefully generate a louder atmosphere from the home fans. Get behind your team instead of moaning about probably the smallest inconvienience i've ever heard of.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby B.H.C #3 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:02 pm

For the first time ever i agree with Ezz.
B.H.C #3

Postby steve mfc » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:07 pm

Don'T know about the car wash but i thought the Umbro end was 980.
steve mfc

Postby Abbo » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:11 pm

Common sense has prevailed i would say, the club make a shed load of money and it helps with the safety aspect, although it could be interesting if they use the turnstiles at the North stand end ???
Abbo

Postby Gnasher » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:18 pm

Abbo wrote:Common sense has prevailed i would say, the club make a shed load of money and it helps with the safety aspect, although it could be interesting if they use the turnstiles at the North stand end ???

Why would it be "interesting"? Plenty of banter but little (if any?) trouble between the fans. A decent amount of stewards inside & outside the ground, no doubt plenty of police and the game should go off smoothly.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby steve mfc » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:21 pm

Chester are giving Bradford the south and west stands for their supporters when they play them on the 28th of this month, its only slightly closer to Bradford than we are so it should give us a good indication of how many we can expect.
steve mfc

Postby Gnasher » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:24 pm

We play them on a bank holiday, Good Friday. I'd expect more than go to Chester.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Mark S » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:28 pm

I think everyone has made the point over and over and most people are in agreement that a one off temporary arangement is the right thing to do. I think it is.

It is bound to inconvenience some fans. I wonder what everyone would be saying if it was the North Stand and we were being moved into the South end and Carwash?

Kev is also entitled to an opinion. Some of the comments have been a bit personal. Please dont make it personal.
Mark S

Postby steve mfc » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:28 pm

Gnasher wrote:We play them on a bank holiday, Good Friday. I'd expect more than go to Chester.

I would agree with that, but it will depend a lot on the results between now and then.
steve mfc

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:55 pm

total away captivity is 1180 I think the car wash holds about 500 but I don't know if Bradford have been given the whole car wash or just a section
heysham_mfc

Postby thegentlegiant » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:59 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:total away captivity is 1180 I think the car wash holds about 500 but I don't know if Bradford have been given the whole car wash or just a section

all the car wash was has been given to bradford!!
thegentlegiant

Postby Car Wash Kev » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:00 pm

ezz wrote:No offense to Kev but he sounds like a 5year old kid who's had his christmas present taken away from him. It's a one match temporary solution, one that will infact see you standing in a better stand, if you like the view from the side area, stand infront of the main stand on the other side, then nothing has changed. It's also not as if the people you stand with will still be there you could still easily find them if thats what is bothering you.
I also think this is a good idea not only financially, but it will result in more people in the North stand closer together and hopefully generate a louder atmosphere from the home fans. Get behind your team instead of moaning about probably the smallest inconvienience i've ever heard of.

You are the type of person who is the reason we stand in the car wash. We go to watch football not to sing and shout.

Does the North stand hold more than the Car wash and South stand put together? If so, would it not be better to put Bradford in there, keeping them all together making it easier to police and steward. Also making more money
Car Wash Kev

Postby thegentlegiant » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:03 pm

Car Wash Kev wrote:
ezz wrote:No offense to Kev but he sounds like a 5year old kid who's had his christmas present taken away from him. It's a one match temporary solution, one that will infact see you standing in a better stand, if you like the view from the side area, stand infront of the main stand on the other side, then nothing has changed. It's also not as if the people you stand with will still be there you could still easily find them if thats what is bothering you.

You are the type of person who is the reason we stand in the car wash. We go to watch football not to sing and shout.

Does the North stand hold more than the Car wash and South stand put together? If so, would it not be better to put Bradford in there, keeping them all together making it easier to police and steward. Also making more money

erm the easy answer to this is no!!! sorry kev but we love the north stand and its ours (shrimp fans)!!!! :lol: :lol: :D :)
thegentlegiant

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:07 pm

Car Wash Kev wrote:

where would we all go :?:
heysham_mfc

Postby Howe Magic » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:11 pm

If the bradford fans were put in the north stand there would be more than car wash kev up in arms...i spoke to a few people at the barnet match on Saturday who said they would not be seen at Christie park again if the north stand was given to any away team
Howe Magic

Postby Mark S » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:19 pm

So how is that different to the Carwash? Surely the principle is the same?

As I said before, I agree with the idea if it makes us more much needed money. However I do wonder if all the fans that are having a pop at Kev would feel the same if it had been The North Stand?
Mark S

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion