Bradford to get wet

Bradford to get wet

Postby Shrimpman » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:06 pm

On the car wash terrace if it rains

http://www.morecambefc.premiumtv.co.uk/ ... 94,00.html

we need to make sure there are more of us than them on Good Friday :)
Shrimpman

Re: Bradford to get wet

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:08 pm

Shame we can't charge them £20 as well that would help the wage cap for next season
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Car Wash Kev » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:22 pm

we need to make sure there are more of us than them on Good Friday :)[/quote]

I know 5 people who won't be going! We have stood there all season only missing 2 games. This for me show the club doesn’t care about fans it’s all about money money money !
Car Wash Kev

Postby John L » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:27 pm

They'll be full of themselves on hearing the news. It won't be long before the usual idiots come gloating on here! It better bloody had rain as well, a torrential April shower to end all! :twisted: :lol:
John L

Postby John L » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:29 pm

Car Wash Kev wrote:I know 5 people who won't be going! We have stood there all season only missing 2 games. This for me show the club doesn’t care about fans it’s all about money money money !

I've just spoken to another car wash STH who's quite happy to stand in the North Stand instead for this match and understands the club's reasons for doing this. It will be, after all, for just one match!
John L

Postby sgt major » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:31 pm

Car Wash Kev wrote:we need to make sure there are more of us than them on Good Friday :)

I know 5 people who won't be going! We have stood there all season only missing 2 games. This for me show the club doesn’t care about fans it’s all about money money money ![/quote]

Come on Kev, It's one match - dont throw the ted out of the cot over this.
sgt major

Postby Gnasher » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:41 pm

I know 5 people who won't be going! We have stood there all season only missing 2 games. This for me show the club doesn’t care about fans it’s all about money money money !

Wake up and smell the coffee, Morecambe FC is a business, not a charity. Our directors have put enough money into the club already just so the 5 of you can stand on the car wash and watch a league 2 match. It's about time a few people showed them the respect they deserve.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby shrimper » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:42 pm

Kev, don't want to get into a row and you're entitled to your opinion but I can't agree.

The club has offered anyone with a season ticket for that section a place elsewhere in the ground and a £15 discount off a season ticket for next season (as an apology).

It IS about the fans. This reduces the risk of bother in the home end (and was a decision taken on police advice after a lot of thought).

AND yes (and let's not be flippant about this, times are very hard - three clubs are at serious risk of folding this month) it will give us some welcome income.

'Our club' is run and heavily subsidised for us by our board (because without them this town has shown it is not able to support a Football League club properly).

They looked at giving Bradford one of those temporary 'planked' terraces again (a la Carlisle) but that would have cost us more than we'd get back from the extra income.

It is no major hardship to stand somewhere else for one game if you accept that this is for the good of the club - I think it is and I echo Sgt Major's plea for you to not stay away on a matter of principle.

The board have been very good to our club over the years. Very good.

They've thought about this long and hard and, even if you disagree with their decision, surely you can allow them this one?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Posh » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:48 pm

Car Wash Kev wrote:I know 5 people who won't be going! We have stood there all season only missing 2 games. This for me show the club doesn’t care about fans it’s all about money money money !

I don't know you Kev, except that you're a Morecambe fan, and I'm sorry to say I find what you've said highly disappointing.

The article itself says:

"the decision was not taken lightly and I would like to assure our loyal fans that that it received full and careful consideration from all parties and do apologise for the inconvenience...fans affected are asked to ring the club on 01524 411797...the Chief Executive has also given the supporters affected [season ticket holders on the Car Wash] his mobile number to discuss any issues they may have."

If this is supposed to show the club don't care then you're a very difficult man to please.

NB: While I share your concerns. If revenue was the only issue, which it most definitely isn't, are you seriously suggesting we turn away at least £10,000 in extra revenue for just one game?
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Car Wash Kev » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:28 pm

Gnasher wrote:I know 5 people who won't be going! We have stood there all season only missing 2 games. This for me show the club doesn’t care about fans it’s all about money money money !

