Ged Brannon on the move?

Ged Brannon on the move?

Postby twosheds » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:42 pm

“I’m a positive person, I’m happy and I’ve loved every minute of being here.

“Where I’m sitting (in his office), I’ve got 24 players on the board.

“There’s one player signed on (Charlie Brown), nine or 10 were offered contracts two or three months ago – and none of them can sign (because of the embargo) – and they all have other options.

We will see what happens in the next week or so, we will see what the board says.

“There’s an embargo, there’s no budget and one player for next season, so what would you do?

“If we start next season with a young squad and lose five or six games, then who gets sacked?

“I’m not money-driven but there comes a time when you’ve got to think what’s the best option for yourself – and with what I’ve just said, tell me what’s the best option?
twosheds

Re: Ged Brannon on the move?

Postby Angler1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:44 pm

Best option ,back to Accrington and a guaranteed job and pay.
Angler1

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:09 pm

Does he need a lift?
BerlinWaller

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:28 pm

Looks like it's back to Accy then Ged.
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby twosheds » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:44 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Does he need a lift?

So you won't be wishing him a fond farewell... ;) :D
twosheds

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:44 pm

Angler1 wrote:Best option ,back to Accrington and a guaranteed job and pay.

Our greatest ever Manager has been labelled a traitor for taking similar actions. We are one step away from holding a vigil outside the Arndale for poor Ged though.
BerlinWaller

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:46 pm

twosheds wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Does he need a lift?

So you won't be wishing him a fond farewell... ;) :D

He has tried his best and given us some good moments, i'll be first to say that. It's football, it's never personal but it is best for both parties that he moves on in my opinion.
BerlinWaller

Postby vvm » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:56 pm

I won't be gutted to see him leave but I would worry at the prospect of who we might get to replace him.
vvm

Postby Billy bodger » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:17 pm

Tranmere ? Or just back to Accy, with how it gone for him since March and the state of the Club if he goes, it’s probably for the best. He gave us hope for a bit, but Doncaster would have caught us!
Billy bodger

Postby Redalert1970 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:33 pm

Managers and players come and go it`s the reality of football

This season, next season and every season will be the same
Redalert1970

Postby Keith » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:38 pm

The 'Delusional Crew' know that Derek is still out of work, so they expect him to be beating a path to the club. Again.

I wouldn't blame Ged for going (as I didn't blame Derek either time). The club is in a far worse state than ever before, with no sign of getting sorted. :cry:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby red shrimp » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:24 am

I for one really hope he goes, with all that is happening above, we need an experienced manager with good contacts who can steer us through murky waters, Ged clearly hasn't got the fight or the minerals in my opinion. So I won't be sad to see him leave. The sooner the better.
red shrimp

Postby Old Man Kensey » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am

red shrimp wrote:I for one really hope he goes, with all that is happening above, we need an experienced manager with good contacts who can steer us through murky waters, Ged clearly hasn't got the fight or the minerals in my opinion. So I won't be sad to see him leave. The sooner the better.

The big problem with that is we probably cannot afford an experienced manager, which is why Ged got the job in the first place. Secondly who the hell would want to join our current circus show?
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:39 am

Old Man Kensey wrote:
red shrimp wrote:I for one really hope he goes, with all that is happening above, we need an experienced manager with good contacts who can steer us through murky waters, Ged clearly hasn't got the fight or the minerals in my opinion. So I won't be sad to see him leave. The sooner the better.

The big problem with that is we probably cannot afford an experienced manager, which is why Ged got the job in the first place. Secondly who the hell would want to join our current circus show?

There is only 2 candidates and they both know the club and the board so nothing would surprise them ! Derek Adams and John Coleman.

Our directors probably get on better with Coley than Andy Holt !
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:43 am

Old Man Kensey wrote:

Exactly this.

Just as a bit of context of the "haves" and "have nots", Kidderminster Harriers - newly relegated to the Vanarama National League North - have just awarded a TWO YEAR contract to the King of the Sunbeds - that ageing old dinosaur, Phil Brown.

How do we compete with that ?
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby red shrimp » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:51 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
Old Man Kensey wrote:

There is only 2 candidates and they both know the club and the board so nothing would surprise them ! Derek Adams and John Coleman.

Our directors probably get on better with Coley than Andy Holt !

There are only 72 EFL clubs, there a loads of managers out of work who would love to get back on the ladder. Ged won't be on peanuts, it would still be a good opportunity for an out of work manager.

Don't forget, our CEO told us that there was 50 applicants when Derek left, or are we saying that he lied to us?

