Southport Stabbings o/t

Southport Stabbings o/t

Postby Redalert1970 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:31 pm

Another stabbing incident this time in Southport

17 yes 17 year old arrested regarding the incident

When is this going to stop... It seems to be happening on a weekly basis at the moment

Please LABOUR get more police back on the streets not next week or next year but NOW
Redalert1970

Re: Southport Stabbings o/t

Postby John L » Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:35 pm

Not far from the football ground. I wouldn't expect it to prevent tomorrow's match going ahead but of course I can understand if it will.
John L

Postby twosheds » Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:04 pm

Some vile human beings don't deserve to breathe the same air as us...but at times like this the parents and those affected that should be in our thoughts...
twosheds

Postby al1 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:24 pm

The game has to be called off tomorrow after this horrific incident!Football means nothing in this situation,need to show respect for the poor families in Southport.
al1

Postby Scouseport_Shrimp » Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:28 pm

John L wrote:Not far from the football ground. I wouldn't expect it to prevent tomorrow's match going ahead but of course I can understand if it will.

Yep the stabbings took place fairly close to Haig Avenue. I think Southport FC have offered their ground facilities as a base to carry out their forensics or whatever they need to do, but I can't see that happening.
Scouseport_Shrimp

Postby Scouseport_Shrimp » Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:32 pm

al1 wrote:The game has to be called off tomorrow after this horrific incident!Football means nothing in this situation,need to show respect for the poor families in Southport.

I live less than a mile from the the 17 year old who committed the horrific crime......He could easily have left his house this morning walked across the road to the local Co-op and committed his carnage!

Are all the pubs in the area closing for the day.....or the local shops.

Calling a football match off won't solve anything.....but I know what might help!
Last edited by Scouseport_Shrimp on Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scouseport_Shrimp

Postby John L » Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:33 pm

Scouseport_Shrimp wrote:
John L wrote:Not far from the football ground. I wouldn't expect it to prevent tomorrow's match going ahead but of course I can understand if it will.

Yep the stabbings took place fairly close to Haig Avenue. I think Southport FC have offered their ground facilities as a base to carry out their forensics or whatever they need to do, but I can't see that happening.

I believe they're also offering the community use of their lounge facilities tomorrow for anyone who needs it, which is a good gesture.
John L

Postby Scouseport_Shrimp » Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:37 pm

John L wrote:
Scouseport_Shrimp wrote:

I believe they're also offering the community use of their lounge facilities tomorrow for anyone who needs it, which is a good gesture.

As have numerous community based organisations in the immediate Southport area.
Scouseport_Shrimp

Postby redrobo » Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:00 pm

Get the game transferred to the Maz and play on Wednesday.
redrobo

Postby twosheds » Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:25 pm

In the big scheme of things a friendly game is hardly important...
twosheds

Postby Scouseport_Shrimp » Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:30 pm

redrobo wrote:Get the game transferred to the Maz and play on Wednesday.

That's a good idea.

Southport FC have issed a Press Statement....their club lounge will be open tomorrow between 1000-1500 to offer their support to anyone.
Scouseport_Shrimp

Postby Argumentative » Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:31 pm

Can’t believe some people on here. Kids have died and all you can think is about a Micky mouse football game. You should be ashamed.
Argumentative

Postby Argumentative » Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:33 pm

All our thoughts and if you believe your prayers should be for the kids and their families.
Argumentative

Postby Redalert1970 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:09 pm

Totally agree... The game shouldn't be swapped or played

It should be called off totally as respect
Redalert1970

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:17 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:28 pm

I think we here at Morecambe FC should respect the decision that the match has been postponed. My heart felt condolences to the families caught up in this awful incident.
Billy bodger

Postby twosheds » Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:01 pm

marky No.1 wrote:https://channel3now.com/2024/07/29/17-year-old-ali-al-shakati-arrested-in-connection-with-the-stabbings-in-southport-england/

Someone has got their facts wrong ...either this site or the BBC...they state on their website that he was born in Cardiff...no mention of being an asylum seeker or arriving by boat.

Sloppy journalism like this doesn't help the families that are going through such unimaginable pain...
twosheds

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:03 pm

Yes, just watched the itv news
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby captain sparkle » Tue Jul 30, 2024 8:06 am

twosheds wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:https://channel3now.com/2024/07/29/17-year-old-ali-al-shakati-arrested-in-connection-with-the-stabbings-in-southport-england/

Someone has got their facts wrong ...either this site or the BBC...they state on their website that he was born in Cardiff...no mention of being an asylum seeker or arriving by boat.

Sloppy journalism like this doesn't help the families that are going through such unimaginable pain...

They don't usually name juveniles (under 18 year olds).
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby Argumentative » Tue Jul 30, 2024 8:31 am

If you look at the link for channel3now above the story line has now changed to the mainstream of born in Cardiff and does not name him. Shabby fiction on the internet! Who would believe it
Argumentative

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:10 am

captain sparkle wrote:
twosheds wrote:

Will this alter when the voting age is reduced to 16 as proposed by the nutters elected by default recently even though they won't be able to legally drink , smoke , drive cars etc etc ?
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Argumentative » Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:17 am

16 yr olds can legally drink beer and wine in a pub or restaurant as long as it is accompanied with a meal and an over 18 is present. You however cannot buy alcohol until you are 18 from a licensed premises. Disabled drivers on pip can pass a full test and drive a car at 16. Your point on cigs is valid though.
Argumentative

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:27 am

Argumentative wrote:16 yr olds can legally drink beer and wine in a pub or restaurant as long as it is accompanied with a meal and an over 18 is present. You however cannot buy alcohol until you are 18 from a licensed premises. Disabled drivers on pip can pass a full test and drive a car at 16. Your point on cigs is valid though.

Thanks Jason.

There are so many millions of drivers on pip passing tests and driving cars at 16 in the UK I suppose.

Your point on 16 year olds having a glass of wine or something with a meal and an over 18 present is valid if irrelevant !

My point is that 17 year olds accused of murder should be named if they are deemed old enough to vote.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Argumentative » Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:47 am

Gone shrimping
You stated that it was illegal to drink or drive a car. I have pointed out to you that in 2 of 3 of your points are incorrect. I do not know how many 16 year olds with a disability are driving cars legally but nearly pointing out that if they qualify that they can legally drive.
I agree with your point that kids who commit adult crimes should be named as kids who do this are a danger for the rest of their lives. The only exceptions I would say are those who are mentally ill deserve treatment and not condemning.
On another note I am not Jason never have been and never will be.
Do you honestly think that someone who will not communicate with anyone would comment on a post about a 16 yr old drinking. I think not. Time for you and others to put your big pants on and have a grown up conversation.
Argumentative

Postby nobbyshrimp » Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:12 pm

captain sparkle wrote:
twosheds wrote:

Unless of course the media apply to the court to have the restrictions lifted or they turn 18 and the UK media do apply quite often but then a judge needs to decide whether its in the publics best interests to know or whether the offender will suffer from the public knowing plus he/she will listen to any objections from it being lifted. Personally, if he's guilty hang the bar steward very slowly, whether he's ill or not ill.
nobbyshrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion