Ruthless new owner required

Ruthless new owner required

Postby redrobo » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:54 pm

As much as we all agree that our current BoDs continue to do a superb job under very trying circumstances maybe a more ruthless new owner is needed to breath new life into our club AND our current BoDs who need some serious help for our club to become a real force in the EFL.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Re: Ruthless new owner required

Postby black morse » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:47 pm

Be careful what you wish for RR.
:roll:
black morse

Postby J.S. » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:59 pm

What are you suggesting that this ruthless new owner does when he or she takes over?
J.S.

Postby KenH » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:01 am

Hopefully will bring in investment and new ideas, particularly in respect of the ground development. Buy back and use the 3g pitch site for income generation, develop any remaining parcels of building land on the site, develop the Berlin Wall (weren't there plans for offices at one time?). Market and use the bar, suite and boxes far more than their occasional use. We're sat on a lot of real estate and most gets barely any use other than approx 30 times a year when we have home matches, with the occasional function in between. It's nowhere near enough. Developing and making better use of existing facilities doesn't even need to cost much money - just needs more business minded ideas and marketing.
KenH

Postby shrimpsontoast » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:49 am

Hopefully not so ruthless that they put their own interests before that of the community that is the club… Think I’d prefer an ambitious, wealthy and capable new owner.
shrimpsontoast

Postby KenH » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:23 pm

shrimpsontoast wrote:Hopefully not so ruthless that they put their own interests before that of the community that is the club… Think I’d prefer an ambitious, wealthy and capable new owner.

I think an element of "ruthlessness" is needed to make some changes to the existing setup. Derek managed to drive some changes in mentality and attitude, but there are still some elements which need a shake up.

I think there's still a prevailing attitude that all we need is a sugar daddy with loads of money and everything else can stay the same, hanging on to the "little old Morecambe" mentality.

We need to be a lot more professional in lots of ways. And yes, we need money to make ALL the changes needed, but many smaller changes could have already been made as they cost little or nothing. I just don't think we ever really made the changes we needed to make when we changed from being an amateur to a professional club all those years ago, not helped by the bodged move to Westgate and all the money lost/wasted with that fiasco.
KenH

Postby shrimpsontoast » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:39 pm

What other things did you have in mind Ken?
shrimpsontoast

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:14 pm

What we need is a Passionate football fan with a business mind to firstly stabilise the ownership issues the Club has, by having a long term plan to build on what is on the whole a good Club.

Yes investment would be nice and to sort out the grounds limited facilities away from the stand and the training pitches ownership issue. Myself I’d buy out the Hurley Flyer and sort all the issues at the front of the stadium and replace it with something that can be an income stream.

I don’t know who can throw money at the Club to finance better players that can only come through sponsorship, gate money, money from the Premiership and Transfare’s.

If we are only handing out 1 year deals there will be no money off Transfare’s if we actually find a diamond of a player. The other Avenue is we promote from within from the Academy!

Oh Ken, what if some ruthless owner comes in and puts up the gate prices why to high for many of Morecambe’s supporters? ( Early Bird terrace season ticket Barrow FC 2023-24 = £285) Do you think numbers would fall if we matched their prices next season?
Billy bodger

Postby deadorred70 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:17 pm

I just think we need a owner/s who ever when ever ,trouble is we could be saying the same thing this time next season :cry:
deadorred70

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:31 am

Why is the club closing at 12 O'Clock on Wednesday for the afternoon ?

No reason given. Very strange. Could it be something to do with the sale of the club :?: :?:
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Old Man Kensey » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:37 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Why is the club closing at 12 O'Clock on Wednesday for the afternoon ?

No reason given. Very strange. Could it be something to do with the sale of the club :?: :?:

More likely a stocktake for the end of the financial year.
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:42 am

Old Man Kensey wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:Why is the club closing at 12 O'Clock on Wednesday for the afternoon ?

