GB interview post Swindon

GB interview post Swindon

Postby redrobo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:50 pm

No link at the moment but GB did post match interview with Quinny on Radio Lancashire.

Sounded upbeat and was full of praise for the fans and for our 16 year old goal scorer.

Unfortunately it was cut short so hopefully full interview on the clubs OWS assuming that the BoDs clear it for putting on the site.

Radio Lancashire summarizer reckons that the way forward for clubs like us is to concentrate of developing our own under 23 players with maybe 4 experienced players around them in key positions.
redrobo

Re: GB interview post Swindon

Postby John L » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:27 pm

It might appear on here tomorrow or Monday:
https://www.beyondradio.co.uk/news/local-sport/
John L

Postby redrobo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:59 pm

https://twitter.com/hashtag/bbcfootball ... htag_click

Radio Lancashire link. Need to scroll down few others first.
redrobo

Postby John L » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:01 pm

John L

Postby Billy bodger » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:21 pm

I feel for Ged and what he has put up with, he has had hell of a job. If he goes for me it will be regretful, in my humble opinion, but understandable, as he said what would you do?

All in all I hope the Club keep him, I think he will make it as a manager here or somewhere else. We wait and see but as I keep saying we have had lots of young lads on loan in the 18 to 21 range why not use our own?

if he can blend youth and experience he will do alright, he just needs to find a prolific finisher, but everyone does. I also would go non league hunting for that, non league can throw up a player if you look in the right place.

After all the bad news of this last week I wish that there is a turn of fortune for Morecambe FC.

The humble shrimp is a remarkable creature and we have the famous Morecambe Bay Shrimp exported around the world. The overall world shrimping industry is worth billions world wide.

There is already one owner of a big multi-national firm whom already owns one English Football Club, maybe we should be looking at seeing if another wealthy owner would want to own a Football Club, one who’s badge has a shrimp on it and the nick name ‘The Shrimps’.

There are large companies in India, United States, Thailand, Taiwan, Spain, Greece, Denmark and China. The Global Shrimping market is valued at over $68 Billion. We live in hope.
Billy bodger

Postby John L » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 pm

John L

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:37 am

Surprising our released list hasn't been put out yet.

Quite a few clubs like Carlisle , Accrington , Grimsby have published theirs.

Is it world straw clutching championships to think something going on behind the scenes to trigger extensions :o :o :o :o :o
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Billy bodger » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:11 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Surprising our released list hasn't been put out yet.

Quite a few clubs like Carlisle , Accrington , Grimsby have published theirs.

Is it world straw clutching championships to think something going on behind the scenes to trigger extensions :o :o :o :o :o

I don’t think the release list is of little importance except for Charlie, they are all out of Contract.
Now if any one of them has decided to stay that would be good to know.
Billy bodger

Postby CityShrimp » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:31 pm

The one interesting thing a retained/released list would tell us is which players have been offered a new contract.

(Albeit none could sign the contracts offered anyway because of the embargo. And would any of them in their right minds be interested in re-signing right now?… )
CityShrimp

Return to General Discussion