Administration?

Administration?

Postby Keith » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:53 am

I don't know how this works?

If we were to go in to, and back out of Administration between now and the season starting again, would we still have a ten-point deduction? I'm guessing that we wouldn't? Would it be realistic to go into Administration, and have it resolved that quickly? If (for example) HMRC sought administration, and put the club up for sale for a realistic amount, and there was someone ready and willing to pay that price, then they come in, buy it. Administrator pays HMRC and other debtors. Whitingham gets nothing, and the club moves forwards. Could it work like that? I wonder if there is a trigger, just waiting to be pulled?

On the other hand, would the EFL allow us to start the season if we were in Administration? Could they expel us from the EFL for 'financial issues'? Promote the losing side in the National League Play-Off (or whatever) and we start the season in non-League, with no players? Part-time football, and a relegation battle next season?

When they say "be careful what you wish for", I don't even know what to wish for :cry: :cry: :cry:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Administration?

Postby Billy bodger » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:35 pm

10 points deduction, will be an automatic deduction.

The rules state intending to bring in administrators ‘is an insolvency event’ liable to an automatic ten point deduction. Going into admin and coming out before a new season will not get rid of the 10 point deduction.

I would also like to state to those advocating going into administration to help get rid of Jason, is too big a risk for Morecambe FC. As pointed out we would have to get the same number of points we have this year to end up on 47 points. DO YOU THINK THATS EASY, that pressure on the team.

If it happens we I’ll be the last to know, that’s the only thing we can be certain of.
Billy bodger

Return to General Discussion