Season Tickets sales

Season Tickets sales

Postby redrobo » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:57 am

Just a plea to all those holding back on buying their usual Season Ticket.

You all know that at the end of the day you will buy and continue to support OUR club.

Don't hold back as OUR club need the money to see us through the summer.

:) :) :)
redrobo

Re: Season Tickets sales

Postby Old Man Kensey » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:09 pm

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leag ... ttendances

We managed to edge over the 4000 mark for our average crowd. That is a brilliant achievement however I can see that figure falling next year.

Sales are down on this time last year (30% I believe). Lots of people holding off to see what happens off the field.
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby Redalert1970 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:16 pm

The silence is very worrying ... Personally think the embargo is a lot more than people are making out

We will know how bad after the Swindon game when we only have 1 player left in the building

I am starting to feel sorry for Charlie Brown
Redalert1970

Postby KenH » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:38 pm

I think it's inevitably that the club will have to extend the "early bird" discounts.

Just looking at the online seating plan for Block D as an example. Out of approximately 280 season tickets for the season just ending, only around 100 have been sold for next season, so only just over a third with just a week to go to the scheduled end of Early Bird discounts. That's an absolute disaster for the club and club funds. No reason to think that standing tickets and other seating blocks would be any different.

I think the club are going to have to do some serious marketing/discounting to get even half the number of season tickets sold compared to last year, which itself was down on the previous year. The club need the money and "bums on seats" and will have to do whatever it takes. They can't discount to any less than early buyers have already paid, so really the only thing that they can do is extend the early bird period to try to get as many people as possible at least buying tickets. If people aren't buying at the reduced price, they're certainly not going to buy when the price goes up!!
KenH

Postby Old Man Kensey » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:44 pm

KenH wrote:I think it's inevitably that the club will have to extend the "early bird" discounts.

Just looking at the online seating plan for Block D as an example. Out of approximately 280 season tickets for the season just ending, only around 100 have been sold for next season, so only just over a third with just a week to go to the scheduled end of Early Bird discounts. That's an absolute disaster for the club and club funds. No reason to think that standing tickets and other seating blocks would be any different.

I think the club are going to have to do some serious marketing/discounting to get even half the number of season tickets sold compared to last year, which itself was down on the previous year. The club need the money and "bums on seats" and will have to do whatever it takes. They can't discount to any less than early buyers have already paid, so really the only thing that they can do is extend the early bird period to try to get as many people as possible at least buying tickets. If people aren't buying at the reduced price, they're certainly not going to buy when the price goes up!!

I agree the Early Bird should be extended until the end of May. Makes you wonder why it is so early this season and I think that alone has put some people off.
Old Man Kensey

Postby Billy bodger » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:54 pm

redrobo wrote:Just a plea to all those holding back on buying their usual Season Ticket.

You all know that at the end of the day you will buy and continue to support OUR club.

Don't hold back as OUR club need the money to see us through the summer.

:) :) :)

Early bird season tickets are offered for a reason, as redrobo says OUR Club need the money to see us through the summer, so I endorse their plea to not hold back. I’ve just renewed today.

As I have said the early bird price only covers about 10/11 games if you just turn up, so get your early bird, you don’t have to go you know.

As others are saying why is the Club being so quiet on issues? It would have made sense to put the cut off date back 1-2 wks till the end of the season and the date where everyone will know what the players have decided to do.

In this industry the players have to protect themselves and you cannot blame any of them for waiting to see haw the land lies.

I hope I’m wrong, but I’m beginning to think the Club may have to operate to the early bird prices. It would be better to sell more tickets than lose to many supporters willing to shell out money at the moment because of how bad the situation is at the Club

All this will impact on the quality of players that will come and play for Morecambe.
Billy bodger

Postby Angler1 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:56 pm

I decided not to renew mine , I will just take in a few games next season.
Angler1

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:42 pm

I am waiting to see what happens regarding the embargo before renewing my ticket.

It would be good if a club statement could be issued to say what stage this has reached.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:50 pm

KenH wrote:I think it's inevitably that the club will have to extend the "early bird" discounts.

I think the club will wait until the early bird deadline day (May 1) before announcing that it has been put back otherwise it would deter anyone from renewing this week.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Old Man Kensey » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:15 pm

Something needs to be done.