The financial year end is 31st May so 10 weeks early.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Old Man Kensey » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:48 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
Old Man Kensey wrote:

The financial year end is 31st May so 10 weeks early.

The tax year starts on the 5th or 6th April (I forget which), doing a stocktake beforehand can help reduce your tax bill.
The thrushes' bleeding battle with the wrens
Disrupts my reverie again
Old Man Kensey

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:51 am

More likely a stocktake for the end of the financial year.[/quote]

The financial year end is 31st May so 10 weeks early.[/quote]

The tax year starts on the 5th or 6th April (I forget which), doing a stocktake beforehand can help reduce your tax bill.[/quote]

The OWS states that The Club will shut at 12 O'Clock. Not just the shop , but the club will shut for the afternoon. Believe me , as someone who works in the Accountancy business , the stock of the club shop would not affect the Tax bill !
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Dave (Barra) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:36 am

Billy bodger wrote:Oh Ken, what if some ruthless owner comes in and puts up the gate prices why to high for many of Morecambe’s supporters? ( Early Bird terrace season ticket Barrow FC 2023-24 = £285) Do you think numbers would fall if we matched their prices next season?

Do you think our ST prices are high?

I pay game by game. £18 x 23 = £414. So a £129 discount seems fair enough to me.

Our owners are 3 local lads and the Supporters Trust so we’re not exactly in the realms of hard-nosed hedge fund manager etc
Dave (Barra)

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:56 am

Dave (Barra) wrote:
Billy bodger wrote:Oh Ken, what if some ruthless owner comes in and puts up the gate prices why to high for many of Morecambe’s supporters? ( Early Bird terrace season ticket Barrow FC 2023-24 = £285) Do you think numbers would fall if we matched their prices next season?

I pay game by game. £18 x 23 = £414. So a £129 discount seems fair enough to me.

Our owners are 3 local lads and the Supporters Trust so we’re not exactly in the realms of hard-nosed hedge fund manager etc

If a ST holder goes to more than 16 matches at Barra then its ok. A bit of illness and miss 7 games for various reasons then paying on a match by match basis better for the pocket.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Dave (Barra) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:20 pm

7 games is a hefty chunk to miss, from a 23 game deal tbfl.

It’s tricky for clubs, needing to strike a balance between getting bums on seats/trainers on concrete and getting some cash in to pay the bills.
Dave (Barra)

Postby KenH » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:19 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:The tax year starts on the 5th or 6th April (I forget which), doing a stocktake beforehand can help reduce your tax bill.

The tax year end is completely irrelevant for a limited company with a year end of 31 May. It's 31 May that matters and that's the date on which a stock take has to be done. You can't just do it on a random day, especially over 2 months early!!
KenH

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:35 pm

KenH wrote:
Old Man Kensey wrote:The tax year starts on the 5th or 6th April (I forget which), doing a stocktake beforehand can help reduce your tax bill.

The tax year end is completely irrelevant for a limited company with a year end of 31 May. It's 31 May that matters and that's the date on which a stock take has to be done. You can't just do it on a random day, especially over 2 months early!!

I tried to point that out to OMK. He is confusing personal Tax with Corporation Tax.

Interesting that the comments on the Facebook page about the closure seem to have been pulled.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Billy bodger » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:08 pm

Dave (Barra) wrote:

No I don’t think our tickets are over priced, but I recall after the club put them up after freezing them when we got promoted, a few fans I talked to said it was getting to high, that’s what I based my comments on. ( for myself I don’t think our prices should have been frozen). If we do get a ruthless owner what would they be?

The early bird season tickets just come on sale at £199 for terrace standing, so I think that’s really reasonable and hopefully fans see that and continue to support the club in its current numbers.
Main stand seated early bird £319

Just for info Barrow AFC has a early bird offer.
Barrow early bird terrace £285 (£235 senior 65+). Seated early bird £330 (£265 senior 65+).
Billy bodger

Return to General Discussion