Is football clean or is there corruption in the sport?

Is football clean or is there corruption in the sport?

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:32 pm

As a regular spectator of the shrimps, the performance of the match officials over the past couple of seasons makes me wonder if there is widespread corruption in the game and match officials are receiving some form of inducement to favour particular teams. Certainly some of the more bizarre and one sided decisions seem to be made when we are playing one of the big boys in our league and they receive a multitude of free kicks and we receive few in return. Penalties are harshly given against us but blatant fouls in the area when we attack are ignored. Is there any monitoring of match officials? Certainly nothing is done to incompetent refs. Today's referee Thomas Parsons will be given more games to ruin with his incompetent display and he will not be relegated to the level he deserves in a local park!. Incompetency is one thing but is there any monitoring of clubs to ensure no backhanders or gifts are given to match officials? I am not including all referees in my criticism. I think this season I can remember 4 or 5 games where the match officials have been excellent but I can also remember games where a referee's decisions has won 3 points for a team- usually like Wrexham one of the big boys in our league!
fulwoodshrimp

Re: Is football clean or is there corruption in the sport?

Postby Andy D » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:13 pm

I think so.

Must be tempting if you're a Referee and for example say to a mate do fancy putting some money on the Morecambe game, for the amount of bookings, penalties, goals etc.

Easy money.
Andy D

Postby black morse » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:34 pm

There is corruption in all walks of life and all professions. It's proving it that is the difficult bit!
black morse

Postby glagys » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:32 am

Seems to be the so called big teams get the decisions because the refs think they are the superior team,
so the little old Morecambe/Barrow etc. cannot make a fair tackle on these superior teams so must be a foul,oh he screamed loud must be a foul,
It’s about time they were made accountable and explained how Wrexham committed 3 fouls to stop us breaking away and never received a card first time a Morecambe player did it booking
Melbourne second booking I don’t think was flagged as a foul by the liner and it was right in front of him,the ref made that decision
glagys

Return to General Discussion