Ged has LEFT the building

Re: Ged has LEFT the building

Postby Billy bodger » Wed May 01, 2024 7:27 am

If I am right a retained list has to be published round about now, so we should know something about that this week. I would say they will all be released because all bar one has their contract expiring. So why carry on paying their contract in full when basically they will be looking at options.

Any player that cannot get a club in the next 13/15 weeks might want to play at Morecambe but the Club cannot wait for them.

No, get a new manager in A.S.A.P. Preferably an experienced one with good contacts throughout the game.

I prepare a good mixture of older professionals, been their done that, good journeymen who have been in higher leagues or promotion/ relegation fights, or own youngsters that are given a chance and hungry loan players from the championship.

That would be a sound way to go but can Morecambe do that in their current position. It is not going to be dam well easy. Good luck to who ever takes over, they will need it.
Billy bodger

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed May 01, 2024 7:32 am

Billy bodger wrote:No, get a new manager in A.S.A.P. Preferably an experienced one with good contacts throughout the game.

I prepare a good mixture of older professionals, been their done that, good journeymen who have been in higher leagues or promotion/ relegation fights, or own youngsters that are given a chance and hungry loan players from the championship.

That would be a sound way to go but can Morecambe do that in their current position. It is not going to be dam well easy. Good luck to who ever takes over, they will need it.

As you say, Morecambe cannot do that.

Using the "journeyman" suggestion, Phil Brown. Been there in Premier League with Bolton and Hull.

Just been given a TWO YEAR contract with Vanarama National League North club, Kidderminster Harriers.

We simply CANNOT compete. Sadly.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed May 01, 2024 7:47 am

Seasider9601 wrote:
Billy bodger wrote:No, get a new manager in A.S.A.P. Preferably an experienced one with good contacts throughout the game.

As you say, Morecambe cannot do that.

Using the "journeyman" suggestion, Phil Brown. Been there in Premier League with Bolton and Hull.

Just been given a TWO YEAR contract with Vanarama National League North club, Kidderminster Harriers.

We simply CANNOT compete. Sadly.

A relief to know that Sun Tan Man won't be coming to manage Morecambe :lol: :lol: :lol:

I suspect that the board know who they want but unless Whittingham sells up then we are in limbo.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby vvm » Wed May 01, 2024 10:52 am

Wonder if the compensation received for Ged was what we used to pay the April wages?

If not I wonder if that money + the budget that must have already been allocated to pay him for the following year would all be put towards whoever we get in next. That might be wishful thinking and in reality that money will be used to fight more immediate fires.
vvm

Postby redrobo » Fri May 03, 2024 10:51 am

Just had a chance to listen to Ged's last interview on Radio Lancashire where he says about other things going on behind the scenes that affected his decision to leave.

Wonder if that means that not ALL the lame can beat at the feet of the pirate Jason.. :?: :?: :?: and that the BoDs have to share if only partial blame...and that coming from myself who usually has full support inout board.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Fri May 03, 2024 4:36 pm

Rumours were circulating before the game last week before the non wage payment occured that he was off back to Accy. Easy excuse and he's happy to going back to being a number two!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Previous

Return to General Discussion