Morecambe 0 Doncaster 3 LIVE thread

Re: Morecambe 0 Doncaster 2 LIVE thread

Postby al1 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:37 pm

Hiwula is embarrassing and is a waste of a wage,how he is in the squad amazes me.Should have an academy player involved rather than him,we only have ten men when he is on the pitch!
al1

Postby twosheds » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:13 pm

al1 wrote:Hiwula is embarrassing and is a waste of a wage,how he is in the squad amazes me.Should have an academy player involved rather than him,we only have ten men when he is on the pitch!

It's not so long ago that Donald Love was on the receiving end of such comments...we're never happy unless we have something to moan about...
twosheds

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:18 pm

Hiwula missed an open goal when he was stood on the.goal line a few weeks back. Against barrow final mins of the game he just needed to hold on to it but gave it away and barrow went on the attack.

I have seen some bad players over 30 years but I think he is the worst.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:45 am

Give a few minutes to the youth if we fall down the league we fall down the league. Look at it as a possible investment while it doesn’t matter. If they don’t step up and impress, no real harm done.
Billy bodger

Postby black morse » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:55 am

Whilst I understand the comments being made on here re academy players we know that crazy results do happen quite often in this league and we can still, mathematically, reach a play off spot. If we lose tomorrow night I might well agree with you but we need to go for it with the best team possible against Crewe.
black morse

Re: Morecambe 0 Doncaster 3 LIVE thread

Postby Redalert1970 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:51 am

Stockport could be promoted on saturday so would be very unfair to throw kids in against them

Also the week after Forest Green could be fighting for league survival
Redalert1970

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:54 am

black morse wrote:Whilst I understand the comments being made on here re academy players we know that crazy results do happen quite often in this league and we can still, mathematically, reach a play off spot. If we lose tomorrow night I might well agree with you but we need to go for it with the best team possible against Crewe.

Well that’s maybe the team that started against Barrow, with maybe Rawson in for one of the centre backs, if he is fit to start. Could have youth on the bench?
Billy bodger

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:47 pm

Stuart Moore was co-commentating again on Saturday. He is excellent and offers an interesting insight to the squad and training. He said, words to the effect, that Hiwula 'is a good lad, and a good player, but football is a strange game and confidence is so important. His confidence is low at the moment. I was really wanting him to get a goal, because then we'll see his confidence rise'.

I agree entirely, so far he's been far from League Two standard, but let's keep behind him and hope he gets that goal and grows in confidence... ...soon!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:42 pm

I'd certainly invite Hiwula back for pre season training with an added incentive of a short term 6 month contract with a further extension until the end of season 24/25 IF pre season and the short term contract works out.

There is a player inside of him and if we could bring back Edwards and the other recent recruit who is recovering from surgery Barker, it's quite possible that we could have a really talented and potentially match winning trio.
redrobo

Postby CityShrimp » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:00 pm

It was worth a punt but Hiwula hasn’t worked out. His one good season was many years ago and I don’t see what he brings to the table - he doesn’t offer pace or good hold up play, he isn’t physical and doesn’t work particularly hard. I’d give Fox Akinde some game time instead.
CityShrimp

Postby vvm » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:33 am

Think I agree somewhat, once the playoffs become mathematically impossible, we should forget playing players like Hiwula, Garner and Larsson and look to give a few of our youth and players who might be here next season a run out.
vvm

Previous

Return to General Discussion