O/T - The England Euro 24 Nike Shirt

O/T - The England Euro 24 Nike Shirt

Postby Scouseport_Shrimp » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:53 am

Unbelievable really.....why doesn't Nike have a go at changing the Stars and Stripes and see where it gets them, or for that matter the flag of any other country.
Scouseport_Shrimp

Re: O/T - The England Euro 24 Nike Shirt

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:34 am

They've probably paid someone $50M to design that, hence they want £124 a shirt
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Billy bodger » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:59 am

Overall it’s a disappointing shirt, it will not be an iconic shirt for the ages, I don’t know the design budget (was it drastically cut?), but have Nike got their moneys worth? Will people buy it in droves? I think I will just get out one of my favourite England Shirts for this year’s Euros. As for the cross, if it’s supposed to be Saint Georges Cross, it’s not.
Billy bodger

Postby redrobo » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:39 pm

...and the really sad part of all this is that the FA probably approved the design before production started.

Just another example of the FA not in touch with the average fan.....but hey no problem some rich dude and its misses have said it's lovely.... :o :o :o
redrobo

Postby Freez » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:11 pm

Storm in a teacup, it’s a tiny badge on the back of the collar. Nobody had a thrombosis when the GB Olympic Footy shirt in 2012 was just a blue/white and grey Union Jack did they? No.
It’s got three lions on it, that’s the real badge.
It doesn’t bloody matter, unless you get annoyed and start spouting how wokery is taking over. :lol:
Prefer the purple one to be fair!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby John L » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:35 pm

Just as bad as a non-red MFC badge! :evil: ;)
GED ARMY!
John L

Postby Keith » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:59 pm

marky No.1 wrote:...hence they want £124 a shirt

:o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

I thought you were joking!!! That's dreadful.

I'm as 'woke' as they come ('woke' being a derivative of 'awoke to prejudice & persecution', so why people are proud to not be, I don't know), but I agree this is a bit crap. I'd prefer that 'we' reclaim the Flag of St George from the racists. England football is one time when it can be displayed with pride, so not keen on this, apparently 'playful' change.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Billy bodger » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:44 pm

Freez wrote:Storm in a teacup, it’s a tiny badge on the back of the collar. Nobody had a thrombosis when the GB Olympic Footy shirt in 2012 was just a blue/white and grey Union Jack did they? No.
It’s got three lions on it, that’s the real badge.
It doesn’t bloody matter, unless you get annoyed and start spouting how wokery is taking over. :lol:
Prefer the purple one to be fair!

4 things I’ll never understand, eagles flying high, snakes gliding over rock, ships navigating an ocean and company’s that change the cross of St George.
Billy bodger

Postby captain sparkle » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:09 am

Nike rubbing hands with glee!
People that wouldn't have ever bought one still won't, meanwhile the product is thrust upon the general populace at every opportunity, ensuring maximum publicity for minimum cost!
I haven't got a problem with it, but I have got a problem with the price! :o
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby Zip It Shrimpy » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:24 am

I long for a return to the "Cool Britannia" view of our flags to reflect our national creativity, inclusivity and our multicultural country.

There's an unpleasant psychology that goes on with flags. Nike have tried to create an innocent version of the St George's Cross flag to celebrate the 1966 victory. Some don't like the design. Others are offended as though "their" flag is being abused. I have to confess I'm offended by the police "thin blue line" gang badge, so I'm a victim of this psychology too.

I really hope as a nation we return to the Britain we were in 2012. As a nation we are poorer when focused on nationalism instead of a patriotic pride in our country and its achievements.
Who'd want to smell like you?
Zip It Shrimpy

Postby Billy bodger » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:00 pm

Shirt looks better with collar turned up, really cool, it looks that the designers missed a trick. It’s uninspiring and not worth the money. I stick to my retro.
Billy bodger

Postby Phil Anderer » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:57 pm

Seen it this evening in the Brazil game. That collar's so effing ugly you couldn't pay me £125 quid to wear it. Truly awful. If I were an England player I'd be looking to qualify for a country that didn't use Nike, cos thanks to the colours the Brazil shirt was 10 times worse..
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Zip It Shrimpy » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:40 am

I was quite impressed with the England shirt, given all the controversy.

I thought it was well tailored, and I liked the Royal Blue stripe running from hip to pit.

For me, the only controversy is about the price and the teeny, tiny, multi-coloured plus symbol on the neck.

I was expecting an offence to the eyes, like the one made by "Admiral" in the early 1980s or that Blue checked one that Gareth wore when he missed his penalty.
Who'd want to smell like you?
Zip It Shrimpy

Return to General Discussion