Season Tickets sales

Re: Season Tickets sales

Postby RedRedWine » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:18 pm

I have no problem with anything Ged has said - he's being completely honest and open, which is refreshing. People might not like what he has said - which is basically:

We have one senior player signed on for next season
We have offered deals to 10 players under contract, but none of them can sign due to the ongoing embargo
All contracted players will be considering other options
He has no indication of what the budget will be for next season (although if this is the case, how come we've offered 10 players contracts? There must be some indication?)
He might have to consider his options if the complete uncertainty that surrounds the club continues - in his position, what would you do?

I'm not sure any of this would come to any surprise to any supporters renewing or looking to buy season tickets - so would therefore not impact their decision. Would you rather he said nothing, and carry on pretending that everything is fine whilst we continue to operate under an embargo? If so he should join the board of directors ;)
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby black morse » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:51 pm

A number of fans on here say they want know what's going on. Well Ged has told them and now 'he's bringing the club into disrepute'!!!!

And no BW I do not wallow in the situation that exists. Nobody wants it to be this way and I along with everyone else would love to hear some good news. Good news or bad we will hear something in the next few weeks as certain deadlines have been set down by the EFL for the emergency wages money to be replenished by the end of May from what I remember.
black morse

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:57 pm

Not doubting that he isn't telling the truth and we all know that he, like Derek, is trying to do his best at a shit show of a football club. Does the Club and it's fans need to be hearing all this negativity all the time? When Ged got the job, he refused to answer questions about the owner but now that he can't win a raffle he is happy to put it out there at every oppurtunity. We need somebody to be beating the drum,.somebody to get behind but Ged isn't doing that.
BerlinWaller

Postby Old Man Kensey » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:09 pm

Honesty from a decent bloke in a shit position.
The club have clearly broken him.
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby John L » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:26 pm

Please would someone post a link to the interview as it's (unsurprisingly by the sound of it) not on the club website?
John L

Postby Billy bodger » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:20 pm

Oh Bugger another problem it seems!
Billy bodger

Postby KenH » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:49 pm

No sane person is going to buy a season ticket in the next few days ahead of the early bird discount deadline given the club's perilous financial situation and seemingly one foul up after another. The board need to tell fans just what is happening if they seriously expect fans to buy season tickets in the next few days! We've had enough of their silence and half-baked comments.
KenH

Postby Billy bodger » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:02 pm

Maybe they have had enough?

With the rumours, I’ve just been invited to watch that team just down the rail track.

Turned them down, I’ll go back to watching Kno*end.
Billy bodger

Postby Born again Bill » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:12 pm

KenH wrote:No sane person is going to buy a season ticket in the next few days ahead of the early bird discount deadline given the club's perilous financial situation and seemingly one foul up after another. The board need to tell fans just what is happening if they seriously expect fans to buy season tickets in the next few days! We've had enough of their silence and half-baked comments.

Am I right in saying if you get tickets on a credit card you are covered in the event of club folding ?
Born again Bill

Previous

Return to General Discussion