Questions

Questions

Postby dazza » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:10 pm

Surely someone must know some answers

Who at the club speaks with Jason re club decisions

How often do these conversations happen when was he last in talks with ceo or board

Who decides what the budget for playing staff is

When is the vat bill being payed to enable embargo to be lifted

Is that a club directors decision re funds or is it Jason’s decision

Any one with any more ??
****dazza****
dazza

Re: Questions

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:17 pm

My question is how much is the vat bill? Also, why has there not been a proper explanation about this vat bill? All we fans have heard about this bill is complete gobbledegook!!!
fulwoodshrimp

Postby black morse » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:21 pm

fulwoodshrimp wrote:My question is how much is the vat bill? Also, why has there not been a proper explanation about this vat bill? All we fans have heard about this bill is complete gobbledegook!!!

Exactly. Up to now the BoDs have had the complete support in their struggles against a non co-operative owner but why the secrecy over this VAT bill? Just hope the players wages have been paid as it was said they were due on the 28th.

We can't go on like this :roll: No support whatever from the owner for whatever reason, I'm amazed that the board haven't resigned on block by now. In fact I'm beginning to think they should.
black morse

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:35 pm

black morse wrote:
fulwoodshrimp wrote:My question is how much is the vat bill? Also, why has there not been a proper explanation about this vat bill? All we fans have heard about this bill is complete gobbledegook!!!

Exactly. Up to now the BoDs have had the complete support in their struggles against a non co-operative owner but why the secrecy over this VAT bill? Just hope the players wages have been paid as it was said they were due on the 28th.

We can't go on like this :roll: No support whatever from the owner for whatever reason, I'm amazed that the board haven't resigned on block by now. In fact I'm beginning to think they should.

I put the question in a recent Trust/Board question and answer.

The reply was that it was "substantial and too big to find down the back of a sofa" !

We are treated as mushrooms , kept in the dark and have sh*t poured over us !

Until it's season ticket time and suddenly we are important :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Scouseport_Shrimp » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:42 pm

Too many people want answers
Too many people want more answers, or aren't content with the answers provided
Too many people jump to their own conclusions
That's Life these days
The whole World is a mess
Mother Earth will win in the end, humankind is on the brink
Feck all to do with a League Two family footie club.
Scouseport_Shrimp

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:28 pm

Scouseport_Shrimp wrote:Too many people want answers
That's Life these days

What! didn’t quite understand what the heck you are on about.
Billy bodger

Postby Scouseport_Shrimp » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:40 pm

Billy bodger wrote:
That's Life these days

Staightforward so far as I'm concerned. Too many people expect too many answers, that's the way of the world.
Scouseport_Shrimp

Postby Relapsed_Shrimp » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:01 pm

Over the next few days the usual close season messages will roll out. We'll get a generic message on the OWS confirming all the players have officially left - I also doubt the one signed on player will remain. In most working contracts, non payment of wages or delay is a clause the employee that exercise to break out. Who would blame him?

This time next weekend we'll still have no answers regarding the debt and future. It will for sure know we have no footballers.

We've backed the board far too long. They are making this a bigger mess.

I feel sorry for the community work and all the youth teams/Ladies too. So much at risk aside from the main team which people don't realise or comment on.
Relapsed_Shrimp

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:19 pm

That's Life these days

Billy bodger

Postby shrimpsontoast » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:58 pm

Remember that the club is an employer of people and a decent one at that. It’s possible that, in respect of some of these issues, the board take the view that it’s not the decent thing to do to hang employees out to dry (e.g. by admitting the club has made an error, if that is indeed the case) and there is a risk of employment tribunal claims? If that is the case, then these demands from fans for details about the state of play really do put them in a very difficult position indeed. Who’d be a director of a football club…
shrimpsontoast

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:26 pm

Relapsed_Shrimp wrote:Over the next few days the usual close season messages will roll out. We'll get a generic message on the OWS confirming all the players have officially left - I also doubt the one signed on player will remain. In most working contracts, non payment of wages or delay is a clause the employee that exercise to break out. Who would blame him?

This time next weekend we'll still have no answers regarding the debt and future. It will for sure know we have no footballers.

We've backed the board far too long. They are making this a bigger mess.

I feel sorry for the community work and all the youth teams/Ladies too. So much at risk aside from the main team which people don't realise or comment on.

I would think the released list will be tomorrow , it was the Monday last year.

Shrewsbury did their retained list today which is quick.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:31 pm

Don't think our retained list will take long

All players left apart from Charlie Brown

All loan players back to there parent clubs
Redalert1970

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:56 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Don't think our retained list will take long

All players left apart from Charlie Brown

All loan players back to there parent clubs

Our friend Nixon thinks Jake Taylor is wanted by Notts County and Walsall.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:41 pm

Apparently Notts County are looking at signing Rawson as well
Redalert1970

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:51 pm

The players who were offered contracts but chose not to sign them are obviously going, and the players not offered contracts, are apparently not wanted. That pretty much covers everyone then.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:57 pm

Whatever happens and whoever is in charge next season they will have the hardest managers job of any Morecambe manager

Good luck too whoever it is
Redalert1970

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:20 am

I would think Morecambe would not sack Ged, financially could not do it! So Ged would have to walk, will he do it? We wait, now the season is over all teams will be reviewing the situation, opportunities may arise for him elsewhere? So it’s all one of those, but as it has been said in Morecambe’s current situations who ever is the manager they have a heck of a job, it will not be any better than what ever Ged has had to put up with.
Billy bodger

Postby vvm » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:12 am

Billy bodger wrote:I would think Morecambe would not sack Ged, financially could not do it! So Ged would have to walk, will he do it? We wait, now the season is over all teams will be reviewing the situation, opportunities may arise for him elsewhere? So it’s all one of those, but as it has been said in Morecambe’s current situations who ever is the manager they have a heck of a job, it will not be any better than what ever Ged has had to put up with.

He's been very strongly linked with returning to Accrington as their assistant manager. Interviews from both sides suggest the offer is very real so I think it will be up to him to decide really. I think if things behind the scenes get sorted, he will stay. He's made it clear in the past he wants to be a manager, not an assistant. If he hasn't got any kind of assurances on budget and players for next season or even if he'll be paid then I can understand him making the switch for the security. It might be a step back for him career wise but if we start next season on -12 points and a youthful, inexperienced side then we will be relegated and that will look very poor on his cv also.
vvm

Postby Scouseport_Shrimp » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:14 am

Keith wrote:The players who were offered contracts but chose not to sign them are obviously going, and the players not offered contracts, are apparently not wanted. That pretty much covers everyone then.

There ought to be a Shrimpsvoices Posting of the Week award. I think the one above would be difficult to beat, its a shame it had to be posted late on A Sunday night.....short, sharp, unambiguous.

Does the Shrimpsvoices Week start on a Sunday or Monday. :?: ;)
Scouseport_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion