Six pointers!

Six pointers!

Postby Posh » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:08 pm

Yeah I know. I could have posted on the end of the other thread. And hey, we haven't got a cat in hells chance of making the playoffs.

However, if we imagined for a second that such a chance could avail itself then I think there is one place between four - Bratfud, Shrewsbury, Chesterfield and us. Obviously then the uber-crucial games are the six pointers starting with this Saturday's game at the New Meadow.

Shrewsbury - a win there and we're just four points behind them with a game in hand. After this Saturday their next four games are - Wycombe away, Grimsby home, Bury away and Rochdale at home. Having seen three of those sides recently I know they're going to drop more than a few points.

Bratfud - Our game against them on Good Friday (the extra day's rest could play in both club's favour) could also be crucial. In the run up to that match they've got a couple of, on paper, easy games but they start tomorrow night away at in-form Bournemouth - not an easy trip and a defeat there and we're within striking distance.

Chesterfield - To me these are the biggest threat. Yet their next three games are away at Brentford and Rotherham, then home to Rochdale.

Add to this the last day of the season sees Chesterfield v Bradford.

Of course this is all irrelevant as we've got no chance of making the playoffs at all.

This academic exercise endeth here.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Re: Six pointers!

Postby Posh » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:12 pm

Actually, ignore all that. Lincoln have a bloody easy run in.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Return to General Discussion