If the club can't balance the books with an average crowd of 4000 what are they going to do if we lose a 1000?
Old Man Kensey

Postby deadorred70 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:31 pm

I notice theres no senior citizens discount ,could be more encouraging for old gits like me! ;)
deadorred70

Postby Billy bodger » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:13 pm

Or the Berlin Wallers who stand out in the rain.
Billy bodger

Postby Billy bodger » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 am

On Morecambe FC web site an article was posted by the Club yesterday ‘ TIME IS RUNNING OUT FOR EARLY BIRD SEASON TICKET RENEWALS’.

Are the Club oblivious to the fact that because of the lack of information coming from THEM, it is impacting on the early bird ticket sales. As posted by someone else it looks like seating tickets are down and you would expect standing ticket’s also to follow that trend. If early bird tickets sales are so vital to the Club why not give fans more information, to help the situation.

Now not everybody is on twitter or Facebook so what information is on there? I don’t know, is that where information goes now instead of the official website?

Are they hoping everybody will just come waddling back to watch 23 games, I agree there is a hard core of 1,500 or so devoted fans who love the Club and love watching live football and whatever will come and watch Morecambe. There are also another 1,500 newish fans that the Club have to hold onto, do the Club believe they can achieve that?

As Rod keeps on saying without the fans, etc etc. is a well repeated line. Ben is still on our payroll, well let’s hear something while your still here, the silence I would think is costing the Club money and I would hope he recognises that and acts.

All that must sound negative but the negativity emanating from the Club with all its problems is the core of the problem and the Club feeds us silence.

Harsh or what???
Billy bodger

Postby black morse » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:11 am

Billy bodger wrote:On Morecambe FC web site an article was posted by the Club yesterday ‘ TIME IS RUNNING OUT FOR EARLY BIRD SEASON TICKET RENEWALS’.

Are the Club oblivious to the fact that because of the lack of information coming from THEM, it is impacting on the early bird ticket sales. As posted by someone else it looks like seating tickets are down and you would expect standing ticket’s also to follow that trend. If early bird tickets sales are so vital to the Club why not give fans more information, to help the situation.

Now not everybody is on twitter or Facebook so what information is on there? I don’t know, is that where information goes now instead of the official website?

Are they hoping everybody will just come waddling back to watch 23 games, I agree there is a hard core of 1,500 or so devoted fans who love the Club and love watching live football and whatever will come and watch Morecambe. There are also another 1,500 newish fans that the Club have to hold onto, do the Club believe they can achieve that?

As Rod keeps on saying without the fans, etc etc. is a well repeated line. Ben is still on our payroll, well let’s hear something while your still here, the silence I would think is costing the Club money and I would hope he recognises that and acts.

All that must sound negative but the negativity emanating from the Club with all its problems is the core of the problem and the Club feeds us silence.

Harsh or what???

Yea, it is a bit harsh Billy. Do you seriously think that the board are not aware that the 'no news' situation is having an effect on season ticket sales? Do you seriously think that if there was any good news they would not release it? What would be gained in saying....'Sorry folks but nothing has changed at present"?
black morse

Postby Born again Bill » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:35 am

Harsh or what???[/quote]

Yea, it is a bit harsh Billy. Do you seriously think that the board are not aware that the 'no news' situation is having an effect on season ticket sales? Do you seriously think that if there was any good news they would not release it? What would be gained in saying....'Sorry folks but nothing has changed at present"?[/quote]

Yea, it is a bit harsh Billy. Do you seriously think that the board are not aware that the 'no news' situation is having an effect on season ticket sales? Do you seriously think that if there was any good news they would not release it? What would be gained in saying....'Sorry folks but nothing has changed at present"?[/quote]

Don’t think Billy’s comments are harsh at all , he is saying what a fair few will be thinking ,and yes a short statement from the club (even if there is no major updates ) will go a long way to putting minds at rest . Sadly I know of 8 people not renewing their tickets due mainly to the uncertainty , sad really :cry:
Born again Bill

Postby black morse » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:04 am

Born again Bill wrote:Harsh or what???

Don’t think Billy’s comments are harsh at all , he is saying what a fair few will be thinking ,and yes a short statement from the club (even if there is no major updates ) will go a long way to putting minds at rest . Sadly I know of 8 people not renewing their tickets due mainly to the uncertainty , sad really :cry:[/quote]

Sorry, I still don't see how a statement from the board saying nothing has changed can put minds at rest except to prove that the board is still there.
black morse

Postby Old Man Kensey » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:05 am

black morse wrote:
Billy bodger wrote:On Morecambe FC web site an article was posted by the Club yesterday ‘ TIME IS RUNNING OUT FOR EARLY BIRD SEASON TICKET RENEWALS’.

