Hope this is just rumour

Re: Hope this is just rumour

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:14 pm

redrobo wrote:The only person responsible for all this is the current owner who with loans having a huge interest charged on repayment is not in my view serious in his desire to sell our club. After all he's making money out of our demise.

I genuinely don't think that is what is going on. Whittingham has £30,000 of fines from the EFL, and presumably there will be more after this weekend. Is he really getting more than £30k interest on loans? Even if he is, would whatever balance there is, make it worth his while risking the cash that he has loaned the business? If we go into Administration, he's losing most of that money.

I've no idea what is going on, but I really don't think it is about interest making him money. There is SOMETHING going on, I'm just not convinced it is this.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Billy bodger » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:26 am

Those calling for the Club to go into administration, well this is a step nearer, it’s a mirroring of the Worcester Warriors plight.

Why on earth wait till now to do this? We don’t know his personnel circumstances but going into administration protects him, if I understand it right. That does not protect the Club, in the end it’s an asset of his.

To everyone of us (the fans) it’s different things but it’s the same ‘OUR CLUB’.

If the Club is run separately from his other businesses what’s going on at our end? Has the fight gone?
Has that fight stopped this from happening sooner?

Has it been a deliberate act? Part of a chain of events?

Most of all where will we by in August?

From the report in the Gaurdian and the ‘Kids remark’ and the question ‘what would you do?’. yesterdays announcement and rumours I think the **** well and truly hit the fan and is any attempt to get to the end of the season ultimately futile in saving the club?

Is Not paying wages on time a lesser charge than not fulfilling a fixture? I can only think that’s why some players have got actually got paid if that report is right!

Debt, embargo, people leaving, wages late, ticket sales that where slow probably now completely ended and the new charges the club will undoubtedly have slapped on them it’s a Cool Cool Summer over the Mazuma.

Bring me sunshine……….a brand new bright tomorrow!
Billy bodger

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:31 am

I think Jason hasn't got a pot to piss in that's the issue so has cashflow problems every month when he needs to transfer money to the club for wages.

Are HMRC still after him for Worcester?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:48 am

Problem is the EFL are far too weak to do anything about these corrupt people

They bow down to the premiership but it's about time they started looking after their own

We have already lost Bury and Macclesfield ..how many have to suffer before the EFL actually sit up and actually do something
Redalert1970

Postby Ispyshrimp » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:53 am

The EFL have no interest in L2 Clubs, like many others in life they just want to line their own pockets which benefits no one else, Hence rolling over with the new FA cup format.

The Pyramid is broken and has been for many years
Ispyshrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:03 am

I can't believe some are voting for a ldrop to regional league football as a solution to our problems. For me, due to money at the top, football is now dysfunctional and needs regulation. You shouldn't need a millionaire pumping money in to make a club function. We have a small modern stadium that's two thirds full most weeks, offfield revenues and yet we still lose money. Sure, Jason does nothing for the club and hasn't got a pot to piss in, but we shouldn't be in this position. If we went part time, our crowds would probably dwindle and a lot of costs would remain the same.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby John L » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:32 am

P/T Indie wrote:I think Jason hasn't got a pot to piss in that's the issue so has cashflow problems every month when he needs to transfer money to the club for wages.

I agree mate. He seems to be an inept businessman who's lost control and is struggling to rub two pennies together.
John L

Postby CityShrimp » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:47 am

I’ve felt for some time now that administration is the only way this ends and yesterday’s news confirms that for me. I’d go as far as saying that I’d welcome administration with open arms. It will be horrible but Jason getting his price and willingly selling the club is just a fantasy and probably was all along, so this is the only way to get him out and let us start fresh.
CityShrimp

Postby Billy bodger » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:48 am

I have reread the Club statement it seems that they still take this blokes word that the money will be there, what the hell do they expect from this guy, honesty!!

Will the BOD’s continue to flog themselves (or delude?) that they by their great efforts can save this Club. There were many similar people at Worcester Warriors and all their efforts did not save them.

The BOD’s statement late last year after wages went unpaid, for me, was a sign of hope but it has proved with one thing after another that they cannot do anything about Whittington, he is a headless chicken scurrying around playing the businessman on scrapes of corn left in the gutter.

They really must think about their position and what is best for the Club, is it best to stay and fight on or has the time come to once again think like last year about their continued (and sometimes really under appreciated efforts), to keep things going?

As I have stated the fans can do nothing but moan, rant and rave, I have purchased my season ticket for next year and I hope I am at the Mazuma to support this Club.
Billy bodger

Postby black morse » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:01 am

Let's face it things have gone from bad to worse over the last few years. There must have been some nearly impossible times for the board week after week. Things have now come to a head and I don't think we can cling on to our league status anymore. If Whittingham has no money (which seems likely) and the club has no money then surely the only option is administration and all that goes with it.

Very very sad :( :( :(
black morse

Previous

Return to General Discussion