O/T General Election date

O/T General Election date

Postby redrobo » Wed May 22, 2024 4:27 pm

July 4th is the date now confirmed as the date of the General Election.

Also happens to be my 74th Birthday on that date..... :lol: No doubt it will be a double celebration later that evening when the pundits forecast a return of the current government...plus my birthday.... :lol:
redrobo

Re: O/T General Election date

Postby twosheds » Wed May 22, 2024 4:49 pm

Please...no...not another four years of the current muppet in Downing Street... ;) :D
twosheds

Postby Relapsed_Shrimp » Wed May 22, 2024 4:56 pm

Bigger Muppet waiting in the wings! ... Argh don't we love politics
Relapsed_Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Wed May 22, 2024 5:11 pm

There's a party on the prom being organised for Morris departure
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby jona77 » Wed May 22, 2024 9:55 pm

I’m 51 now and got the first time since I was able to vote I might not vote for anyone. We have a choice of a party who frankly haven’t achieved that much in the years they have been in office to god help us a bloke with no concrete policies who seems to change his ideas practically on a daily basis!
jona77

Postby John L » Wed May 22, 2024 10:38 pm

Independence Day eh? 8-)
John L

Postby Keith » Wed May 22, 2024 10:47 pm

jona77 wrote:We have a choice of a party who frankly haven’t achieved that much in the years they have been in office

Oh I don't know. They 'got Brexit dun' and Liz Truss screwed the economy in the most impressive manner ever known. I'm sure there's been other achievements worth listing?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby P/T Indie » Thu May 23, 2024 6:18 am

If only the monster raving looney party had a candidate round here I would vote for them. Their manifesto is a good read!
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Billy bodger » Thu May 23, 2024 7:21 am

I always thought the time one the Tories got in and then Labour and then back to the Tories was the best of times because no party had time to uck the country up. Things plodded around but. “ England swings like a pendulum do…”

Then suddenly a party got in for 10 yrs and messed us up by having to much power and going stale with ideas.

We had Thatcher we changed us forever!
I remember the days of milk and honey under Blair (before it all went stale) and Starmer will bring it back!!

Then just now the hit show from 13 yrs of the Tories!!!

Who ever gets in it will be a mess, it won’t change a thing in the long term, we will still be in for a ruff ride.
Billy bodger

Postby Wild Bill » Thu May 23, 2024 7:33 am

Sunak mentioned controlling debt yesterday. Is this the national debt that's increased £380 million a day for the 5000 days the Tories have been in power? He and his party work for the wealthiest.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby redrobo » Thu May 23, 2024 11:56 am

Wild Bill wrote:Sunak mentioned controlling debt yesterday. Is this the national debt that's increased £380 million a day for the 5000 days the Tories have been in power? He and his party work for the wealthiest.

.....and Starmer and Co work for the poorest :lol: :lol: .....dream on....ALL politicians work for themselves
redrobo

Postby twosheds » Thu May 23, 2024 12:39 pm

redrobo wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:Sunak mentioned controlling debt yesterday. Is this the national debt that's increased £380 million a day for the 5000 days the Tories have been in power? He and his party work for the wealthiest.

.....and Starmer and Co work for the poorest :lol: :lol: .....dream on....ALL politicians work for themselves

I disagree....not all politicians are as bad as you claim...Jack Straw, Frank Field to name just two did a cracking job...and you need to ket that Caps Lock button looked...at it keeps sticking... ;) :D
twosheds

Postby twosheds » Thu May 23, 2024 12:43 pm

redrobo wrote:

I disagree....not all politicians are as bad as you claim...Jack Straw, Frank Field to name just two did a cracking job...and you need to have a look at that Caps Lock button .. it keeps sticking... ;) :D
twosheds

Postby Keith » Thu May 23, 2024 2:37 pm

redrobo wrote:

It is funny. You support the Tories, until people point out what the Tories have done that is crap, and then you claim all politicians are the same.

In reality, most politicians are decent people, trying to do the best they can, as they believe it to be. As an example, whenever I've heard Caroline Nokes talking about children & families, she did so passionately and positively. She's been supported by 'Fathers for Justice' for her stance. She was one of the Tory MP's who voted against Johnson, which stopped him having a 'no deal Brexit'. There are plenty of decent Tory MP's who I would simply disagree with on policies, but who genuinely believe in what they are doing for the people who they represent. I met Karen Bradley at the TT a few years ago. She was then Conservative Secretary of State for Northern Ireland. It is a job that pretty much puts you on a terrorist 'death list' for the rest of your life. She's a 'bike fan. I was chatting with her (most certainly not about politics!) She was really nice. She'd 'hand-picked' her close protection team for a few days on the Isle of Man, through conversations with them about 'bike racing, so the guys who were with her were all TT fans, rather than simply 'allocated'. A nice, reasonable human being, even though I'd disagree with most of her political beliefs. Even David Cameron had decent points that I agreed with, for example introducing marriage equality.

If anyone had the time, I reckon if expenses were looked at, the MP's with the biggest expenses would be the ones who are most self-serving. And MP's who claimed mileage while not even in the country would definitely be self-serving... not that anyone would do that...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... chdog.html
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion