League Run

League Run

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:29 pm

Does anyone know what Morecambe's best league run is? Is it our current run of 10?

Who holds the best league two games unbeaten run?
thegentlegiant

Re: League Run

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:01 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:Does anyone know what Morecambe's best league run is? Is it our current run of 10?

Who holds the best league two games unbeaten run?

Sounds like a quest for Hodgy during his "busy work day".

:D
morecambe mick

Postby Shrimpsscene » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:17 pm

winning sequences weve don ein th eprogramme
league run a sin football league run is thi sone im fairly sure

best run i can remember march 2000 to september 2000 something like 29 unbeaten games
Shrimpsscene

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:22 pm

thanks, i am also at work bored, just making the time tick on by!!
thegentlegiant

Postby Hodgie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:56 pm

Was it not the season we got promoted to the conference?

we only lost 4 times that season and I dont think we lost from December onwards.

could be wrong
Hodgie

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:19 pm

Was there a time in the conference when we won 13 in a row or something daft and set a new record although i could have just made that up.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby pompeyred » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:11 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Was there a time in the conference when we won 13 in a row or something daft and set a new record although i could have just made that up.

Most consecutive wins in a row: 12 - Burton Albion (2008-09)
pompeyred

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:00 am

P/T Indie wrote:Was there a time in the conference when we won 13 in a row or something daft and set a new record although i could have just made that up.

Could that be home wins? Remember the conference days when we were the dogs bollocks at home....and simply bollocks away.

During the 2002/03 season we lost to Yeovil at home right at the start of the season (Late August from memory). We didn't lose again at home for the rest of that season, and I believe it wasn't until mid November (Possibly against Chester?) during the 2003/04 season when we next lost a home league game. Quite an achievement.

If I was old enough to gamble back then I could have put myself through university with my winnings. We were so predictable. Awesome at home, terrible away!
RedRedWine1

Postby Hodgie » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:19 am

Hodgie

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:10 am

RedRedWine wrote:

Could that be home wins? Remember the conference days when we were the dogs bollocks at home....and simply bollocks away.

During the 2002/03 season we lost to Yeovil at home right at the start of the season (Late August from memory). We didn't lose again at home for the rest of that season, and I believe it wasn't until mid November (Possibly against Chester?) during the 2003/04 season when we next lost a home league game. Quite an achievement.

If I was old enough to gamble back then I could have put myself through university with my winnings. We were so predictable. Awesome at home, terrible away!

Yes it must have been 13 home wins or 13 at home unbeaten or something like that.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby BLS BOY » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:32 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:thanks, i am also at work bored, just making the time tick on by!!

Be careful mate, there was a fit girl from essex sacked 2 weeks ago for slagging off her day job on a forum.
RedRedWine wrote:

Quite right, the Yeovil game was comical because we battered them all day but couldn't kill them off, Swanny scored that day too!

I seem to remember possibly 97/98 season we went a dozen or so away games unbeaten, then lost at Cheltenham around xmas time.
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby Shrimpsscene » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:11 pm

BLS BOY wrote:
thegentlegiant wrote:thanks, i am also at work bored, just making the time tick on by!!

Be careful mate, there was a fit girl from essex sacked 2 weeks ago for slagging off her day job on a forum.
RedRedWine wrote:

Quite right, the Yeovil game was comical because we battered them all day but couldn't kill them off, Swanny scored that day too!

I seem to remember possibly 97/98 season we went a dozen or so away games unbeaten, then lost at Cheltenham around xmas time.

battered them alister
i thought we lost 5 1?
Shrimpsscene

Return to General Discussion