Tony Crookes RIP

Tony Crookes RIP

Postby Jack Poulton » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:44 pm

I'm sad to report the sudden death of Tony Crookes at the young age of 69. Tony was a well known and long standing supporter of MFC, being never scared of voicing his opinions although he always meant well. He was known to many in the locality and a good and loyal friend. He was very active in the local football scene in his younger days and also a popular local DJ with a love of Soul Music. He was also involved with local Scooterist and Vespa clubs as a great enthusiast. Tony passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on Wednesday evening and leaves behind a devastated family. I will post further details when available. if you knew him please spread the word.
Jack Poulton

Re: Tony Crookes RIP

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:49 pm

Jack Poulton wrote:I'm sad to report the sudden death of Tony Crookes at the young age of 69. Tony was a well known and long standing supporter of MFC, being never scared of voicing his opinions although he always meant well. He was known to many in the locality and a good and loyal friend. He was very active in the local football scene in his younger days and also a popular local DJ with a love of Soul Music. He was also involved with local Scooterist and Vespa clubs as a great enthusiast. Tony passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on Wednesday evening and leaves behind a devastated family. I will post further details when available. if you knew him please spread the word.

Just trying to place him. In his youth did he live on Lancaster Road almost opposite Christie Park ?
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Jack Poulton » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:54 am

Yes. I think he did.
Jack Poulton

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:45 pm

Absolutely stunned by this.

Totally unexpected and shocking, I have known TC as a great friend since teenage days
His knowledge of Soul music was second to none and I had the pleasure of working with him on Summerbreeze and more recently Soul Train as well as many other DJ events in the area.

A well-known and opinionated guy but a true friend and colleage with a great family.
Really sad news. RIP Tony - You are a legend. A unique one-off, Ill miss you.
SimplyRed MFC

Postby Jack Poulton » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:48 pm

Nice tribute to Tony at half time today. Tony would have approved the Soul music. Thanks Mark.
Jack Poulton

Postby John L » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:51 pm

Does anyone have a photo of him which can be shared? I stood with Pete Johnson at the match and he can't picture him.
GED ARMY!
John L

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am

John L wrote:Does anyone have a photo of him which can be shared? I stood with Pete Johnson at the match and he can't picture him.

There is a photo of Tony now on The Facebook Morecambe FC Fans Page.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby John L » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:07 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
John L wrote:Does anyone have a photo of him which can be shared? I stood with Pete Johnson at the match and he can't picture him.

There is a photo of Tony now on The Facebook Morecambe FC Fans Page.

Thanks. I'm not on Facebook so will ask someone who is to show me.
GED ARMY!
John L

Return to General Discussion