Wake up and smell the coffee, Morecambe FC is a business, not a charity. Our directors have put enough money into the club already just so the 5 of you can stand on the car wash and watch a league 2 match. It's about time a few people showed them the respect they deserve.

So it is all about money.

They were happy for me to stand there and take my £12 for the Brentford game (att 1253)
Car Wash Kev

Postby thegentlegiant » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:38 pm

Car Wash Kev wrote:
Gnasher wrote:I know 5 people who won't be going! We have stood there all season only missing 2 games. This for me show the club doesn’t care about fans it’s all about money money money !

They were happy for me to stand there and take my £12 for the Brentford game (att 1253)

Although I can see your upset Kev the club have to think about the financial problems that might arise in the future. Morecambe are trying to ensure the long term success of Morecambe football club, they have offered season ticket holders £15 off next years season ticket which I think is beyond there duty they could of relocated you to the north stand and said there you go. But the club wanted to ensure people in the car wash stand were happy with the rearrangements.

I personal cannot see the problem but you are entitled to you opinion!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby shrimper » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:41 pm

Kev, that was Gnasher's post - not the club's. The club haven't said that. They've said the income was a consideration - and I absolutely fail to see what is wrong with that - but that safety (after seeking police advice) was another consideration.

They realise some fans may not be happy about it and, in the case of season ticket holders, have written to each of them personally with an explanation and an offer of alternative arrangements.

I think it's unfair to accuse people like Rod Taylor and Graham Hodgson - as well as the chairman (who I honestly believe was swayed by the brilliant response of our fans in play-off defeat at Hereford to keep backing the club when - at a sensitive time - he may have been tempted to step down thinking he had done everything he could for us) of not considering the fans.

I think it's a petty attitude (but one to which you are entitled, if that's the way you feel - I just don't agree with you.)
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Posh » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:59 pm

Car Wash Kev wrote:

That's Gnasher's personal view and not the clubs.

Having seen the incredible amount of hours that directors like Rod Taylor puts into the club and knowing how tight the club's finances are, I'd say he has a point though.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Number 1 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:00 pm

I know Kev is disappointed, and I fully understand his reasons. For him, he supports the club all season and stands in his place of choice where he can enjoy the game, be close to the action, see the game along the touchline instead of behind the goal, which some people don't like. I presume he's not restricted to the North Stand though.

I'd imagine there are a variety of reasons for the move. Of course extra income is one. But also to bring in as many Bantams as safely as possible and to accomodate them with the correct segregation too. There will have been input from the police who will have said what the risk is of fans infiltrating the home ends, and whilst most would have stayed quiet, it only takes one idiot to cause a problem. This way, they should all be accomodated without the need for them in home sections.

I think Kev should also look upon the game as a cup tie. There will certainly be a cup tie atmosphere. If we'd actually drawn Bradford in the cup, they'd be entitled to a larger % of the ground, and would probably get the CWT as of right because of FA Regulations. Kev wouldn't have any grounds for complaint whatsoever in that scenario. And before he suggests that he hasn't moved before for cup games, the answer to that lies in the number of tickets the visiting club actually ask for. Generally they make do with the 1200 or so which is the usual away capacity, but if a team was bringing more and asked for their allowed allocation, then the CWT would be the obvious choice for extra away fans.

With Bradford's results recently, there WILL be a larger number attending I feel, because they'll be thinking it's a winnable game.

I think it's a sensible move in the circumstances, and it will be great to see Christie (the cat and the ground) rocking once more.
Number 1

Postby firthy_SexGod » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:20 pm

John L wrote:They'll be full of themselves on hearing the news. It won't be long before the usual idiots come gloating on here! It better bloody had rain as well, a torrential April shower to end all! :twisted: :lol:

We'll be full of ourselves? - Can I ask why? It's hardly anything to brag about is it, unless you know something we don't?
It seems a tad stupid looking at it now. We've lost 5 away games on the bounce and at this rate you might be lucky to see a 1,000 City fans. Wishing upon a mass downpour just because you've thrown your dummy outa't pram is pathetic. Your club will gain financially and as one of the posts above states - It's a business not a charity. If you own your own business then you do anything to maximise the profit at the end of each year. That determines whether your business is a success or a failure -Especially within this current climate it makes good business sense.

