Cole wanted off

Cole wanted off

Postby redrobo » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:12 am

Not sure how many people noticed but from our seats in C Premier both myself and my colleague seated next to me noticed that Cole indicated to the bench that he wanted off and he was quickly taken off and replaced by Proctor :?: :?: :?:

I thought from the first minute that Cole didn't fancy the match playing against his former and possibly favourite club. His actions throughout looked of someone wanting to be elsewhere. Even when he came onto the field after arrival his body language wasn't positive and quickly made an exit back to the changing rooms after a hug and quick chat with Baz :o

I'm probably wrong but wonder if he wished he had signed that improved deal he was offered.... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Re: Cole wanted off

Postby black morse » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:34 am

redrobo wrote:Not sure how many people noticed but from our seats in C Premier both myself and my colleague seated next to me noticed that Cole indicated to the bench that he wanted off and he was quickly taken off and replaced by Proctor :?: :?: :?:

I thought from the first minute that Cole didn't fancy the match playing against his former and possibly favourite club. His actions throughout looked of someone wanting to be elsewhere. Even when he came onto the field after arrival his body language wasn't positive and quickly made an exit back to the changing rooms after a hug and quick chat with Baz :o

I'm probably wrong but wonder if he wished he had signed that improved deal he was offered.... :?: :?: :?:

You could be right RR but don't forget there were many times in his last season with us when his body language was not positive ;)
black morse

Postby jbc.shrimp » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:46 am

I did notice yesterday that we weren't pulling at his shirt. Our defence just kept him very quiet taking him out of the game. Cole Stockton had wanted off since the middle of last season. Ged Brannon's game plan worked beautifully yesterday proved that Barrow are not the Man.C of league 2 they think they are.
jbc.shrimp

Postby RedRedWine » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:58 pm

I thought Cole was very quiet throughout - he had little involvement and only two chances; first half firing straight at Mair who saved with his feet, and then in the second when a more speculative effort went high wide and handsome.

We marshalled Cole very well all afternoon - he was a non-factor, and is not really equipped to putting pressure on defenders as we know all too well; our line-up yesterday were all comfortable enough on the ball... it was too easy for us at times to casually knock the ball along the back-line with no jeopardy or danger of losing it. We didn't get involved in the wrestle - which is his natural game. Cole should have come off a lot sooner than he did in truth - although I'm glad that he did not; just another demonstration of how clueless the Barrow manager is/was (to avoid all doubt he concluded that the Bluebirds 'dominated' the game in his post match presser).

A predictably frosty reception for the former King of Merseyside on the day - not sure you would expect anything else when he ends up signing for Barrow on loan. Didn't really understand the 'you scouse bastard' chanting in his direction, given we have a few Liverpudlians in the current setup including our manager.... as has always been the case down the years.... it just sounded stupid, but closet Manchester United supporters generally are ;) Not everyone's cup of tea clearly; but still one of my favourite players in a Morecambe shirt. Poorly advised last year, which he has to take ownership of, but he gave us some unforgettable memories.

Reportedly on big money relative to what we can afford at Burton Albion, with another year left on that deal still to run. Think the outcome would always been the same unfortunately given his performances in League One for us.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby sandgrown » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:44 pm

very good post RRW, my thoughts entirely !
sandgrown

Postby shrimpsontoast » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:54 pm

He’s a professional footballer, it’s highly unlikely that sentiment affected his performance (just like it did with Wildig the other week eh?). Instead, credit where it’s due, CS and JB looked super motivated to keep him quiet when the ball was punted towards him and they did an excellent job. They also did a good job of teasing him for long periods by passing it about amongst themselves, which exposed one of Stockton’s key limitations for all to see. Together with the jeering he got, I’m not surprised he wanted off.
shrimpsontoast

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:42 pm

I particularly watched him with regard to what a previous manager at Tranmere when Cole played there said about him. He said if you want someone to run the channels and track back , then Cole is not your man.

When he should have tracked back a Morecambe player who had the ball he gave it a couple of strides then stood still.
Gone_Shrimping

Return to General Discussion