tonights game

tonights game

Postby scalehallshrimp » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:00 pm

we were 2nd best tonight with some brilliant defending keeping us in the game.Never seemed to get going and wasted duffy when he came on,at least 2 occasions when he was unmarked.Kept persisting with long hoof ball up the middle which their mdefenders gobbled up easily all night
still keeps the run going
scalehallshrimp

Re: tonights game

Postby Crooky MFC » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:11 pm

We looked slow and tired, they ran us raggid, but I have to say that our defence and especially Roche were superb. They were probably the best team I have seen us play this season, pace all over the field, just a pitty Bishop can't score :lol: Another point and 10 games undefeated in a row... up the shrimps ! :)
Crooky MFC

Postby George Dawes » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:13 pm

defended realy well, as a team tonight, atttacking wise i thought we missed the pace of Rennie Howe upfront
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:19 pm

An excellent rear guard performance against a very quick Bury team. If they had had a striker then maybe our run of now 10 games undefeated would have come to an end.

The game was played at a terrific pace but after the first 30 of the second half when they had us on the ropes, Bury seemed to run out of ideas.

Certainly one of the best games seen at CP this season.

MoM Northern Irelands No1.....Baz Roach

2100 with around 500 from Bury.

Mark Duffy seemed a bit overawed by it all...but he's got bags of potential.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Mark S » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:23 pm

Christies Child wrote:

Are you doing it on purpose Neil? :lol:
Mark S

Postby steve mfc » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:25 pm

A very hard earned point tonight, we were second best, but Bury are a good side their not in an automatic promotion spot for nothing.

Some great goalkeeping from Barry and never say die defending kept us in the game, it was a point gained tonight rather than two dropped.

I would like to see Duffy start on Saturday, he has done well when he has come on as a sub and it would be good to see him play a full match.
steve mfc

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:29 pm

Mark S wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Can't be by accident surely? I got an Unclassified at Geography me... :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Crooky MFC » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:30 pm

steve mfc wrote:but Bury are a good side their not in an automatic promotion spot for nothing.

Not anymore, because of us ;) They lie in 4th
Crooky MFC

Postby Martin » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:34 pm

That was an excellent point tonight.

In contrast to Wycombe, Bury came at us from the start and kept on coming at us. They clearly wanted the three points. The frenetic pace of the game throughout resulted in quite a few sloppy passes and to be fair, in the first half, Bury were just as guilty.

The second half had us holding on at times with our defence pretty stretched. Barry Roche certainly proved his worth again.

As goalless draws go, this was very entertaining. I don't think we played particulary well, but I don't think we were that bad either. We just came up against a very good side.

I'm happy with the point and the unbeaten run reaching 10 games.
Martin

Postby steve mfc » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:34 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:
steve mfc wrote:but Bury are a good side their not in an automatic promotion spot for nothing.

Not anymore, because of us ;) They lie in 4th

That will teach me to check the table before posting :lol:
steve mfc

Postby Christies Child » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:41 pm

Mark S wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Ooops! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Roche......OK
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Mark S » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:53 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Mark S wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Roche......OK

:lol: :lol: Campdave. Over to you......

I still think you are winding us up Neil!
Mark S

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:05 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Mark S wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Roche......OK

Mark S wrote: :lol: :lol: Campdave. Over to you......

I still think you are winding us up Neil!

As a clue...

Keith wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: Can't be by accident surely? I got an Unclassified at Geography me... :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I think so too Mark!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby OvertheBar » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:23 pm

It was a relief to hear the final whistle.

Bury were a good allround outfit, their fans gave it some umph and it was an entertaining game.

I felt really proud of our lads, they battled and nutted out a well deserved draw, everyone giving it his best effort. Because Bury were relentless, particularly in the second half, we seldom got about them, but they got a result, and that means another point. The team is showing plenty of character, and have huge determination. Perhaps Duffy who is very lively could get a start against Barnet, he certainly has pace and obviously wants to show his talent.

Well done Morecambe.
OvertheBar

Postby Crooky MFC » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:31 pm

I'd give Wainy a rest and start Duffy, see what he can do against a poorish Barnet side.
Crooky MFC

Postby Howe Magic » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:43 pm

Is that the barnet side who have taken 10 points from 18 Saturday will be another tough game
Howe Magic

Postby OvertheBar » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:I'd give Wainy a rest and start Duffy, see what he can do against a poorish Barnet side.

Much as I like Curtis he is the one out of position in midfield. Wayne has done his best work on the left wing, but Wainwright is better there...so sadly...it's Curtis benched and Duffy in to scamper around behind the forwards.

Is Howe fit yet? He would have threatened Sodje more tonight. O'Carrol shows some neat touches but needs somebody to thread the ball to. We didn't pass the ball as well tonight. However, it was clearly very difficult to get momentum going against a competant and well organised team.

Barnet were quick when we played them at Underhill.
OvertheBar

Postby shrimper » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:26 am

Barnet won't be easy at all - glad people are recognising that. We'll still have to work very hard on Saturday to get anything out of that game.

Bury looked a very good side, as has been said. I was confident (given our recent heroics) going into the game but it was a bit of a reality check to be honest.

Still, we showed that we have the character to stand up to that kind of test. Some of the committed defending (like Arts' header that denied Hurst a clear chance near the post) was quite superb.

And Roche? Well, simply magnificent - and he had to be.

Well done to the lads for working so hard for OUR team. That's all we can ask.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:33 pm

lucky to come away with a point last night Bury were the better side and I think they will get promotion. Barnet will be a though game but I think we can just about see them off
heysham_mfc

Postby Harry » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:58 pm

We held on very well in the second half to keep them at bay, producing a great defensive display from Roche and Jimbo but I'm slightly disappointed we didn't properly take our chances when we had the opportunity to break. After some good performances this season, Wayne had a ropey game and couldn't give his all in a strange position for him. IMO he should have been taken off for Duffy, as Wainwright was being his usual tricky self down the left. It's clear we also missed a presence up front with Diarmuid and Twissy up against some tall defenders (including Cresswell the donkey) and us struggling to get the ball into their feet. A good point though against a high-flying side, although despite my recent optimism I now doubt we'll be able to make it to the play-offs.
Harry

Return to General Discussion