Next manager ...

Postby Redalert1970 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:25 pm

Who does everyone want as new manager

Personally I think someone with league 1 and league 2 experience

John Coleman would be the 1 for me
Redalert1970

Re: Next manager ...

Postby Relapsed_Shrimp » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:29 pm

Think we have to give Coleman a go, it's the obvious choice. What's less obvious is what they could offer him - if anything.
Relapsed_Shrimp

Postby Old Man Kensey » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:30 pm

Who'd want it?
What have we got to offer?
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby KenH » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:36 pm

I think Coleman may be up to the challenge on a short term basis, especially if he has no other offers.

But whoever it is going to be, it needs to happen fast, as other clubs are publishing their retained/released lists and we need to grab any local lads, particularly from Accrington! (Assuming the embargo is somewhere near to being lifted).
KenH

Postby Keith » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:38 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:Who'd want it?

There are plenty of managers who are out of work and would welcome a job. Whether they'd be welling to take a risk on having a likely relegation on their CV, who knows. On the other side, even keeping us up would look great on a CV, so a gamble that could pay off for someone?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Billy bodger » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:01 pm

Ged must have done what he thought was best for himself and who can blame him. Good luck to him till they play us.

Who ever comes in they have a really hard job, probably a complete new squad that they will have to assemble and get going for next season. Derek Adam’s managed to do it last year so it possible, but what calibre of player can Morecambe attract?

If we had handed out some two year contracts last season we would have been in a better place either by them staying or by the club selling them to bring in much needed money.

This next season will be pivotal in keeping League football at the Mazuma, so I think experience will play a factor in who the BOD’s pick as the next Manager.

Now the season is over concentrate on getting that Embargo lifted A.S.A.P.
Billy bodger

Postby Keith » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:19 pm

Billy bodger wrote:
Derek Adam’s managed to do it last year so it possible...

Derek did a brilliant job last season, but he started with six players. Whoever comes in this season has one senior player, and complete chaos. If last season was brilliant, repeating the trick this, will be incredible. More likely, an impossible job.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:27 pm

“ Johnny Coleman Football Genius “
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby black morse » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:32 pm

Keith wrote:
Billy bodger wrote:

Derek did a brilliant job last season, but he started with six players. Whoever comes in this season has one senior player, and complete chaos. If last season was brilliant, repeating the trick this, will be incredible. More likely, an impossible job.

As you say Keith an impossible job. How do any of us think we can attract any useful players when we have no money to pay the VAT bill let alone give out new contracts. That leaves fielding Charlie Brown, 5 loanees, if any club will loan to us, and the rest of the team being academy players. Nobody likes the thought of administration but I can't see any other way unless we find a new owner.... :roll: ...we'll be lucky to be in league 2 next season..
black morse

Postby Old Man Kensey » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:49 pm

Keith wrote:
Old Man Kensey wrote:Who'd want it?

There are plenty of managers who are out of work and would welcome a job. Whether they'd be welling to take a risk on having a likely relegation on their CV, who knows. On the other side, even keeping us up would look great on a CV, so a gamble that could pay off for someone?

No CEO, unpaid tax bill, no idea of budget, one player under contract, your wages might be paid late, further points deductions a probability... It's not an easy sell.

If your manager has jumped ship to be an assistant at the same level, with a year left on his contract, I'd want to know what the he'll was going on before applying.
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby Billy bodger » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:19 pm

black morse wrote:
Keith wrote:
Billy bodger wrote:

As you say Keith an impossible job. How do any of us think we can attract any useful players when we have no money to pay the VAT bill let alone give out new contracts. That leaves fielding Charlie Brown, 5 loanees, if any club will loan to us, and the rest of the team being academy players. Nobody likes the thought of administration but I can't see any other way unless we find a new owner.... :roll: ...we'll be lucky to be in league 2 next season..

Well each to their own! but we will have a better chance if we don’t go into administration. It is the only chance we have if a buyer isn’t found that JW will sell to.

I expect a 3 point deduction for late payment of wages and going into administration would usually a 12 point reduction. With somewhere up to -15 point deduction it would be way to much a deficit to over come.

Concentrate on getting the embargo lifted, thou I do believe we can still sign players with no Club, it’s called ‘Staffing up’! A Club can have a squad of 23 players of professional standing, this helps keep the integrity of the league.

Once our existing players contracts end and they leave the Club and the loan players are sent back, I would think we can begin to ‘Staff Up’. I would also think now Ged has gone that would not probably not start until a new manager has been appointed.

If I’m wrong I am sure someone will pull me up, but that is how I read the embargo rules. We cannot buy anyone but we can bring in out of contract players once we only have Charlie left or if an extension clause is taken up by those who have one in their contracts.

Good luck to the BOD’s with all of that, it’s all just a terrible time.
Billy bodger

Postby Keith » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:29 pm

Billy bodger wrote:...thou I do believe we can still sign players with no Club, it’s called ‘Staffing up’! A Club can have a squad of 23 players of professional standing, this helps keep the integrity of the league.

Once our existing players contracts end and they leave the Club and the loan players are sent back, I would think we can begin to ‘Staff Up’.

