News from Giant Axe..

News from Giant Axe..

Postby shrimper » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:59 pm

Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: News from Giant Axe..

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:03 pm

I fear for City now as Barry seemed the only person mad enough to take that job on and steadied the ship at the time when they were in a real mess.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Weetabix Kid » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:32 pm

He was doing a good job there!

I do worry how they will surive, even though they're a rival, be very sad if they disolved..
Weetabix Kid

Postby Posh » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:28 pm

That's just crazy.

Stimmo has got them into shape, brought in some good players and got a good run going which was only spoiled by injuries and a couple of players leaving.

If it was about a small cut in budget then I think they'd have found a way forward but to then blame the person who helped raise the sinking for 'poor results' is a bit pathetic.

Mick Hoyle is running a tight ship but I can't see anyway forward for them as a club, particularly given the current climate.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:42 pm

Posh wrote:That's just crazy.

Stimmo has got them into shape, brought in some good players and got a good run going which was only spoiled by injuries and a couple of players leaving.

If it was about a small cut in budget then I think they'd have found a way forward but to then blame the person who helped raise the sinking for 'poor results' is a bit pathetic.

Mick Hoyle is running a tight ship but I can't see anyway forward for them as a club, particularly given the current climate.

not too sure about a tight ship, its looking a bit like The Titanic !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:54 pm

...too dedicated to loose him from the game.

A scouting role with us maybe?

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:02 pm

bad news for city I know recent results have not been the best but I though he was doing a good job
heysham_mfc

Postby redtilldead74 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:34 pm

is that the same derek bull that was a manager at gotts,or whatever its called now.i grew up with him.
redtilldead74

Postby The Bay » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:44 pm

The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Postby Posh » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:43 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:not too sure about a tight ship, its looking a bit like The Titanic !

Genuinely, he won't spend money he hasn't got. He got the finances sorted out and some new revenue in and that helped them improve a bit. However he's quickly seen income dropping and has immediately looked at cutting the budget. I think it's a very good way to run a football club and avoids them sinking like they did last time.

P.S. The amount of non-league clubs facing bankruptcy is rocketing by all accounts. I can see a hell of a lot going under this year (plus quite a few league clubs too). Not only are clubs saddled with big debts and declining revenues for the first time in a very long time there are a lot less 'businesspeople' in a position to bail them out.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Return to General Discussion