Does anyone know what allocation we've been given?
What does the car wash hold?
Also, am I right in thinking we have a bit of the main stand aswell...or?
firthy_SexGod

Postby Gnasher » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:34 pm

That's Gnasher's personal view and not the clubs

Yes, a very personal view. I think the director's need to be given a bit of consideration before people come onto the forum and make comments like they're staying away because someone else is in their place and it's a director's fault. They've put a small fortune into the club because they love it and because they want everyone else to be able to enjoy it as well. So yes, it's partly money but behind that money there's a lot of heart & soul goes into every decision.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Car Wash Kev » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:46 pm

Gnasher wrote:That's Gnasher's personal view and not the clubs

Yes, a very personal view. I think the director's need to be given a bit of consideration before people come onto the forum and make comments like they're staying away because someone else is in their place and it's a director's fault. They've put a small fortune into the club because they love it and because they want everyone else to be able to enjoy it as well. So yes, it's partly money but behind that money there's a lot of heart & soul goes into every decision.

We pay a small fortune to get in to watch every game does that not matter?
Car Wash Kev

Postby BLS BOY » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:01 pm

I think this is the best solution possible for all parties, Bradford are and lets be honest, the big fish in the small pond this season and have the biggest fan base miles ahead of any other club.

For the mfc directors to reach this decision is applaudable and very pragmatic, one which i personally agree with.

With respect to Bradford i fully expect them to fill there allocation in the south stand, and add the further amount allocated on the c.w, i expect them to be sold too.

As for Car wash Kev, i half agree with your disguntled views, i would feel the same.
However, be realistic about the clubs reasoning with the decision taken.

Lets hope for a 4-3 mfc win and it all passes without incident!
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby Duffman » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:05 pm

5 people from the car wash might not be happy but if it stops ticket prices going up £1 or two next season then 2500+ fans will be happy.
Duffman

Postby Gnasher » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:05 pm

We pay a small fortune to get in to watch every game does that not matter?

Of course it matters. but if you read all the news item rather than the headline you'll see that it wasn't a straight forward decision.

When you get on a train and there's no seats, do you get off and wait for the next one? Do you write to Richard Branson to complain?

This is a one-off decision the club has made and not made lightly.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby philbigmfcfan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:18 pm

are they having the away end as well ??
if they are they better fill both stands if we are been kind enough to give them two
philbigmfcfan

Postby firthy_SexGod » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:25 pm

Does anyone know how many tickets we've been allocated then..or what?
It would help if either club would let the fans know.
Do we have the official away aswell or????

Confused.com
firthy_SexGod

Postby broadwayshrimp » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Like many others I agree but I just hope the Bradford fans turn up in numbers to justify the decision. Presumeably the club and Bradford are confident that they will be in with a shout of the play offs when the big day comes.
broadwayshrimp

Postby james456 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:47 pm

There would probably be more complaints if we missed out on profit by restricting the away fans to one stand. To be honest, if you aren't going to the game because you have to stand metres away from where you usually are then you're being a bit fussy.

For arguments sake, if you turned up to a game and the car wash terrace was full or closed due to safety reasons, would you go in the north stand or go home in a huff?
james456

Postby james456 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:54 pm

firthy_SexGod wrote:Does anyone know how many tickets we've been allocated then..or what?
It would help if either club would let the fans know.
Do we have the official away aswell or????

Confused.com

You have...
the usual away end - the Umbro stand which holds 1200 and is behind the goals
Part of the main stand (seated) - I think a few hundred seats are allocated to you. This stand is down the side of the pitch.
And the car wash terrace which is a small, uncovered terracing opposite the main stand. I'd imagine it holds a few hundred.

Not sure about overall ticket allocation. I imagine more details will be available nearer the time.
james456

Next

Return to General Discussion