Drawn 0
Lost 8
For 12
Against 24
Points 6 / 30
Redalert1970

Re: Last 10 games

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:56 pm

Time to go Ged. The exciting and attacking football myth has been blown apart and you are clearly out of your depth.

Just hope the rumours are true and he is packing up the tranny van.
BerlinWaller

Postby Old Man Kensey » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:18 pm

Apathy from the team, manager, supporters and board.
Just watching the team die.

Shame on all of us.
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby KenH » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:34 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Time to go Ged. The exciting and attacking football myth has been blown apart and you are clearly out of your depth.

Same happened with Robbo, a few good games when we change style of play and confuse the opposition, but future teams watch and learn to exploit our weaknesses and screw us over.

We havn't got the resources to bring in players who are good enough to provide "exciting and attacking" football over a long enough period. Simples. That's why we need a manager "Like" Derek who can bring out the best of what we can afford, and that usually means playing defensively and the manager/assistant manager spending huge amounts of time doing research on our opposition to set up a game plan to try and nick a goal and a win. Derek is the master of it, but it doesn't make for "exciting and attacking" football!

We have to accept what we are and that the only way to make progress is by "Derek Ball", whether the manager is Derek himself or a different manager who understands this and sets up a team in the same way with a proper game plan, unique for each opposing team we face, together with setting up the team and bringing in players who will do what he wants them to (hence the likes of Songo'o and Slew).

Sadly, with a heavy heart I say this, Ged is way out of his depth. As was Robbo. I think Jim understood what was needed, but wasn't "savvy" enough to make it happen and I don't think he/Ken did enough research of future opposition.

Given our precarious position, I'd have Derek back in a heartbeat, especially now that we're coming into the months of May and June and need to be bringing in players to form yet another brand new team. We've just been through a transfer season with Ged and there was no cohesion with who he brought in, it was basically just randomly bringing people in who happened to be available, with no obvious thought as to the positions we needed to fill, players we needed to work together etc - it really was a "bums on seats" haphazard recruitment season.
KenH

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:44 pm

KenH wrote:We've just been through a transfer season with Ged and there was no cohesion with who he brought in, it was basically just randomly bringing people in who happened to be available, with no obvious thought as to the positions we needed to fill, players we needed to work together etc - it really was a "bums on seats" haphazard recruitment season.

He had one month to rebuild a team, picking up players who were available mid-season, after losing six key players and with two long term injuries! Too right it was chaotic and "bums on seats", it was hardly a buyers market.

Whether Ged stays or goes, whoever is managing our joke of a club will be in an awful situation. Derek forming a competitive squad after finishing the season with six players was incredible, but there is a high chance this summer, that we will only have one player! Everyone else who was offered a contract, are clearly keeping their options open, rather than actually wanting to play for Morecambe FC. That's if we actually have a club next season. :cry: :cry: :cry:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:20 pm

KenH wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Time to go Ged. The exciting and attacking football myth has been blown apart and you are clearly out of your depth.

Same happened with Robbo, a few good games when we change style of play and confuse the opposition, but future teams watch and learn to exploit our weaknesses and screw us over.

We havn't got the resources to bring in players who are good enough to provide "exciting and attacking" football over a long enough period. Simples. That's why we need a manager "Like" Derek who can bring out the best of what we can afford, and that usually means playing defensively and the manager/assistant manager spending huge amounts of time doing research on our opposition to set up a game plan to try and nick a goal and a win. Derek is the master of it, but it doesn't make for "exciting and attacking" football!

We have to accept what we are and that the only way to make progress is by "Derek Ball", whether the manager is Derek himself or a different manager who understands this and sets up a team in the same way with a proper game plan, unique for each opposing team we face, together with setting up the team and bringing in players who will do what he wants them to (hence the likes of Songo'o and Slew).

Sadly, with a heavy heart I say this, Ged is way out of his depth. As was Robbo. I think Jim understood what was needed, but wasn't "savvy" enough to make it happen and I don't think he/Ken did enough research of future opposition.

Given our precarious position, I'd have Derek back in a heartbeat, especially now that we're coming into the months of May and June and need to be bringing in players to form yet another brand new team. We've just been through a transfer season with Ged and there was no cohesion with who he brought in, it was basically just randomly bringing people in who happened to be available, with no obvious thought as to the positions we needed to fill, players we needed to work together etc - it really was a "bums on seats" haphazard recruitment season.

Brilliant post Ken
BerlinWaller

Return to General Discussion