Harsh or what???

Yea, it is a bit harsh Billy. Do you seriously think that the board are not aware that the 'no news' situation is having an effect on season ticket sales? Do you seriously think that if there was any good news they would not release it? What would be gained in saying....'Sorry folks but nothing has changed at present"?

Not harsh at all, I would call it a fair assessment of the current situation. I know of several people holding off for some news.
Old Man Kensey

Postby Billy bodger » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:32 am

Just to clarify my intention was not to upset the BOD’s, fellow fans but I do not see how the continued silence is helping the situation and that’s my frustration! Probably like many, many more!!

To anyone who believes I’ve overstepped the mark, I’ve just been honest and if you read some of my other post you will know I purchased my early bird season ticket yesterday.

I have also stated in other posts that fans are much better getting a season ticket than picking games to come to, picking approx 10 games will come to your season ticket price.

I have been supportive of the BOD’s, of GED and the players in the main. I hope any criticism of them or the team has been constructive because that has been my intention.

I have been vocal in condemning The Bond Group ownership and of Jason Whittington which as many fans believe is their right. It’s nearly coming up to two years since the Club was put up for sale.

The one thing I have been consistent about is that the Club and it’s BOD’s do not communicate well with its fans. I have been criticised for this but in the main I believe the majority of supporters feel this way. We just keep asking one another ‘What’s going on’ or ‘Have you heard anything’. If the Club thinks silence is golden we shall see when we see next years attendances.

I want the ownership issue resolved, I want the Embargo situation resolved and I want the Club on an even keel and on the pitch playing good football and being able to get results. In the end my bottom line is I don’t want the Club to go out of the League, all backed up with good communication.

I have had my bit of a rant, it won’t change anything but some things need saying.
Billy bodger

Postby Phil Anderer » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:12 pm

Billy, I've got some good news for you on ticket sales...2 more sold this morning! ;)
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Billy bodger » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:05 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:Billy, I've got some good news for you on ticket sales...2 more sold this morning! ;)

Can always rely on Phil Anderer to cheer me up, maybe two this afternoon as well. Just a few days left, go on, get your renewal for the Shrimps and cheer up this old sceptic.
Billy bodger

Postby vvm » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:50 pm

Got to remember that with a season ticket you also get priority access to any away games that might be popular or have a small allocation. Could be a number of North West teams next season so it's always handy if it comes down to it.

There are also a number of hospitality offers throughout the season that you can take advantage of with a season ticket too. Upgrade your ticket to the hospitality lounge for £20 and stuff like that.
vvm

Postby KenH » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:19 pm

Billy bodger wrote:The one thing I have been consistent about is that the Club and it’s BOD’s do not communicate well with its fans. I have been criticised for this but in the main I believe the majority of supporters feel this way. We just keep asking one another ‘What’s going on’ or ‘Have you heard anything’. If the Club thinks silence is golden we shall see when we see next years attendances.

I think the bigger problem is that the club is a leaky sieve when it comes to "confidential" information. Nothing is actually kept 100% confidential. What you get to know is simply a matter of who you talk to and when, which alienates a lot of the fans who don't have close contacts in the inner circle. It also creates a rumour mill, where you just don't know what to believe, and like all rumours, the detail and accuracy is lost as it gets passed on.
KenH

Postby Hodgie1978 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:47 pm

If the club want to push season tickets sales they need to stop Ged doing interviews. Today's is horrible.
Hodgie1978

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:15 pm

Hodgie1978 wrote:If the club want to push season tickets sales they need to stop Ged doing interviews. Today's is horrible.

Must be on the verge of bringing the club in to disrepute. He has to remember that he is an employee of the club and his interviews have been horrific. Good luck to the club flogging season tickets to the floating fans that read this. Some will love it though, they love to wallow.
BerlinWaller

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:18 pm

KenH wrote: What you get to know is simply a matter of who you talk to and when, which alienates a lot of the fans who don't have close contacts in the inner circle. It also creates a rumour mill, where you just don't know what to believe, and like all rumours, the detail and accuracy is lost as it gets passed on.

This, in a nutshell.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Next

Return to General Discussion