the benches

the benches

Postby dazza » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:36 am

for me on saturday what was most worrying was the difference in the directions from both benches

forest green already relegated but cotterill was non stop urging pushing shouting encouragement

our bench was lackluster maybe its the end of season thing- the were safe thing - were ready for the plane thing but it was poles apart
agreed its understandable to a certain degree even to the point do players potentially want to get hurt in challenges when they dont know where they going to be next year
why has it never been announced who has been offered new contracts ?

the whole situation around the club is negative - to the point you have ex stewards slating the departing general manager - you have a first team manager who doesnt know what players he has to work with next year - he has no assistant - he has a mate but no assistant - you have supporters turning up to support the player of the year award saying they felt like second class citizens had to sit on the floor

this all has to stop - something has to change - why do the owners or club not announce how much the asking price is - it is now well rumoured that the club had a offer of 2.5 mill but the owners refused it the players the staff the board the fans deserve better

you can understand why people are reluctant to renew season tickets the early bird whilst the club is in such a precatious situation is too early
****dazza****
dazza

Re: the benches

Postby shrimpsontoast » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:46 am

Hopefully a new CEO will have some fresh ideas about how to resolve the apparent deadlock. Maybe Derek Adams has some good ideas. He appears to have shown a willingness to involve himself in off the field issues whereas Ged has simply said “that’s the job of the CEO, I just deal with the playing side of things”.
shrimpsontoast

Postby redrobo » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:50 am

dazza wrote:for me on saturday what was most worrying was the difference in the directions from both benches

forest green already relegated but cotterill was non stop urging pushing shouting encouragement

our bench was lackluster maybe its the end of season thing- the were safe thing - were ready for the plane thing but it was poles apart
agreed its understandable to a certain degree even to the point do players potentially want to get hurt in challenges when they dont know where they going to be next year

the whole situation around the club is negative - to the point you have ex stewards slating the departing general manager - you have a first team manager who doesnt know what players he has to work with next year - he has no assistant - he has a mate but no assistant - you have supporters turning up to support the player of the year award saying they felt like second class citizens had to sit on the floor

this all has to stop - something has to change - why do the owners or club not announce how much the asking price is - it is now well rumoured that the club had a offer of 2.5 mill but the owners refused it the players the staff the board the fans deserve better

you can understand why people are reluctant to renew season tickets the early bird whilst the club is in such a precatious situation is too early

Interested to know where those highlighted gems came from....... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby dazza » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:08 pm

red robbo

the comments re second class citizen were made by someone on facebook after attending and someone else commented on the post saying about sitting on the floor as no seats

the 2.5mill bid i thought it was common knowledge to the trust you know directors you could find out if you wanted to im sure
****dazza****
dazza

Postby dazza » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:10 pm

slating of the departing general manager

again was a facebook comment from a ex steward on the post about ben leaving the club

im only saying what i read
****dazza****
dazza

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:12 pm

dazza wrote:for me on saturday what was most worrying was the difference in the directions from both benches

I have noticed our bench on Tues nights when we go corporate that the opposition always seem more vocal, this is for most of the season not just Ged. It was also evident from the Berlin Wall on Sat, subs put on way to late for me!

A chorus is beginning to grow to replace Ged, well if he wants to stay I think with all that’s been going on since he took over he made the minimum fresh hold of staying up and what ever has gone wrong since early March I think he should start as the manager next season.

If the £2.5M offer is right who made it? I think all our supporters would like to know that! Was that just an opening offer or a take it or leave it offer. I think all that is relevant to us the supporters to grasp what is going on with the situation. For example did JW just dismiss it as an offer he just would not contemplate? If so who ever made that offer must not have upped their offer.

We are in a mess and I don’t see it ending but hopefully I’m just wrong once again. I will get my season ticket this week and put my self through it again next season, that is live football, nearly sixty years of watching it and it never fails to catch me out, whoever I have been watching. I just love watching live football and all that goes with it.
Billy bodger

Postby dazza » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:18 pm

and whilst we on the subject of stewards

the guy at the tunnel has obviously never seen the friendly club memo

at half time on saturday 2 young kids approx 8 years old went to behind the home dug out to see if any players sat there - the forementioned officianado was straight at the children in a manner that is far from a friendly club attitude - yes they maybe someone elses seats but no one was sitting in them
they are kids wanting to meet footballers absolutely disgusting behavior from the power mad steward
****dazza****
dazza

Postby redrobo » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:48 pm

dazza wrote:and whilst we on the subject of stewards

at half time on saturday 2 young kids approx 8 years old went to behind the home dug out to see if any players sat there - the forementioned officianado was straight at the children in a manner that is far from a friendly club attitude - yes they maybe someone elses seats but no one was sitting in them
they are kids wanting to meet footballers absolutely disgusting behavior from the power mad steward
#

Not THAT one AGAIN.

I had a run in with him some time ago who also got a former Director involved who like myself did not warrant such aggression.

He really needs to be sacked and to NOT tarnish the good attitude of the vast majority of stewards.
redrobo

Postby twosheds » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:23 pm

redrobo wrote:
dazza wrote:and whilst we on the subject of stewards

#

Not THAT one AGAIN.

I had a run in with him some time ago who also got a former Director involved who like myself did not warrant such aggression.

He really needs to be sacked and to NOT tarnish the good attitude of the vast majority of stewards.

I have experienced exactly the opposite...we always have a natter before the game while the stands quiet..always found him good humoured and helpful to those fans that need assistance to their seats...
twosheds

Postby redrobo » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:31 pm

Sorry but have to disagree . That yellow jacked steward has caused at least one long standing season ticket holder couple to no longer attend matches.

He was instrumental in both myself and an ex Director being accused of bad mouthing the Colchester manager. Fortunately people around us told him that he was wrong but he still wouldn't have it.

The guy in the orange bib DOES help people who need help and is good at what he does.
redrobo

Postby John L » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:34 pm

dazza wrote:the comments re second class citizen were made by someone on facebook after attending and someone else commented on the post saying about sitting on the floor as no seats

They should've read this more carefully...

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2024/april/enjoy-our-202324-end-of-season-awards-night/
All tickets provide entry to the Local Choice Suite, but seats will not be guaranteed. There will be designated standing areas for those who cannot find a seat.
John L

Postby twosheds » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:52 pm

redrobo wrote:Sorry but have to disagree . That yellow jacked steward has caused at least one long standing season ticket holder couple to no longer attend matches.

He was instrumental in both myself and an ex Director being accused of bad mouthing the Colchester manager. Fortunately people around us told him that he was wrong but he still wouldn't have it.

The guy in the orange bib DOES help people who need help and is good at what he does.

You can disagree all you like...but I can only comment on what I see and what I experience....sounds like you are doubting what I'm saying....

I've seen him intervene when other stewards have been heavy handed with Shrimps fans and apologise for the stewards behaviour. So he DOES help...in the meantime I'll go get my flameproof jacket on just in case...
twosheds

Return to General Discussion