O/T Pete Wild

O/T Pete Wild

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri May 24, 2024 6:41 pm

Pete Wild sacked by Barrow.

Rumours have been swirling round Holker Street for a few days and now confirmed.
Gone_Shrimping

Re: O/T Pete Wild

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Fri May 24, 2024 9:50 pm

Decent manager who has proved himself starting at Oldham then Halifax then Barrow. Think Barrow have lost a decent manager. He will find another club no problem with him from Royton.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sat May 25, 2024 8:08 am

So we ‘sack’ Ged and they ‘sack’ Pete :roll:
nobbyshrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat May 25, 2024 10:33 am

Mixed views from the Barrow fans. It sounds as if he has had a healthy budget for two seasons and it is being cut for nrxt season. Rumours of him touting himself for other jobs whilst being under contract at Barrow.

Plenty of mentions of him coming here but Oldham seems more likely.
BerlinWaller

Postby black morse » Sat May 25, 2024 10:37 am

BerlinWaller wrote:Mixed views from the Barrow fans. It sounds as if he has had a healthy budget for two seasons and it is being cut for nrxt season. Rumours of him touting himself for other jobs whilst being under contract at Barrow.

If he's leaving because his budgets been cut he won't be coming here :lol:
black morse

Postby redrobo » Sat May 25, 2024 10:49 am

No bloody way would I want him as our new manager.

Don't be surprised if DA is in line to take over at Barrow.....although for me he should be back with us.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat May 25, 2024 10:51 am

redrobo wrote:No bloody way would I want him as our new manager.

Don't be surprised if DA is in line to take over at Barrow.....although for me he should be back with us.

:?: :?: :?:

DA won't be going to Barrow. They have a director of football and are looking for a first team head coach and DA is a manager.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Dave (Barra) » Sat May 25, 2024 1:06 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Mixed views from the Barrow fans. It sounds as if he has had a healthy budget for two seasons and it is being cut for nrxt season. Rumours of him touting himself for other jobs whilst being under contract at Barrow.

I don’t know about it being cut, morelike not being increased enough to match what he wanted. His final interview of the season alluded to spending more on wages, plus more money for transfer fees. He’s been backed but there isn’t a neverending pot of money.

Good luck to the bloke wherever he ends up next.
Dave (Barra)

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sat May 25, 2024 8:25 pm

He managed Oldham before and said he wouldn’t return especially as he lives in Royton. Another Oldham fan asked him in chadderton Tesco and he said no. I doubt we will get him but you never know what Rod Taylor and the directors have planned.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Sun May 26, 2024 8:42 am

Why ??

Based on what ?

It won’t happen, I’m just interested as to why such a response.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun May 26, 2024 11:06 am

I would take Pete Wild at Morecambe but dont think it will happen

Did a decent job at Barrow - just missing out on the play offs
Redalert1970

Postby redrobo » Sun May 26, 2024 11:46 am

Seasider9601 wrote:

Why ??

Based on what ?

Watched Barrow numerous times and if that is the style of football that he prefers then it's not for me. Never appears to be a Plan B when things get tough. From interviews seems to blame everybody else but doesn't accept that he may have got it wrong.

And if he isn't good enough for our friends in Barrow he most certainly isn't good enough for us.

By the sounds of it he wanted more money and because Barrow decided like us that enough is enough took the easy option and left.

DA left for a so called better job. He was prepared and did live within the financial constraints of our club for which I applaud him.
redrobo

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sun May 26, 2024 3:25 pm

redrobo wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:

Why ??

Based on what ?

Watched Barrow numerous times and if that is the style of football that he prefers then it's not for me. Never appears to be a Plan B when things get tough. From interviews seems to blame everybody else but doesn't accept that he may have got it wrong.

And if he isn't good enough for our friends in Barrow he most certainly isn't good enough for us.

By the sounds of it he wanted more money and because Barrow decided like us that enough is enough took the easy option and left.

DA left for a so called better job. He was prepared and did live within the financial constraints of our club for which I applaud him.

He got the best out of Jordon Slew at Halifax. He also got them playing attacking football. In his short time at Oldham as first team coach before scholes arrived they were winning and beat Fulham in the cup. You go off the basis of Barrow and not the bigger picture of how he started in the first place. Pete Wild knows how to work on nothing being youth academy coach at Oldham. He would be a good fit for us but depends on our situation at the club first.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sun May 26, 2024 3:37 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:
redrobo wrote:

He got the best out of Jordon Slew at Halifax. He also got them playing attacking football. In his short time at Oldham as first team coach before scholes arrived they were winning and beat Fulham in the cup. You go off the basis of Barrow and not the bigger picture of how he started in the first place. Pete Wild knows how to work on nothing being youth academy coach at Oldham and first team coach. He would have still been manager had the previous owner at Oldham not stuck his nose in first team affairs. He would be a good fit for us but depends on our situation at the club first.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun May 26, 2024 4:19 pm

Manchester based, hardly ever commutes, enough said
nobbyshrimp

Postby deadorred70 » Tue May 28, 2024 10:40 am

could be a good posistion for John Coleman ?
deadorred70

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu May 30, 2024 10:19 pm

Barrow have now appointed former Gillingham manager Stephen Clemence as their new manager.
Gone_Shrimping

Return to General Discussion