Footballs 'Dark Arts'

Footballs 'Dark Arts'

Postby redrobo » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:11 pm

redrobo

Re: Footballs 'Dark Arts'

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:36 pm

I hope the authorities have read this statement. If Wrexham are admitting to using dark arts then should something not be done about this.
jbc.shrimp

Postby shrimpsontoast » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:09 pm

Err assume he’s referring to time wasting and breaking up the game with niggly fouls (either committing them or drawing them). In short, not being much interested in playing a game of football. It’s all part of the game really isn’t it. Teams only do it when they’ve got the lead (or they are really happy with a point) so I guess the moral of the story is “don’t fall behind in the game!”. Clearly they’ve got a much more experienced squad than most at this level (haven’t worked out the average age of their squad, but a lot of their players are not exactly youthful are they), so it’s not surprising that they are good at it. With us, I’ve seen quite a few games in the past (can’t recall specific examples and none since Ged took over) where we are behind, the other team starts doing this and then our players start getting frustrated and e.g. wasting 30 seconds of the 4minutes of injury time arguing with the referee. Doh!

Think we just need to move on from this Wrexham game, it was after all just another game in league two. Nothing in particular turned on it. Perhaps that accounts for the ground not being full…
shrimpsontoast

Postby Billy bodger » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:25 pm

We have seen plenty of teams who use the so called dark arts, Saturdays game was down to the ref, simple.
Once again teams didn’t really take advantage of us losing, it just clogged things up even more.
As I have said if you lose bounce back next game with a win.
10 games to go and we are in with a shout of the play offs, as are 5-9 teams, so there are going to be a lot of fluctuating in the standings. A good run in the rest of March will set us up nicely.
Four home games in March, so we just need to sort ourselves out with our home form and the last four games is when to do it, emphatically as well.
WELL DONE TO THOSE ON THE MARCH, GREAT JOB.
Billy bodger

Return to General Discussion