Also, I know it was a different situation when JB left, but I remember being told that nobody would do a better job than Jim, and nobody would want to join little old Morecambe, then walks in Derek Adams, our greatest ever manager. The rest is history.
red shrimp

Postby Billy bodger » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:59 am

The Club have not put the interview with Ged on the website, I usually watch it Thurs night the day it’s usually posted, so that’s very disconcerting.

I have thou read what has been reported in the Lancaster Gaurdian and wow that’s a massive, massive change from 5/4 weeks ago when he said he’d be at Morecambe if they want me.

I hope the Club post it I want to see how he delivered it and his body language. I have supported him and how he changed how Morecambe played under Derek but if he wants to go I suppose it’s his personal choice. I can only think he’s had enough of the situation at the Club, he knows what the situation is with the players he offered contracts and he knows probably (who knows with the silence), his budget is going to be dismal unless that multi million air person or consortium comes in.

I just hope they are all professional in the last game of the season, give us a swan song, with a performance they have in them but has slowly died off.
Billy bodger

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:58 am

I think the three point deduction was psychologically a kick in the teeth for everyone, as it mathematically ended any dream of a play-off. I doubt if anyone realistically thought we'd make it, but to have it taken away in that manner, we've looked half-hearted ever since. Also, not knowing what has gone on with the contract extension triggers, if it is someone's cock-up that Ged has lost [say] JJ & others, he must be wondering how incompetent we can get? Alternatively, if it is his cock-up, he may have had a tough time from the board? Who knows? Definitely not us fans!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Old Man Kensey » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:07 am

The big problem with that is we probably cannot afford an experienced manager, which is why Ged got the job in the first place. Secondly who the hell would want to join our current circus show.

Our directors probably get on better with Coley than Andy Holt

There are only 72 EFL clubs, there a loads of managers out of work who would love to get back on the ladder. Ged won't be on peanuts, it would still be a good opportunity for an out of work manager.

Don't forget, our CEO told us that there was 50 applicants when Derek left, or are we saying that he lied to us?

Also, I know it was a different situation when JB left, but I remember being told that nobody would do a better job than Jim, and nobody would want to join little old Morecambe, then walks in Derek Adams, our greatest ever manager. The rest is history.

We may well have had 50 applications but could we afford the wages that they would expect/demand?
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby red shrimp » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:12 am

Old Man Kensey wrote:
The big problem with that is we probably cannot afford an experienced manager, which is why Ged got the job in the first place. Secondly who the hell would want to join our current circus show.

Our directors probably get on better with Coley than Andy Holt

We may well have had 50 applications but could we afford the wages that they would expect/demand?

If you're out of work and looking for a chance to get back into football management desperately then I am sure you'd be willing to negotiate a fair wage, it's better than being sat at home not bringing any money in at all.
red shrimp

Postby Billy bodger » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:26 am

Interview Still not on the website.
I wonder if any managers out of work have printed off their generic applications just in case. I also wonder if the Club get anywhere near the fifty that was talked about last time?

He’s here and here’s a reply, you have a game on Sat do your job and you still have 12 mths on your contract! Be positive a new season with most (not the main!!) problems solved, don’t be an Alan Hanson and think you cannot win anything with kids. Be an Alex Ferguson! Or look what Derek did at the beginning of last season with the youngsters he brought in. (and a blooming good job too, as it’s turned out).

Anybody know the situation at Tranmere?
Billy bodger

Postby red shrimp » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:01 pm

Accy Manager John Doolan on the Ged rumors.

"You never know, we'll see what happens"

The same response as Ged has given us.

They are taking the piss, get him gone now!
red shrimp

Postby dazza » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:34 pm

red shrimp wrote:Accy Manager John Doolan on the Ged rumors.

"You never know, we'll see what happens"

The same response as Ged has given us.

They are taking the piss, get him gone now!

=============================================================

get him gone now means sacking him
that would leave mfc liable for his contract

him leaving would make accy liable to honour his contract to mfc

mutual agreement looks like the best way out IF its what ged wants hes the one in control of the situation really
****dazza****
dazza

Postby al1 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:57 pm

I am sure there will be clauses in Geds contract that will mean he does not get it paid in full! But then again we have rumours of players contracts being mucked up.I will really miss the 'fantastic exciting attacking football' we have played under Ged :lol: .He should not have been given the job in the first place,and now the club is paying the price for this error.Bring back KING DEREK!
al1

Postby Phil Anderer » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:14 pm

Given Derek's entirely justifiable reasons for walking mid-season, I can't see him wanting to return when the club's even more of a shitshow than it was. Like others, I worry about who would want to come in, particularly when you consider Ged's a novice who, if he does go, is walking away from another 12 months on his contract at a club that can't afford to pay him to leave. If we can't keep him, who can we conceivably attract?
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Next

Return to General Discussion