We cannot buy anyone but we can bring in out of contract players

We've not bought anyone for a very long time, so that side of it doesn't really cause us an issue. The only other thing that I'm not sure about regarding the embargo, is, can we pay 'signing on fees' etc? I'm sure agents are supposed to have their player's interests at heart, but in reality, will being under embargo reduce what they can get, so they'll try and send player somewhere else, that is more lucrative for the agent?

I doubt if we're even competing with National League clubs, when it comes to signing players. Max out the loan market, which is where we need a 'trusted' manager.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:35 pm

Keith wrote:
Billy bodger wrote:...thou I do believe we can still sign players with no Club, it’s called ‘Staffing up’! A Club can have a squad of 23 players of professional standing, this helps keep the integrity of the league.

Once our existing players contracts end and they leave the Club and the loan players are sent back, I would think we can begin to ‘Staff Up’.

We cannot buy anyone but we can bring in out of contract players

We've not bought anyone for a very long time, so that side of it doesn't really cause us an issue. The only other thing that I'm not sure about regarding the embargo, is, can we pay 'signing on fees' etc? I'm sure agents are supposed to have their player's interests at heart, but in reality, will being under embargo reduce what they can get, so they'll try and send player somewhere else, that is more lucrative for the agent?

I doubt if we're even competing with National League clubs, when it comes to signing players. Max out the loan market, which is where we need a 'trusted' manager.

I think you're right BB as to who we can sign and you raise a good point Keith. As for the loan market have 'maxed' the 5 loan players for at least the last two seasons with reasonable success but we can only sign 5.
black morse

Postby Angler1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:47 pm

I think if we are deducted 15 points at the start of next season then it will be our last year in the league 2.
Angler1

Postby Born again Bill » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:47 pm

Feel so sorry for Charlie Brown , hope he has a get out clause to escape this shit show !!!
Born again Bill

Postby CityShrimp » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:59 pm

I can’t see any decent manager - or players - touching us with a barge pole.

Would you accept a job at a company that had paid wages late TWICE in the last few months, and where the company’s financial situation was more likely to get even worse than improve, with ongoing rumours/talk of administration? You wouldn’t entertain it unless you were desperate and had no other options.

Even if Bond Group put another ‘support package’ in place to provide a budget for this coming season, I would expect that the quality of manager and players we will attract will be very low.

We need a sale to happen to resolve this and unfortunately on the balance of probability I think administration is more likely to happen first.
CityShrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:31 pm

Can we even get a manger at the moment if there is uncertainty about paying the next couple of months wages and we can't sign players maybe we can't even advertise for a manger.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:55 pm

I would assume John Coleman would want to bring his mate Jimmy Bell?
If so, what about Fitz, has he left also?

Anyone coming in will need to own very large barge poles
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Redalert1970 » Wed May 01, 2024 4:01 am

Jimmy Bell is currently the manager of Clitheroe
Redalert1970

Postby marky No.1 » Wed May 01, 2024 6:40 am

Oh right, they have fallen out then... has Fitz gone?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Wed May 01, 2024 7:18 am

Born again Bill wrote:Feel so sorry for Charlie Brown , hope he has a get out clause to escape this shit show !!!

Oh, don't feel sorry for him. "Charlie Brown" is the first name on the team sheet!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed May 01, 2024 7:22 am

Redalert1970 wrote:Jimmy Bell is currently the manager of Clitheroe

Only until the end of the current season just concluded John.

He was helping them out temporarily.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby vvm » Wed May 01, 2024 8:02 am

black morse wrote:
I think you're right BB as to who we can sign and you raise a good point Keith. As for the loan market have 'maxed' the 5 loan players for at least the last two seasons with reasonable success but we can only sign 5.

Think we can sign as many loans as we like but can only name 5 in the match day squad.
vvm

Postby dazza » Wed May 01, 2024 8:04 am

personally john coleman wouldnt be for me - as a player he was a club legend i respect that
but i think thats where it should stay

i have watched his and his assistants behaviour many times on there bench when visiting here and also at stanley and they just leave a sour taste that jimmy bell he deffo lives up to his name bell

derek - i think its wishful thinking i think his time is done here he wont want the shit show once again

so god knows who -

i presume the players know what they are doing as the silence is deafening but who would now be in control of offering contracts and deciding who we want to keep surely thats not another job for rod !!!
****dazza****
dazza

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed May 01, 2024 8:13 am

dazza wrote:personally john coleman wouldnt be for me - as a player he was a club legend i respect that
but i think thats where it should stay

i have watched his and his assistants behaviour many times on there bench when visiting here and also at stanley and they just leave a sour taste that jimmy bell he deffo lives up to his name bell

derek - i think its wishful thinking i think his time is done here he wont want the shit show once again

so god knows who -

i presume the players know what they are doing as the silence is deafening but who would now be in control of offering contracts and deciding who we want to keep surely thats not another job for rod !!!

I would think Mick Horton will be helping Rod in respect of contracts etc
Gone_Shrimping

Next

Return to General Discussion