Free voucher for Under 16s today

Free voucher for Under 16s today

Postby quinny » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:54 am

I have just noticed that there is a free £5 voucher for under 16s who attend the Shrimps' fixture with Barnet this afternoon.
The voucher is to be spent in the club shop.
quinny

Re: Free voucher for Under 16s today

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:57 am

My lad wants some shorts. Where do we get a voucher?
Burnley Shrimp

Postby i-love-mfc » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:36 am

Im under 16, but do i have to be with a parent to get the voucher?
i-love-mfc

Postby garstangshrimp » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:43 pm

These free vouchers, do U16 season ticket holders recieve one as well or are they just to be given to U16's who pay on the day? How do we get given one?
garstangshrimp

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:43 pm

as usual with the offers mfc lets us down again with no proper marketing, this might of encouraged people to bring there kids with them and at same time grab a bargin from the club shop.
thegentlegiant

Postby outsider » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:45 pm

never seen anyone giving them out, neither of my kids got one, oh well never mind,
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Dids » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:07 pm

I'm under 16 and i never got one.
Dids

Postby Shrimpman » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:42 pm

I asked for a voucher at the carwash turnstile & both the attendants knew nothing about them & told me to get them from the club shop. i went to the club shop & they knew about them & said the vouchers
are at the turnstiles.
Went back to the turnstiles they still didnt know anything about vouchers : :x

who decides about these deals & why don't all staff who need to know not know??

Maybe they can get it right the next home game, they do have 2 weeks to arrange it
Shrimpman

Postby Dazzer » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:03 pm

There was a guy at the North stand turnstiles (Main stand end) simply handing them out to, well, anyone under 16.

Sounds, from this thread, that it was a good Marketing idea, poorly carried out (again?)
Dazzer

Postby Aal » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:23 pm

Should've been given out on entry surely, but don't really know why it didn't happen that way.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby John L » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:36 pm

My 12 year old son and his 12 year old friend, who were both accompanying me on the car wash terrace, were never given any vouchers nor did we see any being handed out. As it was stated in the matchday programme that these vouchers would be given out to all under-16s at today's match, I shall be telephoning the club next week in an attempt to get these vouchers. It's a pity that the vouchers were marketed by the club but not distributed as promised! :|
John L

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:34 am

I think the club commercial side has shot themselves in the foot a bit with this one and it just highlights the fact that they could be a lot slicker with some commercial activities as has been highlighted on here previously! Pre match my son went to the club shop to purchase some kit and was told he could only get one of the vouchers whilst entering the turnstile. Fair enough, but bearing in mind we live 50 miles away and can't just nip into the shop midweek would the club shop be open immediately after the game when there are a lot of folk about, many of whom may wish to spend the vouchers? Short answer 'no we're shut'.

We then went to the turnstile (Northstand turnstiles next to mainstand) and the operators hadn't got a clue what we were on about when we asked for a voucher. I then asked a club official about the vouchers who didn't know anything about them but kindly went to the secretaries office to ask. The answer was the vouchers hadn't arrived. So why advertise that they had on the clubs official message board then????

My other moan was that at the same turnstiles where a lot of spectators enter there was once again no one selling 'Ken Parkers got his balls out on the pitch' tickets. When there is someone selling them I allways buy at least two and previously when open the box reached £1,000 I bought many more.

OK these are all small gripes but when every penny counts it needs to be right. Some of the folk involved give their time for nothing and all credit to them but many others are paid and there can be no excuses if they don't get it right.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby mrg1309 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:49 am

Burnley Shrimp wrote:We then went to the turnstile (Northstand turnstiles next to mainstand)...

My other moan was that at the same turnstiles where a lot of spectators enter there was once again no one selling 'Ken Parkers got his balls out on the pitch' tickets. When there is someone selling them I allways buy at least two and previously when open the box reached £1,000 I bought many more.

I was at those turnstiles stood around the pie van from 1:30 yesterday selling tickets. Apologies for missing you.
mrg1309

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:54 am

mrg1309 wrote:
Burnley Shrimp wrote:We then went to the turnstile (Northstand turnstiles next to mainstand)...

I was at those turnstiles stood around the pie van from 1:30 yesterday selling tickets. Apologies for missing you.

OK mate thanks for posting that. I was probably more pre occupied trying to sort out the Great Missing Voucher Mystery than looking for you. :) I will buy double at the Luton game to make up for it!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:43 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:..So why advertise that they had on the clubs official message board then????

oh, where's that one? We'll add a link from here! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:00 pm

what is the point in the club putting it on the web site if they don't even have them to hand out :?
heysham_mfc

Postby Aal » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:22 pm

I did see a couple of vouchers but they were randomly being given out.

As was said earlier it does seem daft that the Clubshop is shut after a game...
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby badger » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:47 pm

I think the club shop is run by rodney and del boy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
badger

Postby John L » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:15 pm

badger wrote:I think the club shop is run by rodney and del boy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well it wouldn't be as bad as if it were run by Bodger and Badger, eh? :mrgreen:
John L

Return to General Discussion